Raden Orb Damage

My 25m Guild lost a bit of our ranged core from a grueling Lei Shen progression. We lost a main tank around 100 pulls into the fight and had to fight our way back with a new tank and lost people every week.

We are on Raden now and we are having severe problems with orb damage as we have 8 melee, 11 ranged.

Does anyone know a ranking off hand as far as which class/specs are best for raden orb damage? I have been looking through logs and they give me a rough idea but some insight would be helpful.

Deleted
    Warlocks.

Use melee to help as well. Tricks of the trade to warlocks, even ranged abilities from melee can help.

I don't see why warlocks would be best for orbs unless they are destro, and even then...

Arc mages are fantastic on this fight because they rarely need to move and great damage on the orbs.

Heres a major trick for orb damage, have most of your dps switch to it right away and kill it, its not a ranged only thing.

Arcane mages absolutely rape the orbs + the boss. Destruction warlocks really only rape the orbs. Stack arcane mages if possible ( have melee log arcane mage alts) failing that, destro warlocks.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

In order of most dmg to the orbs:

Shadow priests (will take a hit due to saving DP for orbs instead of using "on CD, but if they do this, they WILL be unrivalled).
    Destro locks.
    Arcane Mages.
    Boomkins.
    Hunters.
    Ele Shamans.

Note that ret paladins can do as much as a hunter/ele shaman if they get wrath symbiosis and spam exo/judge/wrath.

For orb damage specifically,

Spriests>=Desto Locks>Arcane Mages all do really high dps
    Hunters>=Moonkins do medium to high dps
    Every other ranged does medium dps
    Shuriken toss Rogues are the darkhorses if you need even more dps
    MW monk CJL last resort maybe?

Arcane mages and affli / destro locks

Our Boomie obliterates the orbs. (10m tho)
    And yes, have your melee switch to the orb aswell.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

We were worried about the debuff being transferred to the melee if they ran out there to dps the orb. Will try that though. Thanks for the responses so far

Quote Originally Posted by SHLAM View Post
    We were worried about the debuff being transferred to the melee if they ran out there to dps the orb. Will try that though. Thanks for the responses so far
    Having someone run fast as f*ck far away might work. Then again I'm doing 10 giving us more time between the jumps.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

S Priests, Desto Locks, Arcane Mages, Boomkins, Hunters, Mistweaver Monks (CJL), Rogues (Shuriken Toss).

Pretty much in that order.

Don't bother trying to have melee switch to the orb in 25 man, the lightning jumps far too quickly. You can get maybe 2 globals off on it when it enters the "inner circle" of the room if you're tanking ra-den in the middle as a melee, while still being safe - which I guess is worthwhile. But having them run all the way out to DPS will never end well.

As said though - make use of your ret pallies. They do a shitton of dmg, even if they don't like it because they lose singletarget DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    As said though - make use of your ret pallies. They do a shitton of dmg, even if they don't like it because they lose singletarget DPS.
    Just wanna make sure you see this. Wrath spamming rets actually do a ton of dmg and if you're ignoring them on the balls you're really hurting yourself.