Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

What DID work this expansion?

I figured I'd create this thread as a counterpoint to the existing one, So what didn't work this expansion?

So .. no negative comments! If you want to post something negative, use the thread link above. This is for discussing things that Bliizard ADDED or CHANGED for Mists of Pandaria, that you think worked well.

Monks
    Oh wow, I love this class! My main had been a druid right from Vanilla; that changed as soon as I saw the monk. I love the Brewmaster and Mistweaver specs, and Windwalker's a fun DPS spec. I frequently change my chosen specs around and play all 3 a lot.

Dailies
    In my opinion, the dailies they added in MoP were some of the best they've done. I've never liked dailies in the previous expansions; this time round I didn't mind doing them. I think if Blizzard hadn't used them for gating Rep grinds, thereby making them feel mandatory, they'd have been some of the most popular so far.

Raids
    I've really enjoyed all of them so far, with the exception of Heart of Fear - not as fond of that one. While I can't say I like every fight in the others, overall I've enjoyed all of them.

Rare Spawns
    There must be a dozen BoA weapons that spawn at random places in Pandaria. I really liked stumbling across them, and then hunting for the rest when I found out there were more. Then there's the rare mobs scattered all over the place, with challenging mechanics and some interesting drops. There was even a hunter pet, Savage - definitely the most interesting pet hunt I've had so far!

Music
    I've really liked the music in every expansion, but I think Blizzard surpassed themselves. Specially the music around the Farm or Shado-Pan Monastery .. I'll quite happily sit and listen in those areas for ages.

What about you guys? What do you really like about this expansion?

10+ Year Old Account
    The only good things about Mop was questing the first time through, and the raids. The game can't stand on raids alone. Doing the same raid 5 months in a row gets boring after a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    The only good things about Mop was questing the first time through, and the raids. The game can't stand on raids alone. Doing the same raid 5 months in a row gets boring after a while.
    Still better than 12 months of ICC or same shit with DS. They are improving and those who are playing the game can't deny that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    Personally I don't even think the raids were that good but that's neither here nor there.

What did work? Well I liked the recent pvp change they made I thought that was well done and it got me pvping alot more than I did before. I think Challenge Modes also worked for what they were intended. Pet Battles to. I like the key to the palace scenario to that was neat. Lot's of little things DID work for mists and I hope they iterate on those.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    What DID work this expansion?
    The players.. lol At least going by whining over dailies.

dailies were not done right. they became "too much of a good thing". I love dailies, but patch 5.0 was a super daily overload.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    - Challenges
    - Brawler´s Guild
    - Scenarios // HC
    - Pet Battles !!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuul View Post
    Still better than 12 months of ICC or same shit with DS. They are improving and those who are playing the game can't deny that.
    Ironically I feel about the same way I do after 5 months of tot as a i did at the end of a year of ICC. Actually maybe even worse about tot. I liked ICC. ToT I can't stand and being double exposed to it via lfr only makes it worse.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

There is a list that i made up by myself, which is some kind of rating for each expansion:

Burning Crusade: Best Raid expansion
    Wrath of the Lich King: Best Lore expansion
    Cataclysm: Best Questing expansion ( espacially the old zones )

And i think Mists of Pandaria did everything good, not as good as the specific Expansion, but still very good. Some kind of All-Rounder.
    But that's just my personal opinion.

The raids are really good, probably the best raiding expansion since Burning Crusade so far, so that's definitely a plus.

And I agree rare spawns were fun to hunt down and kill, so that was really well done with like 6+ rare NPCs in each zone plus the BoA weapons.

That's kind of it though, I feel like most everything else was a mess. Incredibly unfriendly towards alts, the legendary quest chain means if you swap your alt from say a Warlock to a Mage you'd do significantly worse because you'll get the meta gem so much later. Dailies are awful, but they'll always be awful, just kind of how dailies are no matter what they do. Need to make them weeklies instead and increase the reward imo. There's not really much else I can say, the new BG/Arena is kinda cool, but I mean, they could make a new BG/Arena every other week and it wouldn't really matter because most of them will be bad. Same with classes, Monks are pretty fun but the next class could suck, so I have a hard time saying it worked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuul View Post
    Hey dude, we're halfway there, and it's not even an end tier raid, besides Icc was one of my favorite raids. I could have raided that one longer without complaining.

• Questing and storytelling (meaning the execution not the content) were majorly improved over Cataclysm and WotLK.

• Pet battles were a fun little distraction to leveling and higher level content

• Overall aesthetics and zone design were beautiful this expansion

• Scenarios
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2013-07-27 at 09:38 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    PVP balance has not been too bad.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

15+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I can truly think of is the hidden treasures. Sadly they aren't so hidden because of the datamining :P Though I wish more stuff were made BoA that you looted. Especially all the vanity items. I see no reason why they aren't BoA.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the patches which didn't include raid. That way we got another patch worth of time to finish the raid. At least that is what I feel. I don't raid hardcore so it give me time.
    Last edited by Spl4sh3r; 2013-07-27 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliessil View Post
    Raids
    I've really enjoyed all of them so far, with the exception of Heart of Fear - not as fond of that one. While I can't say I like every fight in the others, overall I've enjoyed all of them.

Rare Spawns
    There must be a dozen BoA weapons that spawn at random places in Pandaria. I really liked stumbling across them, and then hunting for the rest when I found out there were more. Then there's the rare mobs scattered all over the place, with challenging mechanics and some interesting drops. There was even a hunter pet, Savage - definitely the most interesting pet hunt I've had so far!

Music
    I've really liked the music in every expansion, but I think Blizzard surpassed themselves. Specially the music around the Farm or Shado-Pan Monastery .. I'll quite happily sit and listen in those areas for ages.
    These 3 points I can agree with, and to add to that:

The Lore
    Before this expansion there hadn't been a single WoW expansion which had good lore. TBC had nearly non-existant story progression, I don't feel like going bonkers on Wrath in this thread since that's just gonna cause a lot of commotion, and I don't think I even need to argue for Cataclysm's sake. This is the first expansion where I've eagerly been waiting the next chapter of the story. Finding Lore Scrolls and Cho Lorewalker's little scenes really helped us understanding the lore and the past of Pandaria.

Pandaria
    As a whole I think the continent is extremely wonderful, the majority of it looks and feels just wonderful, while Dread Wastes makes me feel eerie. The best part of it was that there was a reason to go out into the continent. Lore Scrolls, Rare Spawns, Treasures, World Bosses, sure it's not as much as in Vanilla, but it was great finding all of these things around the continent, and I absolutely adore how it was handled in this expansion.

Also, just gotta add how typical it has become of this forum to go into a positive thread to just spew a lot of negative stuff. The OP made it clear that this was supposed to be a positive thread, so haters, shoo off with ya.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-07-27 at 09:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    It was successful in moving away from the design that made 4.3 pretty much the least enjoyable period in the games history.
    'cept LFR.
    LFR is good.
    LFR is my friend.
    Sorta.

Also the Lore. Even though it doesn't base itself on fundamental lore like Illidan and Arthas. It's clear that they have spent many hours making Pandaria believable and rich in history.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    It was successful in moving away from the design that made 4.3 pretty much the least enjoyable period in the games history.
    'cept LFR.
    LFR is good.
    LFR is my friend.
    Sorta.

Least enjoyable for you. You of course represent such a fractional minority in this game.
    The hammer comes down:

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Least enjoyable for you. You of course represent such a fractional minority in this game.
    4.3 is the patch I've seen get the most hate out of any patches, and I've been playing since the Razorgore whining when Blackwing Lair first launched. Not even the whining about ToC and ICC can match how much people disliked 4.3. He's not a fractional minority of the community with that opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I think the forums during that period spoke plenty.
    And the sub drops.

Not that I put too much weight on sub numbers to weigh quality but it's pretty freaking obvious that 4.3 was a low point.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2013-07-27 at 09:54 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lore
    Music
    Aesthetics and graphical enhancements
    The world
    The stories and questlines
    Varying small and big patches at a fast rate of release
    Man, I've got bags under my eyes... BAGS OF MONEY!
    See ya later, peasants.

Praise The Sun!