Making a druid, I have a few questions

I am going to be making a druid shortly in order to level as a tank in dungeons with a friend (Discipline Priest) I will also be doing every quest and every bit of content that I can do along the way.

I can't decide between Worgen and a Night Elf, Since I will be primarily tanking I am leaning towards a Night Elf for the extra 2% to dodge, I will be going fully heirloomed as I have alot of JP spread about over characters.

1. Is Guardian druid worth me choosing from level 10 or can I get away with Feral (cat) for Dungeons
    2. How are druids at soloing 'old content' example: Vanilla and TBC and Wrath raids?

Quote Originally Posted by agli View Post
    I am going to be making a druid shortly in order to level as a tank in dungeons with a friend (Discipline Priest) I will also be doing every quest and every bit of content that I can do along the way.

I can't decide between Worgen and a Night Elf, Since I will be primarily tanking I am leaning towards a Night Elf for the extra 2% to dodge, I will be going fully heirloomed as I have alot of JP spread about over characters.

1. Is Guardian druid worth me choosing from level 10 or can I get away with Feral (cat) for Dungeons
    2. How are druids at soloing 'old content' example: Vanilla and TBC and Wrath raids?
    Either Worgen or Night Elf is fine. The Nelf's dodge bonus is technically more valuable (because it takes more stats to replace 2% Dodge on your gear), but Worgens get a bonus to Crit which is our best stat. The world's first 10HC Lei Shen kill included a Worgen Guardian Druid. There's nothing wrong with either choice.

If you are in Feral spec and running dungeons in bear form, you will do less damage and be harder to heal than if you were in Guardian spec, so it's not advisable. If you queue with a tank and healer, you will get instant queues all the way to 90, so pick what you want - either quest together and kill things as 2 DPS, or dungeon together and chain pull your way to success.

The crit from being a Worgen is useful across all specs, whereas the dodge less so. In PvE anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Themessiah View Post
    The crit from being a Worgen is useful across all specs, whereas the dodge less so. In PvE anyway.
    True - if you think there's even the smallest chance you might play Balance, then the extra Crit is a godsend.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarazet View Post
    Either Worgen or Night Elf is fine. The Nelf's dodge bonus is technically more valuable (because it takes more stats to replace 2% Dodge on your gear), but Worgens get a bonus to Crit which is our best stat. The world's first 10HC Lei Shen kill included a Worgen Guardian Druid. There's nothing wrong with either choice.

If you are in Feral spec and running dungeons in bear form, you will do less damage and be harder to heal than if you were in Guardian spec, so it's not advisable. If you queue with a tank and healer, you will get instant queues all the way to 90, so pick what you want - either quest together and kill things as 2 DPS, or dungeon together and chain pull your way to success.
    ...? Paragons horde.

However point is Worgen gives 1% crit. I'd go Worgen all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Liax View Post
    ...? Paragons horde.

However point is Worgen gives 1% crit. I'd go Worgen all the way.
    My mistake. I saw the all black kit and derped out. He's a Troll.

Deleted
    I was playing a night elf druid before I transfered to Horde and I made a race change to Worgen at the beginning of Cataclysm. I can say that Worgen definitely look cooler, have the better-looking cat form and especially bear form. The flight form is much more "feral" (but the night elf looks cleaner). Apart from that, Worgen have an epic starting zone (lets face it, Dolanaar isn't THAT interesting) and a really cool questline. You also get to share worgen/human form so you have double the dances and emotes and a witty-sounding accent. Darkflight also shouldn't be ignored, I have had a fair amount of trouble to getting used to not having it now as a troll (more-so than the lack of Shadowmeld when changing to Worgen).

Worgen all the way! Also, the Worgen crit at the moment is the most versatile PvE bonus if you're looking to min/max. It's better than the dodge from Night Elves for tanking, since crit is our best-scaling active mitigation stat at the moment.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    definitely worgen, especially if you're goign LW/skin...the faster skin + skin bonus + not needing a skinning knife is awesome