Poll: Would you play on Vanilla/TBC server?

Page 1 of 26
... LastLast
    Deleted

Question If Blizzard made Vanilla/TBC servers - would you play on them?

Let's imagine that Blizzard made some Vanilla or TBC servers. Would you play on them or would you stick to the latest content?

EDIT: I'm not asking if Blizzard would make those servers. I'm asking if you would play on them.
    Last edited by mmocfee4aa7b34; 2013-07-27 at 11:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. And they're never going to make them.

No, with no new content it would get extremely boring doing the same things over and over again. For me personally I cleared all the raids while they were current content so farming them to infinity would be mind numbing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    No. And they're never going to make them.
    I'm not asking if they would make them I'm asking if you would play on those servers.

Nostalgia is what it is for a reason. Revisiting it only makes you realize it wasn't as great as you thought it was (in retrospect).

No and the people ask for these servers would play then once then stop soon after.

Players who never played vanilla will almost guaranteed pick No, while players who did play vanilla will most probably select yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gods no, Don't get me wrong I played in TBC and loved it, but not because of the game, the game was pretty bad back then. I loved it because the PEOPLE who played and who I played with back then were so much nicer and because I had so much more time to commit to doing nothing but playing WoW. If I'm gunna have to deal with the kind of people who play the game nowadays I at least want to be able to roundhouse kick things in the head on my monk while I do it, then queue for 5 mins and do a couple of wings of LFR.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    I would out of pure nostalgia....then get bored of it and probably never play it again.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

i would play on a wrath server. but the only thing i would do on these would be looking at the old world for a bit. vanilla and bc are a time i don't ever want to go back to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most likely. Granted, considering there would never be new content, there's only so much you could do. Completely gear up one of each class, and then you just stagnate. And that's the problem - people would play them, hell, probably for quite a while, but then the lack of things to do would drive them back to regular servers. As someone who never got to raid in BC, I would probably stick around for quite a while, but not forever. And what's the point in supporting a server that turns into a ghost town mere months after its creation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    For an additional sub: No.

For kicks every now and again: Sure!

10+ Year Old Account
    This shit again, for god's sake.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-07-28 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    I'm not asking if they would make them I'm asking if you would play on those servers.
    And that was answered quite clearly:
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    No.
    If you ask for opinions you should allow people to elaborate them as well.

Frankly, it's an idea that's only pros stem from romantic nostalgia; no sane person would like to return to those days. Aside from the fact that the greatest parts of WoW's today community constantly states how they can't even be bothered investing the time and ressources required to play those parts of the game that were once the only content available, even if such servers would be put up people would soon see what a drag Vanilla / TBC was compared to today and simply lose interest. That time is better invested in the actual game. Current content is what always and only mattered in WoW, that's the way is was designed and there is no going back.
    Last edited by The Kao; 2013-07-27 at 11:30 PM.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's imagine that Blizzard made some Vanilla or TBC servers. Would you play on them or would you stick to the latest content?

EDIT: I'm not asking if Blizzard would make those servers. I'm asking if you would play on them.
    I would still be playing the latest expansions because that's were the new content is. Sure, I would probably start a char on the vanilla/tbc server, but I probably wouldn't play on it that much, since I've already seen everything and killed everything there is to kill in vanilla/tbc.

What people fail to realize is that going back to vanilla/tbc now is not the same thing as playing it for the first time. You already know how to clear every HC dungeon effectively, you know how to clear every raid instance etc. You would be finished with all the content in no time, at least I would be since I and the majority of players I play with have raided since vanilla.
    Last edited by zephid; 2013-07-27 at 11:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    If you don't want to read this why the fu** do you open this thread? -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Yeah I was about to drop the obligatory "Oh look, this thread again."

If you don't want to read this why the fu** do you open this thread? -.-
    Because this fucking thread has been made thousands of times - why didn't you search for one just like it and post in there that you agree?
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

I didn't vote because the option "no, I'm never paying blizzard money again" wasn't there. Honestly, I'm having more fun playing on the --SNIP-- private server than I have since I first started playing in 2006. Can't say I'm burned out because I quit subbing for wow, the direction the game has gone is the problem.

Don't name and discuss a private server here
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-07-28 at 12:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devwar View Post
    Nostalgia is what it is for a reason. Revisiting it only makes you realize it wasn't as great as you thought it was (in retrospect).
    This. Have you ever played one of your cherished childhood games again now that you are older? It just isn't the same and does not meet the expectations you give it. I would never play an old game server. As fondly as I look back in Wrath I would never play it again not only because nostalgia has made it seem greater than it was, but because my friends were what made a large part of the experience for me. Without them it would just be stale.