Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Am I suitable/ready for HC guild applications?

So I'm beginning to lose patience in my current guild with our gm raiding in his gfs guild and showing no interest in our progress many raid loggers and no social interaction.

I dont have any HC experiece this expac (7/8 DS HC before our gm decided to get boosted for her madness kill and mug us all off) but am now finding no excitement in normal mode and find myself getting frustrated with fellow guildies making simple mistakes. I put ALOT of effort into gearing (535 ilvl in demo spec with no HC kills) and only have dps competition from our hunter gm who is similar ilvl to me (both of us have 608 cloak)

I'm torn right now because my guild is full of people I love but they've played the game alot longer than I have and quite obviously have grown bored of WoW outside of raid times.

So yeh my question is do you guys think it's time for me to move on and starting looking for HC progress and if so do you think I'm ready?

I have no current logs available but maybe could upload something if we dont kill HC jinny tomorrow and go onto farm some normals before reset.

Link to armory

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...8Dtch/advanced

Doesn't hurt to try to apply. Im sure someone will want you due to the high ilevel. Just be sure to try to get some logs. May help.

Deleted
    You shouldn't be playing Demo without UVLS. That aside, your gear is more than good enough (I'm only 532 ilevel and am in an 11/13 heroic guild). Just apply to a guild who wants a lock and has killed about 4-5 heroic bosses.

http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/.../Calming+Storm
    http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/draenor/%C3%82sylum
    http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/draenor/Infamy

Look like good options.

I came back to the game mid way through Throne with about ilevel 500 and zero MoP raiding experience and went straight into a guild doing heroic modes. If you can write a good application you can get into most guilds.

Get some logs though if possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemii View Post
    You shouldn't be playing Demo without UVLS. That aside, your gear is more than good enough (I'm only 532 ilevel and am in an 11/13 heroic guild). Just apply to a guild who wants a lock and has killed about 4-5 heroic bosses.

http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/.../Calming+Storm
    http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/draenor/%C3%82sylum
    http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/draenor/Infamy

Look like good options.

I came back to the game mid way through Throne with about ilevel 500 and zero MoP raiding experience and went straight into a guild doing heroic modes. If you can write a good application you can get into most guilds.

Get some logs though if possible.
    I'm in my destro gear on the armory. Hence the 531 equipped 535 bags :P I'm using normal (2/2) UVLS and the SPA trinket in demo spec

If you are willing to server transfer I can offer you a trial in my guild. We are currently 4/13 hc. Feel free to PM me if you want more info

As long as your write a good app most guilds wouldn't have a problem. Just make sure you do your homework on fights and excel in your trial period and you'll be good to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    You shouldn't be playing Demo without UVLS.
    Don't take this for fact, because it isn't. UVLS is an important upgrade to get for Demo, however the spec can and does play fine without it.

OT: Take a shot at 25 man guilds, in my previous guild if you application was well written I would have given you a shot without much hesitation. Seeing anyone that has kept up on their gear (Full Upgrades at this point) is a good sign, most 25m guilds will be able to gear you up without much issues, and are going to really be looking to the next tier. As long as you can play well, prove it in an app, and are willing to keep putting in effort you won't have a problem playing in a higher ranked guild.

With a quick glance at your gear the only things I would question would be:
    -GoSac, this talent is at best viable with UVLS in higher gear, without UVLS and lower ilvl I really doubt it is near optimal
    -There is a orange gem in the prismatic socket on your belt, if you follow your gemming strategy there should be a yellow gem there
    -Same issue with the prismatic socket on your weapon
    -Haste enchant on boots instead of Pandarent step. You are trading 8% movement speed for 40 stats, warlocks have pretty good mobility but in a general sense I would say you should value the movement speed over the 40 stats
    -Minor issue with undead for super high end progression, but in 99.9% of guilds I highly doubt that would be an issue
    Last edited by Zinnin; 2013-07-28 at 12:29 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    Don't take this for fact, because it isn't. UVLS is an important upgrade to get for Demo, however the spec can and does play fine without it.

OT: Take a shot at 25 man guilds, in my previous guild if you application was well written I would have given you a shot without much hesitation. Seeing anyone that has kept up on their gear (Full Upgrades at this point) is a good sign, most 25m guilds will be able to gear you up without much issues, and are going to really be looking to the next tier. As long as you can play well, prove it in an app, and are willing to keep putting in effort you won't have a problem playing in a higher ranked guild.

-GoSac, this talent is at best viable with UVLS in higher gear, without UVLS and lower ilvl I really doubt it is near optimal
    -There is a orange gem in the prismatic socket on your belt, if you follow your gemming strategy there should be a yellow gem there
    -Haste enchant on boots instead of Pandarent step. You are trading 8% movement speed for 40 stats, warlocks have pretty good mobility but in a general sense I would say you should value the movement speed over the 40 stats
    -Minor issue with undead for super high end progression, but in 99.9% of guilds I highly doubt that would be an issue
    I'm confused by your go sac comment. are you saying I shouldn't be using it as destro or that I should be using as demo? Either way my grimoires are kinda messed up at the minute as i was running multiple lfrs and playing around with different talent builds for both specs

Normally for demo I'll use goserv for straight up single target (i.e durumu) and go sac for multi doom fights (i.e) council

Destro I'll rock gosup observer for most fights unless there are nice damage multipliers i.e jinrohk or horridon when I'll take gosac

Thankyou for pointing out the issue with the gems though this is something I will fix tomorrow as it has totally slipped under the radar for me.

And yes as far as racials go I wouldn't consider race changing unless it was for a server first guild, which isn't something I'm looking to do anytime soon

Thanks for pointers

My top tip is to find a guild that highly wants a warlock. Explain ure experience and I bet ure fine. I dont know anything about warlocks tho

Deleted

Demo is a terrible spec without UVLS. By far the worst of the three specs, it's even worse than Affliction without Legendary meta. No one in a heroic raiding guild should be playing Demo without UVLS.

Deleted
    Demo is a terrible spec without UVLS. By far the worst of the three specs, it's even worse than Affliction without Legendary meta. No one in a heroic raiding guild should be playing Demo without UVLS.
    Kinda going off topic here as I've already stated that for demo I am running with normal uvls

10+ Year Old Account
    I completely disagree, it seems players are a little disillusioned whenwhen it comes to where the spec is without Uvls.

be realistic and aim for a guild that is on the early heroics, and you should be fine.

Deleted
    I completely disagree, it seems players are a little disillusioned whenwhen it comes to where the spec is without Uvls.
    Agreed; on a couple of occasions I have switched to demo for a fight and forgotten to switch my trinkets, leaving myself with LFR cha ye and LFR wooshoolay and have still managed to pull decent numbers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivetti View Post
    I have your GM (Kasim) on real i.d and have spoken with him on a few occasions about possibly trying out but last time i saw you guys adding in trade it said you were looking or a priest so I assumed you'd found your lock?

UVLS is a significant upgrade for Demo, yes, but the spec performs just fine without it. I wouldn't necessarily recommend playing it over Aff on fights without AoE, but its not far behind.

Your gear says you are ready but what matters more is getting logs to show you are capable and that you know your class well. Try to get a parse of a normal mode fight with little gimmick influence like Durumu or Twin Consorts. Study the fights that most heroic guilds have cleared and just put yourself out there, it won't hurt to look around if you aren't happy with your current guild.

While I agree with you that it performs "fine" without UVLS, affliction with meta pulls ahead on any fight without massive AoE (Heroic Durumu/Lei shen HC)

I play in a US 22nd guild and I play demo as my OS without UVLS, sure it gimps my single target but I still perform well without it.

OT; Best bet is to app around, the worst you'll get is a no and then you're in the same position you're in now, there's no harm in trying.