Deleted

Saving trinkets in bags for boss pulls instead of trash

I didn't know where to put this question so I am just gonna put it here.

We all get annoyed when our trinkets proc on the last possible mob on trash and during farm you pull so fast that nothing gets to reset. I was wondering if it is worth it to stick your Breath of the hydras and Wusholaays and the other neat trinkets into your bags during trash and to equip them again before a boss pull to guarantee procs on opening burst.

Would this actually work or has the whole rppm mechanic made this an insanely stupid idea?

Interesting idea... I don't have any input but will be sticking around for others opinions

Deleted
    I think the RPPM restarts when you unequip/re-equip just as ICD trinkets gets put on the ICD so you wont guarantee yourself a proc. If someone can prove it I'd like to hear that but I wouldnt believe that it works.

Dont trinkets start their cooldown when you equip them?

no, the timer starts and even resets when you re equip them.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you freshly equip a trinket it sets some sort of ICD on them so they won't proc instantly, you can tyr it equiping trinket at dummy then burst, they don't proc for a long ass time.

So it won't work.

I don't know how it works with RPPM, but with ICD trinkets it used to trigger the ICD on equip (just like it does with on-use trinkets.) I haven't faintest idea what effect it has on RPPM items, though.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Deleted
    Good point with the target dummy, just did it and it seems to reset everything...sad.

I thought the idea was to get in combat with out attacking so you get bad luck protection on RPPM so they always proc at the start of a boss fight?

Deleted
    In my guild there's usually atleast a 1min break before each boss pull to rebuff, re-flask, repair and stuff like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duranox View Post
    In my guild there's usually atleast a 1min break before each boss pull to rebuff, re-flask, repair and stuff like that.
    And it takes about 9 minutes of idling to get your trinket procc right on the pull...

Unequipping/changing trinkets reset the timer as stated before, so unless you want to be a douche and sit out on every trash it's not an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    As long as you're out of combat for 60 seconds you should get procs on RPPM trinkets when you launch your first attack regardless of being in combat before it or not.
    so.. so very wrong. RPPM can go die in a fire in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Blood fox View Post
    so.. so very wrong. RPPM can go die in a fire in my opinion
    I wonder who thought RPPM was a good idea. I wanna do terrible things to him/her/them.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

I remember on Sindragosa I would unequip and requip my trinkets just before we pulled the 2nd miniboss, so that my trinket wouldn't proc until Sindragosa came down, though sometimes I just wouldn't dps on the mini boss.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4