Deleted

can I get infracted for overusing the forum name change feature?

I've used the name change feature 3 times so far and am planning on a fourth change soon. Just wondering if this is something you expected some to do (name change nearly monthly) or if this is something which can be infracted upon if abused?

Nope. You're allowed to use it that often, for a reason.

No problem at all. I assume though, you're talking about the automated service from your User Control Panel?

Quote Originally Posted by Temperance Brennan View Post
    I've used the name change feature 3 times so far and am planning on a fourth change soon. Just wondering if this is something you expected some to do (name change nearly monthly) or if this is something which can be infracted upon if abused?
    If the forum allows you to change your name every 60 (I think it is 60) days, why would you get infracted for that?

10+ Year Old Account
    30 days, and not that I know of. So long as you're not changing the names to something absurd.

The mods will think "this nzall guy is name changing to avoid me infracting him" so they'll pay extra close attention and profile you. Trust me, I'm a Doctor.

But the system won't infract you for name changing a lot I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    The mods will think "this nzall guy is name changing to avoid me infracting him" so they'll pay extra close attention and profile you. Trust me, I'm a Doctor.
    I realise you're probably just joking around, but I don't want people to think that's true - it's not at all.

Some people just like changing their names. Some of those people are moderators themselves. If we found the behaviour suspicious, the admins probably wouldn't have made the feature available.

As long as your name selections are within the rules, it won't have any negative repercussions on you.

That said - what Baekhyun said above might be true. I know it was discussed there being a cap for name changes. I don't honestly know if it went live but it's something to keep in mind.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Do I have to show you my PHD?

Nah I was just messing around with my good buddy nzall. Mods wouldn't do that.

Deleted
    Any mod can name another mod that could possible help the OP with a definite awnser? Maybe theres a cap isn't really helping him I think. :P

Currently there is no cap set.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, what chaud said.