Poll: What do you think Warcraft the Movie will be like?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they can manage to have 90% of the orcs without a hunch back, then I'd watch it AND enjoy it.

I'm not paying $ to watch the Hunchbacks of Notre Mmar.

In all seriousness, though. I don't think it'll break the mold, unless all of the writers were the story-board for TBC/WotLK. (It would explain why the story has gone down ab it. I like MoP, but I have to admit that like 40% of the main story is a bit cheesy. Like, Prince Anduin: PI every part and a half of the 5.1 alliance quests. I swear, those Royal Bodyguards must be some of the dumbest people in the world.) And the special effects... I hope they aren't cheesy as f.

So that's all I hope for in this movie: Brilliant script and story. And good special effects for them special moments.

Oh.. and no hunchbacks.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Deleted
    Everything what Blizzard does is a major success but no one will admit it. Didnt Diablo III sold like 15 million times yet its the most hated game ever, just like WoW. But every franchise is a huge succes and so will the movie

Deleted
    the thing that needs to be said is that it is helmed by Duncan Jones. For those of you who are into arbritary numbers, his previous movies (Moon and Source Code) have Rotten Tomatoes scores of 89% and 92% respectively. He is a talented guy who seems to be very into the project. With the sucess of his previous movies he hasent whored himself out trying to pump out as many films as he can for money, perhaps he took up this project because he thinks he can pull it off.

The Warcraft movie wont be good unless it has Jeremy Irons and one of the Wayans brothers as a wacky sidekick

Also it need to have a shit ton of CGI done very very badly

But tbh i dont give a shit about the warcraft movie Im just looking forward to The Asylums knock off version which will prolly be called World of Warfare LOL

IMO the Super mario brothers movie, although a disappointment for many, should be placed among the best movie adaptations, and is just as good as the tomb raider ones. I mean in no way that this is a good movie, but it was decent entertainment in itself, although it was not very connected with the super mario lore. You should set the lower tier to the Uwe Boll's movie adaptations instead. That shit reeks....
    Mother pus bucket!

I hope there's some humour in it... Man of Steel showed us that too much action can be a bad thing so the story must be decent. There's probably some perfect action to story ratio but I'm too lazy to find it out. Game of Thrones is way too much story which is why its quality is dropping. Top moments of last season: Khaleesi killed the slavemasters, that guy chopped off the other 2 guys' head and that wedding. All action, why were the scenes good? Because action is so rare...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Nicolas Cage as Rexxar

Deleted
    I'm hoping it'll be good. At the very least, due to the sheer popularity of WoW and all of the former players, it will get a huge initial reception. Old WoW players will probably want to see the movie of the game that they played for years. Potential new players might see the movie before getting WoW. I mean, I'm wary of movie adaptions due to how they usually end up disappointing, but I'd REALLY like the Warcraft movie to be the exception to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrytie View Post
    Nicolas Cage as Rexxar
    Nicolas Cage as everybody.

Except Varian... who will be Robin Williams.
    Currently playing: Stuff
    YouTube|Hearthstone Decks|Twitter|MyAnimeList

Well, if they approach this like every other terrible thing Blizzard does - they will just offer in-game items for seeing their movie and then it will be a success! Hell, if they are in big trouble they will offer a new mount for seeing their movie and then it will be a blockbuster movie of the year. Just like their terrible card game.

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    It will probably have to follow the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise to even have a chance:

1. Appeal to the female audience - absolute must. Its impossibly hard to have a successful film without a love story or something that will draw women. What made Tomb Raider successful at the box office was that women actually went to see it because they wanted to be Lara Croft / Angelina Jolie. The best move the film could make would be to cast a rising starlet as Jaina Proudmoore. Since Thrall is another major character, you're almost compelled to establish a beauty and the beast romance storyline between them.

Perhaps someone like Chris Hemsworth as Thrall.

The role of Jaina should go to a female teen idol. Someone like Ariana Grande (young girls know her from iCarly) , Debby Ryan (young girls know her from the Disney channel show "The Suite Life on Deck", Jennette McCurdy (iCarly), even Taylor Swift is going to get look here for this role.

Typically,they will throw in a love triangle. Since Thrall is the goody two-shoes, they will pick a badboy character from lore to woo Jaina. A good candidate is Edwin VanCleef. He's your "Jack Sparrow" of WoW lore pretty much.

Ok you set up the romance angle /female teen idol to get women interested. Now for the men who will probably go see this anyway.

2. Fight Choreography - this is what guys like. Guys judge these films on how cool / realistic the fights are. So hiring the right expert to design the fights are next.

3. Now you're down into less important points, like plot subpoints, hiring the rest of the cast.
    It's formulaic over-thinking like this that will completely destroy the movie. The only chance of Warcraft being a big hit is to be original (IMO).
    Last edited by Ragedaug; 2013-07-28 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Blizzard has a lot to work against.

Video movies are considered bad by most nowadays, there really isn't any good live action video based movies out there. I ask you all to name one (it has to be live action).

Considering this premise, and considering world of warcraft is a pretty silly concept to begin with, with a storyline that cuts from other franchises, they are very hard pressed to try and appeal this to the movie going public, which is a completely different creature to the gaming community.
    If you consider the Street Fighter movie good for the accidental hilarity, then that one turned out spectacular!

All in all, I expect the Warcraft movie will have good writing and such, and a good premise...but it won't sell as good as we'd hope. The reason video game movies don't usually make it is because the "genre" doesn't really offer a wide appeal. Some do okay, due to the fact they have guns, babes, or zombies. Most that are a little more serious or linked in with the overall story of the game don't do well. They'd have to dumb it down for people who know nothing of WoW (which would annoy the hardcore fans) or keep it lore-heavy without explaining much (which would confuse people who know nothing about the series).

Who knows? It may be good. I'd like to be an optimist, but this one will be like all the other live-action movies of franchises that are usually animated or video games. Dragonball Evolution, anyone? >.>;
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Lol @ Chris Hemsworth as Thrall. Gosh... Cannot unsee. Also, the guy playing Varian (or supposedly one badass human) has been trained in arms by the same man who trained Christian Bale for The Dark Knight.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's gonna be like Hobbit or LOTR. Can't be bad!

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

I haven't seen anything yet, like a few others have, so I have no idea what it'll be like. But I do think it'll be good enough and that they're putting a good chunk of effort into it. Because:
    Director Uwe Boll contacted Blizzard about directing the film, but Blizzard refused. As quoted by MTV news Uwe Boll stated: "I got in contact with Paul Sams of Blizzard, and he said, 'We will not sell the movie rights, not to you... especially not to you. Because it's such a big online game success, maybe a bad movie would destroy that ongoing income, what the company has with it."
    Source: IMDb

Quote Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
    I haven't seen anything yet, like a few others have, so I have no idea what it'll be like. But I do think it'll be good enough and that they're putting a good chunk of effort into it. Because:

Source: IMDb
    Ouch. At least Blizzard has standards, though.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Ever since I found out it wasn't going to be fully animated (Like the expansion intros) my expectations have dropped a lot. I won't be massively dissappointed if it isnt the best movie ever, so it can only go up.

Deleted
    It will be a Uwe Boll -esque B-class movie in vein of the games.
    Last edited by mmoc560053bb87; 2013-07-28 at 01:44 PM.

@OP

The word is "fare", not "fair".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    I don't even know who's acting in it of who's directing / writing the scrip for it.
    Those choices will determine if it's good or if it sucks.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803096/?ref_=sr_1

Warcraft (2015)

Action | Adventure | Fantasy

Not yet released

(voting begins after release)

An epic fantasy/adventure based on the popular video game series.

Director:
    Duncan Jones
    Writers:
    Charles Leavitt (screenplay), Chris Metzen (story)

The film sounds like it's going to be a mix of live action and CGI although personally I would of preferred a full on CGI purely because of the models used for factions and races as well as the spell effects and detailing etc that is no doubt gonna be in the film, but that's just my own opinion and preference.

From what I've read across different forums so far, it seems the story is gonna be loosely based between the Warcraft 1, 2 and 3 games although as I said this part is highly speculative because it's going on rumors of rumors as to the content of the film.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/20/454...s-at-comic-con

http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/07/24/wh...arcraft-movie/

I been waiting since the project was first announced so I'll probably end up going to see it no matter the reviews rofl. Will be interesting to see what they do with it, I recently watched a title called Dragon Lore which is similar in story to a Warcraft adventure and layout of orcs, elves, humans and dwarfs so I'm hoping they do a lot better then that was haha.

Anyways, think when the time comes it's all gonna be down to individual interpretations, there's always gonna be those who say it should of been better or done in a specific way like I did and there'll be those who'll happily enjoy it for just what it is, Warcraft on the big screen. Only time gonna tell i guess so lets hope they at least give some details at Blizzcon at least