View Poll Results: What do you think Warcraft the Movie will be like?

Voters
301. You may not vote on this poll
  • It will be good

131 43.52%
  • It will be.. meh..

114 37.87%
  • It will tank, hard.

56 18.60%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'll be surprised if it makes back its budget.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Except you release movie merchandise around the time of the movie's release, not years before. THAT is how merchandising works.

Nevermind the fact that Blizzard has tons of merchandise across the board for all of its franchises and none of it has ever really been indicative of anything.
    Please. The direction they're taking their merchandising in should be enough for people to understand where it is heading.

This all reminds me again about the period where people refused to believe "Mists of Pandaria" was going to be an expansion.
    Face it. The Warcraft movie is going to be aimed at a younger audience and not carry the same theme or tones of the cinematics we're used to from Warcraft3 or WoW. It's all going to be much much more lighthearted, think Shrek meets Pirates of the Carribean.
    "Anarchism is famously opposed to the State, while at the same time advocating planned administration of things in the interest of the community."
    Today, anarchists dedicated to these goals often support state power to protect people, society and the earth itself from the ravages of concentrated private capital. That's no contradiction. People live and suffer and endure in the existing society.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Please. The direction they're taking their merchandising in should be enough for people to understand where it is heading.

This all reminds me again about the period where people refused to believe "Mists of Pandaria" was going to be an expansion.
    Face it. The Warcraft movie is going to be aimed at a younger audience and not carry the same theme or tones of the cinematics we're used to from Warcraft3 or WoW. It's all going to be much much more lighthearted.
    A few new products does not mean a new direction, it just means new products. The kids stuff is new, but it's not taking over.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    A few new products does not mean a new direction, it just means new products. The kids stuff is new, but it's not taking over.
    Mists of Pandaria in itself was already a step towards more childrens content, which should be obvious if you compare it to how the previous expansions were presented instead. This trend of going towards more childrens oriented content and goodies has been going since before MoP launched now. And they're only taking it further lately...
    "Anarchism is famously opposed to the State, while at the same time advocating planned administration of things in the interest of the community."
    Today, anarchists dedicated to these goals often support state power to protect people, society and the earth itself from the ravages of concentrated private capital. That's no contradiction. People live and suffer and endure in the existing society.

Its a movie adaptation of a video game... History generally always repeats itself.

It will be Meh, like all movies made after video games. There are no big names announced to star in it either, so it's clear Blizzard is barely trying and the movie's purpose is likely to advertise for wow.

I have yet to see a decent movie based on a videogame so my expectations are really, really low. Which is probably a good thing.

Mists of Pandaria in itself was already a step towards more childrens content, which should be obvious if you compare it to how the previous expansions were presented instead. This trend of going towards more childrens oriented content and goodies has been going since before MoP launched now. And they're only taking it further lately...
    This tired old argument... Not that it holds any water seeing as how there has been plenty of merchandise put out during MoP that is pretty much par the course for the kinds of merchandise they've always put out. Novels, comics, weapon replicas, apparel, cards, and so on. And no sign of any of that stopping.

This isn't a new trend in their merchandise, it's just more merchandise.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

Herald of the Titans Suffer the Consequences's Avatar
    In a bunker, stockpiling an arsenal you wouldn't fucking believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    Given what I heard about the first draft (told from the PoV of an Alliance Paladin about the evil Horde) I'm of a distinctly negative mindset about this movie. I definitely won't be seeing it at release.
    Yeah, if this movie turns out to basically be shitting on the Horde, I'll pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Standing up to an enemy she can't possibly defeat is more bad ass than Thrall using his magic penny to turn Deathwing into glitter.

It will show 10 people fighing a giant monster and 15 people just standing still with an "afk" sign on their heads.

LFR: The movie.

about as much as you'll let it.

nerds are critical of every inch of every line, so go in that theater with a grain of salt (but I know you wont).

Im going to put my faith into Blizzard on this one, after so many years of the playerbase wanting a movie, and for such a huge franchise. This movie could make thousands of subscribers, or it could drive them away if its as bad as the mario movie. So I suspect full effort and time will go into making this movie a massive success.

I will say that im very very nervous as to how well they will make a live action version of WoW. I was hoping for an animated movie. But it better be gritty and dark, none of this peace and serenity bullshit, I want Warcraft style evil ripping faces off and killing villages Legion style.

Also it would be cool if they gave away freebies, like with the old pokemon movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    Probably pretty awfully.

Video game adaptations usually are pretty godawful, and Warcraft's story (post Frozen Throne) hasn't exactly been... deep. It's more Saturday morning cartoon than anything else.

And then there are those godawful novels and novellas. Good lord.

Warcraft's story problem isn't limited to the movie...
    lol assuming pre TFT's stories were good.

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    It will show 10 people fighing a giant monster and 15 people just standing still with an "afk" sign on their heads.

LFR: The movie.
    It will also be rated M for the strong language.

err wut? one lighthearted xpac doesn't mean it will be new direction.... Next xpac will likely be about legion. Even in MoP,I think it's more mature than previous xpacs. I can't understand your logic really.

Might be alright but it will make massive amounts of money regardless of how good or bad it is.

What bothers me about the movie is, that it will cost (according to Metzen) north of 100 million $ wich, I think is not enough for a movie of that proportion. North of 200 mill will be enough judged by the CGI cost of John Carter of Mars, it costed 220-250 mill and they (the visual effects) were amazing (unlike the movie itself).
    Last edited by evil_bono; 2013-07-28 at 10:24 AM.

The Patient
    My gut-feeling says meh but I sure hope it turns out to be awesome.
    All I want for the movie is to be better than Man of Steel. I was bored after the first couple of mins. The best thing about MoS was when it ended imo. So if they do better than that, the movie could be great

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    ooh yes.. get them confused.... well put indiana jones in place of star wars, and put space aliens held in underground tombs and ants that speed eat you instead of jarjar.

also.. it was kind of south park that drew my attention to warcraft to begin with. kind of ironic.
    the new Indiana jonese movie was George Lucas's idea actually, and Spielberg didn't even want to do it. Essentially the only reason he signed on was to make sure Lucas didn't manage o completely ruin the series, and to make a couple dollars.

Spielberg is a far better film maker than Lucas. Jurassic Park, Jaws, E.T., Close Encounters With the Third Kind, Saving Private Ryan, Schindler's List etc... The only Spielberg directed movie I would say was bad was the War of the Worlds remake (and Krystal skull, but that was Lucas's fault).

Really hoping for a decent movie