Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #61
    Gonna miss his blogs : (. Would be cool if someone else could pick up the mantle, would be a shame for WHU to just go away, especially now with the state hunters are in, we need all the representation we can get.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by VDeadMonkeyV View Post
    I can't remember if he was speaking about hunters in general being OP or an ability. He was saying Hunters should be nerfed....and BOOM Hunters got nerfed.
    It's probably down to coincidence but hey...you never know.
    I disagree.... I think he was just smart enough to see and know that if we are OP, then Blizzard is just going to bring the nerf bat down even harder than they would if the hunter community is honest and actually asks for a small nerf early on.

  3. #63
    noooo frostheim come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Rackfu View Post
    I disagree.... I think he was just smart enough to see and know that if we are OP, then Blizzard is just going to bring the nerf bat down even harder than they would if the hunter community is honest and actually asks for a small nerf early on.
    Frostheim, for as much good as he did for the newbie Hunters, was a rabid MM fanboy as well. Anytime Marks wasn't the top spec, he cried foul. When Survival was on top of the pile due to high base damage in 4.0.3, he made a pretty whiny post about why it needed to be nerfed, even though the spec scaled for crap and all sims were showing Marks as killing it by heroic T11 gear.

    But the spec still got completely gutted immediately after and was left trash until Dragon Soul.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2013-07-31 at 06:54 AM.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    You're thinking of BRK, most probably.
    Oh.....yeah....I thought there was a good chance I was thinking of something else since nobody else brought it up, but I decided to post anyway (yolo).
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    Frostheim, for as much good as he did for the newbie Hunters, was a rabid MM fanboy as well. Anytime Marks wasn't the top spec, he cried foul. When Survival was on top of the pile due to high base damage in 4.0.3, he made a pretty whiny post about why it needed to be nerfed, even though the spec scaled for crap and all sims were showing Marks as killing it by heroic T11 gear.

    But the spec still got completely gutted immediately after and was left trash until Dragon Soul.
    thats wat i mean im happy dat hes retirin'
    http://s8.postimg.org/4ealr006d/f10703922.jpg

    ^- someone know her? pm me :<

  7. #67
    Sad to see him go. Loved (still love WHU).

  8. #68
    Thank God he is gone, he was the single worst person to get correct information from for hunters period. The fact that he was somewhat famous (notorious) just made it worse. He endeared himself to hunters all over that took his word for gospel because he did cool videos and events.

    Call for SV nerfs so his beloved MM could shine. Notice several talented raiders arguing with him.
    Direct quote from the tool"

    Now that I’ve spent a lot more time running through heroics, and with more people, I feel like I have a bit better grasp on where SV is at. I still think that SV’s dps feels too high
    http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/...t-state-of-sv/

    Defends his call for nerfs to the point of arguing with raiders that what they were seeing and what ever number said was a lie (while only doing 5 man heroics)... seriously?
    http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/...conversations/

    Discussion on his idiocy, you can see his rabid FB's trying to run amok.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-anymore/page2

    Bullet sums it up nicely:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...2645201?page=3

    Ya, I am glad he is gone. Now maybe someone over at WHU who actually has set foot inside something besides a 5 man this decade can post.
    Last edited by Larry01; 2013-08-04 at 02:13 PM.

  9. #69
    I really don't see how people perceive Frost as being a rabid fanboy of any spec. He didn't care which spec was on top, and simply played the one that allowed him to do the most DPS. He did poke fun at die-hard BM fans a bit, especially after they lashed out at him when he tried to support BM as a spec, though.

    It's equally astonishing how people point to him as being the cause for nerfs. He looked at data, confirmed by other theorycrafters, and stated (a couple times) that a particular spec was performing above median. He then forecasted a nerf. Anyone else looking at the numbers from the standpoint of "everyone should be within [X]% of the median" could've called that, but he's the one with a popular blog so he's the one who gets crucified when it actually happens.

    To those trying to cry foul at his recommendations: you don't need to be a bleeding-edge progression guild to do the math and tell semi-casual hunters what the results look like. All of his suggestions, based on actual math, were backed up by other well-respected theorycrafters. Frost always relied on numbers, except when making his personal choice for Dwarves and Guns. He didn't skew his advice to others, but there was always the sarcastic flavor of his "voice".

  10. #70
    If you think Blizzard nerfed SV in 4.0 because of Frost's posts or that they wouldn't have noticed anything but for his posts, you're an idiot.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    If you think Blizzard nerfed SV in 4.0 because of Frost's posts or that they wouldn't have noticed anything but for his posts, you're an idiot.
    ^- omg infract inc

    back to topic... if u would have read it... u'd think da same way. if not then i can assume that ur 1. fanboi 2. didn't play hunter very long 3. u dont know him.
    http://s8.postimg.org/4ealr006d/f10703922.jpg

    ^- someone know her? pm me :<

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkets View Post
    ^- omg infract inc

    back to topic... if u would have read it... u'd think da same way. if not then i can assume that ur 1. fanboi 2. didn't play hunter very long 3. u dont know him.
    I read WHU at the time ( I leveled a hunter in Wrath). My point, child, is that if you think blizzard changes classes because of what a blogger says... well, see previous post.

    Now, go study English. And typing.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Taira View Post
    I really don't see how people perceive Frost as being a rabid fanboy of any spec. He didn't care which spec was on top, and simply played the one that allowed him to do the most DPS. He did poke fun at die-hard BM fans a bit, especially after they lashed out at him when he tried to support BM as a spec, though.

    It's equally astonishing how people point to him as being the cause for nerfs. He looked at data, confirmed by other theorycrafters, and stated (a couple times) that a particular spec was performing above median. He then forecasted a nerf. Anyone else looking at the numbers from the standpoint of "everyone should be within [X]% of the median" could've called that, but he's the one with a popular blog so he's the one who gets crucified when it actually happens.

    To those trying to cry foul at his recommendations: you don't need to be a bleeding-edge progression guild to do the math and tell semi-casual hunters what the results look like. All of his suggestions, based on actual math, were backed up by other well-respected theorycrafters. Frost always relied on numbers, except when making his personal choice for Dwarves and Guns. He didn't skew his advice to others, but there was always the sarcastic flavor of his "voice".
    well no.. IF he would have back it up in number he would have seen dat scallin issue instead he runs some 5 man heroics - lol wut - gear change everything and encounter specific mechanics too.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I read WHU at the time ( I leveled a hunter in Wrath). My point, child, is that if you think blizzard changes classes because of what a blogger says... well, see previous post.

    Now, go study English. And typing.
    nope :> me got attention.
    http://s8.postimg.org/4ealr006d/f10703922.jpg

    ^- someone know her? pm me :<

  14. #74
    I've always wanted to take part in those massive lvl 1 hunter raids that he occasionally used to do

  15. #75
    He was an ok resource at times. I took a lot of his info with a grain of salt simply because he was a huge MM fan. SV he seemed to hate, and thought BM was pointless. He would "occasionally" give incorrect data to the community, and if/when he saw comments that stated the issue he would delete them and repost "correct" info. To each their own imo. He did do a lot of "good" for the community I guess. I always prefered to look up Kripp back in the day for legit raiding info. Everything runs its course. It is/was just Frost's time to call it done at the moment. Good luck to him in w/e he does. When its all said and done this is just a game .

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkets View Post
    well no.. IF he would have back it up in number he would have seen dat scallin issue instead he runs some 5 man heroics - lol wut - gear change everything and encounter specific mechanics too.
    I don't know where you get the idea that everything he said was based off 5-mans. There's a very long post about parsing WoL data and charting the results. Either you're in line for a promotion aboard the USS Oblivious, or you simply aren't taking all of the facts into consideration.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Taira View Post
    I don't know where you get the idea that everything he said was based off 5-mans. There's a very long post about parsing WoL data and charting the results. Either you're in line for a promotion aboard the USS Oblivious, or you simply aren't taking all of the facts into consideration.
    When he was charting the data, it was primarily Magmaw and Halfus parses and when everyone was in ilvl 346 blues where Survival was ridiculously strong due to high base damage but absolutely zero scaling.

    Frost didn't single handedly nerf anything. But he used a lot of bad theorycraft and early parse data, despite simulations showing how bad Surv scales and how every week Survival was dropping, to draw attention to a nonexistent issue while he QQed as the rabid Marksmanship fanboy that he was. During the Cata beta and early Cataclysm, his posts were basically whining about how Marks wasn't on top. Then any time someone posted correct data with simulations or showing charts with Survival's downward scaling, he would delete their information from his comments and/or use the information and claim it as his own if there was a tidbit that suit his cause.

    Frostheim's site was great for the newbie Hunter but his attempts to try to dictate class balance were laughable due to the amount of bad information he used on a regular basis. His site should have aimed primarily at the basics of Hunters, soloing, etc as a central hub for the new guy to pick up all the information he needed. But he went on a kick of trying to turn it into the Elitist Jerks website but without the theorycraft ability the posters over at Elitist Jerks had and made himself be a laughing stock for the bulk of the expansion.

  18. #78
    It's equally astonishing how people point to him as being the cause for nerfs
    I do not think he caused the nerfs, but he sure helped a ton to skew the data and advocated a nerf when actually a buff was needed, thereby gutting, yes gutting an entire spec.
    You can think what you want but less than 6 months later he was given a item in game with his name... that shit doesn't happen to just some every day Joe. In fact its happened like 4 or 5 times I think in the entire 10 year history of WoW... ya right, he had nothing to do with the nerfs.

    By the way if you believe that one I own a bridge down in Florida I will sell you... cheap, I promise I own it!

    /facepalm

  19. #79
    When i started playing hunter i red alot of frostheims blogs and found them really useful, later on i even liked reading about the soloing stuff.
    I think it was just when hunters got expertise (i think it was the pre-cata patch?) when frostheim said that hunters should now always shoot the boss in the back and never from the front. That was when i pretty much stopped taking his information seriously :P
    But i really liked the music videos he made!

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Thopp View Post
    When i started playing hunter i red alot of frostheims blogs and found them really useful, later on i even liked reading about the soloing stuff.
    I think it was just when hunters got expertise (i think it was the pre-cata patch?) when frostheim said that hunters should now always shoot the boss in the back and never from the front. That was when i pretty much stopped taking his information seriously :P
    But i really liked the music videos he made!
    he always said somthing retarded like that. as a hunter you always wanted to hit from the back either way, at least you dont get block from the front now and expertise dosnt reduce the chance to get blocked either way.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •