Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Do you think they gave up on virtual realms for 5.4?

It's been a very long time since virtual realms was announced. Since the announcement we have gotten no new information. They say they will give us tons in a blog post coming up. I've been waiting (since something on mmo-champ mentioned possible cross realm heirlooms) for more information, yet its still not here. Im not expert, but I don't think it would take all that long to quickly type of 5-6 paragraphs of what the heck is this information. Im starting to think they took on one to many big projects for 5.4 and maybe virtual realms fell behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    It's been a very long time since virtual realms was announced. Since the announcement we have gotten no new information. They say they will give us tons in a blog post coming up. I've been waiting (since something on mmo-champ mentioned possible cross realm heirlooms) for more information, yet its still not here. Im not expert, but I don't think it would take all that long to quickly type of 5-6 paragraphs of what the heck is this information. Im starting to think they took on one to many big projects for 5.4 and maybe virtual realms fell behind.
    I hope not, they need it now more than ever it's one of the main things that will get me to re-sub to the game.

Last time they mentioned about Virtual Realms was 3 weeks ago. That does not warrant theories that it's canceled.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

It's been the PTR for a bit now. Looks like it's a lock for 5.4
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Yeah the lack of info is kind of odd. And I totally forgot about V-Realms when I put together my estimation of when 5.4 would drop. Since I doubt they're testing it on PTR that's just another thing they will have to test and test along with the 4 raid difficulties for SoO and all the Timeless Isle stuff. Heck... maybe they will push V-Realm back and that's what will cause the 5.5 patch. It's definitely one of those major things they have to get ironed out and I don't think they could just stick it in with a new xpac as launch day material.

yeah I really hope they haven't either but the fact they haven't made any announcements about what realms wil be linked, what limitations there will be... will you be able to mail to other virtual realms? things like that. the game really needs this though

10+ Year Old Account
    If you think they'll give up on further forcing CRZ down our throats, you'd be mistaken. Given a certain Mod's locked all talk on it, I suspect someone wants it still and it will probably be rammed through heedless of outcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virtual realms have been in testing on the ptr since day 1. Thats what caused the few days of instability and phasing in and out npcs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vorhn View Post
    If you think they'll give up on further forcing CRZ down our throats, you'd be mistaken. Given a certain Mod's locked all talk on it, I suspect someone wants it still and it will probably be rammed through heedless of outcome.
    Explain to me how virtual realms is a bad thing. While you are at it explain how xrealm zones are even a bad thing. You are mad because you cant abuse low pop servers anymore. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    It's been the PTR for a bit now. Looks like it's a lock for 5.4
    Are you sire that's Virtual realms and not Cross realm zones you are seeing? Can you mail items across virtual realm borders?

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Last time they mentioned about Virtual Realms was 3 weeks ago. That does not warrant theories that it's canceled.
    Look at it this way. Timeless isle has been know about for a much shorter period of time, but we already know more about it then virtual realms. The only thing we know about virtual realms so far is that it merges a group of servers together. Then everything on those servers is shared. I just think they are possibly holding out until they know if its going in or not for sure.

Look at it this way. Timeless isle has been know about for a much shorter period of time, but we already know more about it then virtual realms. The only thing we know about virtual realms so far is that it merges a group of servers together. Then everything on those servers is shared. I just think they are possibly holding out until they know if its going in or not for sure.
    And Virtual Realm has been on the PTR a lot longer than the Timeless Isle. Stop jumping to conclusions over nothing.

I realize that it has been on the PTR for some time now, but they have not talked about it.

As in:

1) What realms will be affected
    2) What it affects -- can we trade items and gold across realms?

And Virtual Realm has been on the PTR a lot longer than the Timeless Isle. Stop jumping to conclusions over nothing.
    Im not "jumping to conclusions". I am wandering. Jumping to conclusions would be me saying "guyz! its for sure cancled!". The point remains the same. Timeless isle has been out for a shorter time period then virtual realms, but we still know next to nothing about how it will work on the live realms.

Im not "jumping to conclusions". I am wandering. Jumping to conclusions would be me saying "guyz! its for sure cancled!". The point remains the same. Timeless isle has been out for a shorter time period then virtual realms, but we still know next to nothing about how it will work on the live realms.
    "
    Virtual Realms are sets of realms that are fused together, and will behave exactly as if they were one cohesive realm. Players on the same Virtual Realm will be able to join guilds, access a single Auction House, join arena teams and raids, as well run dungeons or group up to complete quests.
    Players belonging to the same Virtual Realm will have a (#) symbol next to their name."
    What else is there to say?

"
    Virtual Realms are sets of realms that are fused together, and will behave exactly as if they were one cohesive realm. Players on the same Virtual Realm will be able to join guilds, access a single Auction House, join arena teams and raids, as well run dungeons or group up to complete quests.
    Players belonging to the same Virtual Realm will have a (#) symbol next to their name."
    What else is there to say?
    Can you trade gold or Items?
    Can you mail between other characters who are in the same group?
    Which realms will be chosen for the grouping?
    How do they plan to ensure it doesn't end up as a lag fest?
    How will virtual realms effect each zone? Will it just over ride CRZ?
    Will they be looking at horde / alliance ratios?
    Will the combine PvE realms with PvP realms? If so will they still be flagged for PvP or not?

I hope they're still doing it. I was relying on that a little bit for somethings I was planning on doing in 5.4.

Are you sire that's Virtual realms and not Cross realm zones you are seeing? Can you mail items across virtual realm borders?
    It's VR; I'm seeing people from different realms in Shrine and Org, which are not CRZ areas.

I haven't tried sending things across realms.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I hope not, they need it now more than ever it's one of the main things that will get me to re-sub to the game.
    same here that would go Very well with the flex system on low/dead realm.
    Flex system with no realm merge(virtual community) would be useless on dead/low realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yes you can trade. Mailing is an interesting question because we're not sure how duplicate names are to be dealt with.
    CRZ will still be in effect, it's designed to help populate underpopulated zones. Doesn't matter how many people are on your realm.
    Number of realms for the grouping will depend on populations of said realms.
    PVE and PVP will remain independent.
    Horde and Alliance ratios will be looked at and, if at all possible, balanced. These last two will go into deciding which realms get grouped with which.

If you want to know about upcoming features the best way to find out is to head over to the PTR. You'll usually be able to answer all of these things for yourself, at least to a degree, if you get on there and play around.
    Why would CRZ still be in effect? That would only serve to make things harder. With underpopulated realms merged with higher pop realms, the need for crz should go away.
    The mailing still needs to be detailed. You say yes, but are not sure how duplicate names are to be dealt with. Thats a big thing that needs to be told.
    I already could guess the number depends on the population. That doesn't tell us which ones thoug. Aka moonrunner with a high horde / low alliance one. Or if more then two realms are going together.
    Im still not sure about the PvE and PvP one. It may work out that they have no other choice but to merge a PvE with a PvP. That will certainly be something they run into.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would CRZ still be in effect? That would only serve to make things harder. With underpopulated realms merged with higher pop realms, the need for crz should go away.
    The mailing still needs to be detailed. You say yes, but are not sure how duplicate names are to be dealt with. Thats a big thing that needs to be told.
    I already could guess the number depends on the population. That doesn't tell us which ones thoug. Aka moonrunner with a high horde / low alliance one. Or if more then two realms are going together.
    Im still not sure about the PvE and PvP one. It may work out that they have no other choice but to merge a PvE with a PvP. That will certainly be something they run into.
    the thing is, you are asking questions that they just are not ready to answer yet. they dont have the luxury of testing this to its fullest potential. the ptr only has what.. 4 realms? we had the same concerns with CRZ in the beta. people were so worried about being stuck and flagged for pvp when they chose a pve server. not realizing that these BETA issues, were a result only of the limited amount a servers to test with.

they have to make sure the technical side (programming) works as smooth as possible.. the picking and choosing realms? yah thats the easy part that can be done in a day by an intern.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    the thing is, you are asking questions that they just are not ready to answer yet. they dont have the luxury of testing this to its fullest potential. the ptr only has what.. 4 realms? we had the same concerns with CRZ in the beta. people were so worried about being stuck and flagged for pvp when they chose a pve server. not realizing that these BETA issues, were a result only of the limited amount a servers to test with.

they have to make sure the technical side (programming) works as smooth as possible.. the picking and choosing realms? yah thats the easy part that can be done in a day by an intern.
    Its their feature. Im sure they know exactly how they intend for it to work. These are examples of what information we want, that they haven't given yet. There are limitations to having only four realms to test with. However, they wont put the feature up and then all of the suddenly know these details. These are details they either will, or will not plan to have added with virtual realms. I, and many others, simply want to know how they Intend for it to work. What all they intended for virtual realms to be capable of. I imagine the picking of the realms would be the hardest part. They can only match High horde low alliance with a High alliance low horde realm. Well, that is what we assume anyway.