Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I like fireworks, when they are allowed and you expect them. I think I speak for many. Can't hate on fireworks otherwise

I love fireworks and go to see them whenever I can. I was actually going to go and see some later this evening put on by a carnival but it is raining. They are illegal in NY and can only be put on by a professional company.

I used to love fireworks.

Now im scared shitless in fear of explosive maiming. Losing my eyes would be devastating. And im not really fond of losing fingers either - i need those too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    I used to love fireworks.

Now im scared shitless in fear of explosive maiming. Losing my eyes would be devastating. And im not really fond of losing fingers either - i need those too.
    Sparklers are ok, and you can spell your name with them!

If cars aren't allowed to be above a certain level of noisiness I don't see why fireworks are exempt, aside from specific holidays.

My dog hates them but I love them. I give him a pill and all is good.

Deleted

I love Fireworks, got some burn scars on my right arm from a accident two years ago. love the colours, sound and smell.
    sadly, we're only allowed to use fireworks during new-years here, and even then we're pretty limited.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

I don't really care for them. Aside from the fact that they're extremely dangerous, a lot of people get upset because their pets/young children don't like them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never had any love for fireworks, being an individual prone to migraines.

My pets don't really react tot them. My dog gets kind of fearful, but he doesn't bark or anything.

We have these incredibly inconsiderate fucks across the street from us that set them off 3 times a week, all year. I hate them so much. And it's usually late at night when they do it - right when I'm trying to fall asleep (around 10PM-12AMish)
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

It's cool to watch them, but it's literally blowing up your money in a matter of seconds so it's hard for me to justify buying them lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I love fireworks, but they're illegal here unless set up and operated by professionals in an approved event. We used to have backyard fireworks years ago (with a fireworks handling license) but they've tightened the restrictions following regular accidents.

Deleted
    As long as they are in the days leading up to bonfire night and new years, I really don't mind. When they're just randomly let off it's a bit annoying.

I really like fireworks though. The bigger the better!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    How do I feel about fireworks? I like to watch them from a far distance, even if they're dangerous at times. I don't like that amateurs load them off, where houses are close together, especially older homes located on city streets. Those type of housing units are closer together, and there are usually trees overhanging, where the smaller part of land is between the sidewalk and actual street. They're pretty to watch when you're... high on life. (=

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    odd you mention this, because someone near me just started with fireworks about 20mins ago. where in UK are you? maybe its just coincidence :P
    Awfully strange coincidence since I like in Scotland

Deleted
    They basically kill the environment and scare off wild (and domestic) life . I think we all could live without them.

15+ Year Old Account
    I love it and people use common sense where I live.
    New years eve, easter are the two only major events, other than that it is usually only a few sports events or concerts, promotion per year along with some random person having his 50th birthday or whatnot.
    Those are all done within reasonable times and not too late or last too long.

I love fireworks, I was pretty damn pissed when in Singapore and one of their biggest hollidays is 1st May and there were NO fireworks.
    I expected some China influenced mayhem but it was forbidden to pop even a small firecracker >:
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    I like fireworks and I don't mind them. They are illegal where I live. The only firework shows I see around here are on New Year's Eve and rarely from hotels that hosted a wedding or a similar event. This year I didn't see one single firework so far.

I have to wear sun glasses to see them because it hurts my eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    Having just dealt with an upset child and a terrified dog after someone in my area decided to set off a series of unusually loud fireworks on an unimportant day in July I began to wonder about other people's attitude to fireworks.

Personally I really dislike them. I tolerate them on days of note, bonfire night in the UK and New Years. Although on these days I have a hell of a time caring for my dog who is terrified of the banging and the whole night will run around the house crying, howling and barking.

Tonight, being the 27th July I don't see why anyone would have a reason to be setting off fireworks. I also consider it really inconsiderate to do so. It's night time, it's common knowledge it affects animals, wakes up children and scares pensioners as well as annoying a lot of people in a several mile radius.

Sure they look pretty, but is it really worth causing all that distress so that a couple of people can stare up and watch gunpowder explode?

I'm not even going to get into the dangers of them, especially when being handled by members of the public and I would support any legislation that banned the sale of fireworks to the general public and permission was only granted to organised events.

Call me a spoil sport and a kill joy, I just personally don't see how the attractiveness of them out ways all the negatives.

So I ask you, what is your opinion of fireworks?
    Do you like/dislike them?
    Should their use be limited to certain times of the year?
    How do you feel about anyone having access to them?
    Funny... I heard them at 4AM, and I'm across the continent. No idea why, and I don't think they were shootings either.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.