View Poll Results: What do you think Warcraft the Movie will be like?

Voters
301. You may not vote on this poll
  • It will be good

131 43.52%
  • It will be.. meh..

114 37.87%
  • It will tank, hard.

56 18.60%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I haven't seen anything yet, like a few others have, so I have no idea what it'll be like. But I do think it'll be good enough and that they're putting a good chunk of effort into it. Because:
    Director Uwe Boll contacted Blizzard about directing the film, but Blizzard refused. As quoted by MTV news Uwe Boll stated: "I got in contact with Paul Sams of Blizzard, and he said, 'We will not sell the movie rights, not to you... especially not to you. Because it's such a big online game success, maybe a bad movie would destroy that ongoing income, what the company has with it."
    Source: IMDb

Quote Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
    I haven't seen anything yet, like a few others have, so I have no idea what it'll be like. But I do think it'll be good enough and that they're putting a good chunk of effort into it. Because:

Source: IMDb
    Ouch. At least Blizzard has standards, though.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored

Ever since I found out it wasn't going to be fully animated (Like the expansion intros) my expectations have dropped a lot. I won't be massively dissappointed if it isnt the best movie ever, so it can only go up.

It will be a Uwe Boll -esque B-class movie in vein of the games.
    Last edited by Kasami; 2013-07-28 at 01:44 PM.
    WoW killers are like the end of the world, they come and go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    yeah, see the developers just flipped you the finger.

@OP

The word is "fare", not "fair".

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    I don't even know who's acting in it of who's directing / writing the scrip for it.
    Those choices will determine if it's good or if it sucks.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803096/?ref_=sr_1

Warcraft (2015)

Action | Adventure | Fantasy

Not yet released

(voting begins after release)

An epic fantasy/adventure based on the popular video game series.

Director:
    Duncan Jones
    Writers:
    Charles Leavitt (screenplay), Chris Metzen (story)

The film sounds like it's going to be a mix of live action and CGI although personally I would of preferred a full on CGI purely because of the models used for factions and races as well as the spell effects and detailing etc that is no doubt gonna be in the film, but that's just my own opinion and preference.

From what I've read across different forums so far, it seems the story is gonna be loosely based between the Warcraft 1, 2 and 3 games although as I said this part is highly speculative because it's going on rumors of rumors as to the content of the film.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/20/454...s-at-comic-con

http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/07/24/wh...arcraft-movie/

I been waiting since the project was first announced so I'll probably end up going to see it no matter the reviews rofl. Will be interesting to see what they do with it, I recently watched a title called Dragon Lore which is similar in story to a Warcraft adventure and layout of orcs, elves, humans and dwarfs so I'm hoping they do a lot better then that was haha.

Anyways, think when the time comes it's all gonna be down to individual interpretations, there's always gonna be those who say it should of been better or done in a specific way like I did and there'll be those who'll happily enjoy it for just what it is, Warcraft on the big screen. Only time gonna tell i guess so lets hope they at least give some details at Blizzcon at least

not sure how good it will be but they will need to be very careful when they release it sense 2015 will also have star wars and avengers: age of ultron

I think its rather premature to try to make conjectures on the success of the movie since IIRC the lore base around the movie has not even been released yet. Really, its all based around what point in the warcraft lore timeline they are going to make the movie. If its around the scourge and the rise of Arthas as the lich king then I believe it has a shot. If its around deathwing and the cata arch I do not think it will fair well at all.
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy." -Alexander Tytler

There are so many different storylines to follow, I just hope that they choose to focus on the right one. Hopefully, you guys can back me up here but the central plot deals with the Legion. Similar to the opening of The Hobbit, I think a short but hearty backstory of Alliance and the Horde would fit nicely. The Well of Eternity plot also has a thick body to it ranging from Tyrande/Malfurion/Illidan's love triangle leading to the inclusion of Azshara and Sargeras. In terms of character development, the only rival that Illidan holds is Arthas' transformation into the Lich King. Assuming a trilogy, I can't see the movies portraying the death of Sargeras until we see it in game. And the death of Sargeras can only mean one thing, the conclusion of the World of Warcraft. I've been spilling my thoughts out, but does the movie stamp the expiration date on the game?

Quote Originally Posted by brandox View Post
    There are so many different storylines to follow, I just hope that they choose to focus on the right one. Hopefully, you guys can back me up here but the central plot deals with the Legion. Similar to the opening of The Hobbit, I think a short but hearty backstory of Alliance and the Horde would fit nicely. The Well of Eternity plot also has a thick body to it ranging from Tyrande/Malfurion/Illidan's love triangle leading to the inclusion of Azshara and Sargeras. In terms of character development, the only rival that Illidan holds is Arthas' transformation into the Lich King. Assuming a trilogy, I can't see the movies portraying the death of Sargeras until we see it in game. And the death of Sargeras can only mean one thing, the conclusion of the World of Warcraft. I've been spilling my thoughts out, but does the movie stamp the expiration date on the game?
    I agree with many of your points. I feel the Arthas storyline would prove to be rather powerful and many of the players in WoW would see familiarity with it since that was when WoW got the massive explosion it had. I think that would be a better course of action for this movie since well, Arthas' popularity really does rivals that of Illidans. Besides if they were to show the rise of the lich king and make this into a 3 part Illidan would have a nice role in the beginning of the trilogy if they were to go that way which can then spin off into how Illidan gained control of outland after his defeat at the hands of arthas.
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy." -Alexander Tytler

I believe they should get this guy to make the movie.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

without sam raimi or at least peter jackson as a director i do not see any hope for it.

i mean duncon jones moon was a good and silent movie. But WARcraft is about war and action......they use the wrong director, this can only fail.

And Metzen will bring in something along the lines like "green jesus" for sure -.-
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2013-07-28 at 02:41 PM.

I am thinking it will be average to average/good. I don't see it being bad, but I don't see it blowing our minds either.

Quote Originally Posted by brandox View Post
    I would like to see a "Lord of the Rings-esque" beginning, possibly explaining how the legion was thwarted at the Well of Eternity to ensure the safety of Azeroth for an Age, then going into how they would find other servants to do their bidding and then fade out and in to a collage of some sort with Medivh and Gul'dan.

I'm thinking centering the movie around ancient back story is too distant for most folks and you really can't make it from the future as that can and would impact future expansions.

In my head, the beginning of the First War between Orcs and Men is the place to start. You can throw in some Medivh & Garona for forbidden romance and the possibly even the assassination of King Llane for effect.

Warcraft began as the illegitimate offspring from a union of Tolkien's and Lovecraft's works, and if the writers stay true to that I think a good story will follow.
    Last edited by Ragedaug; 2013-07-28 at 06:03 PM.

I think it would be alot better if they made it in CGI but who knows, it might still be good.

Qarth, the greatest city that ever was or will be
    It's directed by Zowie Bowie. Of course it will be good.
    .: DeviantartRequests: OPEN :.

It might be like the Tekken movie

GOD AWFUL
    PvE is a minigame // Rerolled from affly to spriest after 8 years, thx pandaland changes

I think the sensible thing is to let them make it first.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

I hope its good. I think blizzard is banking on people seeing said movie and then coming back to the game or starting it.

I am really hoping that it turns out to be well received and well made. If it is successful it could really open the floodgates to WoW subs, but if it tanks then I don't see it affecting subs at all. If it is lousy most subs will shrug it off as they should have known better. Would still like to see Sam Raimi produce this, then all the out of work Spartacus actors could make some awesome battle scenes.