Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I personally ignore the priority function entirely, dragging it out of sight and minimizing it. It's both annoying and useless. I mean it, completely useless - if you need an addon to tell you what to do with your own character, you just plain suck. But I'm using the "Aura buttons" feature, with a layout that allows me to see the status of all my dps abilities and cooldowns, neatly set up around my character so I never need to switch my eyes away from action.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    I mean it, completely useless - if you need an addon to tell you what to do with your own character, you just plain suck.
    If you need a car to move from your home to work, you just plain suck, so cars are completely useless.
    Also, thats not you or not your main, right?

Install it, use it, try to get used to it. If you don't like it then take it off, its all personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    I personally ignore the priority function entirely, dragging it out of sight and minimizing it. It's both annoying and useless. I mean it, completely useless - if you need an addon to tell you what to do with your own character, you just plain suck. But I'm using the "Aura buttons" feature, with a layout that allows me to see the status of all my dps abilities and cooldowns, neatly set up around my character so I never need to switch my eyes away from action.
    You posted this in another thread:

But I would argue that Revvo's auras do the same thing that I think you're trying to do in a much cleaner way.

Living the casual life, oh yeah.

^

Compact is key. Concise, easily readable information is processed easier with less time looking away from where your field of view should be.

Revvo has what is paramount to an F1 style steering wheel, with digital readouts and indicators all neatly stacked. This is similar to what mine looks like.

Gamuret has what is equivalent to a car with a radio in the backseat, tachometer in the trunk, steering wheel on the floor, etc.

Just because you can make tons of buttons/pop-ups/auras, doesn't mean you should. Simple is better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    You posted this in another thread:

But I would argue that Revvo's auras do the same thing that I think you're trying to do in a much cleaner way.

This is a completely subjective thing, you have no just cause to tell anyone that their preferred UI is "wrong". I'd rather his spread out, location based cooldowns (though a few less, he has a lot) that that mishmash of everything in 1 spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Millie View Post
    This is a completely subjective thing, you have no just cause to tell anyone that their preferred UI is "wrong". I'd rather his spread out, location based cooldowns (though a few less, he has a lot) that that mishmash of everything in 1 spot.
    Those are organzied by lowest CD with the exception of ES(because it's a long CD), and HoW because it looks bad when it's the the middle of the group considering you can't use it 90% of the time. Not to mention that the less you have to move your eyes to do your rotation, the more time you have to do other things, like look at grid or where you're standing.
    Last edited by Revvo; 2013-08-02 at 03:35 AM.

If you're happy with your UI and it enhances your performance then hooray! I find that having to look all over to gather information that I need to perform well is more distracting and leaves less of my attention available for other things like not standing in crap. I prefer, for that reason, to have things consolidated.

Do what works for you, I don't have to play your toon with your UI. I'm a nobody on the internet. Feel free to dismiss 100% of what I say.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

It IS subjective. Most things in life are.

However, there is a science behind both ergonomics and data processing for humans, and 99% of what you find there is that the "mishmash of everything in 1 spot" is far more efficient and effective in both recognition and processing of information.

Doesn't mean you have to like it or agree with it, but it also doesn't make it any less true or factual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...