Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1
    Blademaster Ansi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Argent Dawn EU
    Posts
    46

    New 5.4 glyph transmogs legendary weapons

    Update: As of latest PTR build the glyph no longer works with legendaries

    While it is unsure whether it'll stay this way, I find it incredibly cool to allow warriors only to 'transmog' legendary weapons with this new glyph. Wowhead confirms it works with legendaries in their latest news.

    Glyph of the Weaponmaster
    Item Level 25
    Minor Glyph
    Classes: Warrior
    Use: Permanently teaches you this glyph.

    Your Shout abilities cause the appearance of your weapon to change to that of a random weapon from your primary bag for 10 min.
    Requires Level 25
    Max Stack: 20
    Sell Price: 1
    According to user Thorios of Wowhead, it works like this:

    • Works for Legendaries;
    • For DW, one shout transforms 2 weapons at the same time if you have 2 or more weapons on the back pack, but it's not possible to transform 2 weapons into the same model (like your both weapons into Thunderfury);
    • 1h weapon turns into 2h and vice-versa;
    • Works for ranged weapons (1h and 2h INTO Ranged);
    • Works for grey weapons;
    • The buff lasts 10 minutes;
    • The weapon sheath remains the same (if the weapon is holded on the waist, it'll remain there, just as it will for the back);
    • Weapon enchants are not transferred nor retained.
    It will definitely make other classes jealous. It is still PTR(!) - but do you think it should work with legendaries?
    Last edited by Ansi; 2013-07-31 at 08:09 AM.

  2. #2
    No, it shouldn't work with legendaries. At the very least, it should not work with glaives.

    The ranged part sounds positively unintended.

  3. #3
    Ah thanks I was wondering if the glypth works with legendaries and ranged weapons.

    Always wanted my warrior to have a bow, atleast for the visuals hehe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    No, it shouldn't work with legendaries. At the very least, it should not work with glaives.

    The ranged part sounds positively unintended.

    Probably.
    But if they limitate the glyph then it has no intention at all since then we could just mog our weapon anyway.
    Also I have no issue with Warriros being the only class to be able to "mog" legendary weapons to have a feel of uniqueness again compared to other 2hand melee classes we lost everythings special and cool.

    Even our attacks don't look very interesting.
    Last edited by Talime; 2013-07-28 at 07:56 AM.

  4. #4
    /popcorn

    the QQ storm for this if it goes live will be a Category 5 Butt-Hurticane.

    And my warrior is lvl 37 with no legendaries, so I have no dog in this fight.

    I'm just imagining the forum staff seeing this and wanting to plan their "flu" around that time.

  5. #5
    Warriors have a glaring problem with being "flashy". Simply put, this is the solution Blizzard came out with, so fuck other classes. Go buy some pony helms or something.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    No, it shouldn't work with legendaries. At the very least, it should not work with glaives.
    Because.... ??? I really like it, give us something unique - why not?

    The most interesting question was: "Would it work with glaives and a shield?" Sadly it doesn't

    I'll have to think about a race change just for that glyph, Sulfuras & Shadowmourne won't look impressive enough on a panda and Thunderfury sticks into the ground.

    Ps: luckily special weapon effects are not copied as well, TF's tornadoes were always annoying

  7. #7
    This sounds awesome, lets warrior have something unique again.. Hope this stays.

    wep effects not being copied ? Smourne effects looks awesome

  8. #8
    Please let this stay. Don't let my shadowmourne gather dust any longer.

  9. #9
    The Lightbringer Valarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wails
    Posts
    3,777
    Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    Because.... ??? I really like it, give us something unique - why not?
    It's not unique if every Warrior does it (and they will). The reason legendaries shouldn't get transmogged is because every dolt thinks they'll be a unique snowflake using the Thunderfury/Smourne they farmed up at level 85/90.

    It sounds like there's a couple of unintended things in there (ranged weapons as a melee weapon for example) so who knows if this will stay. I wouldn't get too excited yet.
    Steam: dartagnus or Valarius | GW2: Valarius.9437 | WoW: Valarius#2649
    Let's play!

  10. #10
    Epic! -Skye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, UK.
    Posts
    1,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    It's not unique if every Warrior does it (and they will). The reason legendaries shouldn't get transmogged is because every dolt thinks they'll be a unique snowflake using the Thunderfury/Smourne they farmed up at level 85/90.

    It sounds like there's a couple of unintended things in there (ranged weapons as a melee weapon for example) so who knows if this will stay. I wouldn't get too excited yet.
    Then everyone will use it for a while and realize hey it's nothing that special and pick something else. A lot of people thought that most paladins would use the judgement set. When xmog was released I seen TONS of palas using it, then after a while people changed it, it's been months since I've seen a complete judgement set. That's only one example, they'd be a fad. Lots of people would use it then change to something else after a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Nah, I disagree with your elitist mentality.
    Tier gear should be available during the leveling process. I don't want to have to mingle with these eltitist jerks in LFR to get gear as it is. I pay a sub fee, I shouldn't have to do LFR to get raid gear, much less Flex or Normal.

  11. #11
    Tested yesterday, does not work with legendaries. (Thunderfury, shadowmourne, glaives, and sulfuras in my bags)

  12. #12
    The thing is, it will take a while to get something like dual glaives. Sure there are some people with them. But not a lot of people. It would take a few months until you saw the majority of warriors with one glaive, let alone both.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaige View Post
    Tested yesterday, does not work with legendaries. (Thunderfury, shadowmourne, glaives, and sulfuras in my bags)
    Tested it two hours ago, did you read the tooltip carefule and put your weapons in your main (16-slot) bag?

    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    The thing is, it will take a while to get something like dual glaives. Sure there are some people with them. But not a lot of people. It would take a few months until you saw the majority of warriors with one glaive, let alone both.
    Yeah it's not like Glaives haven't farmed for what, 5-6 years?

  14. #14
    Tried with glaives and mourne in bags. It took 1 glaive, 1 min later it took the other 1. Put glaives in bank and shouted again with shadowmourne only but it didn't work.

    Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    Tested it an hour ago, did you read the tooltip carefully and put your weapons in your main (16-slot) bag?
    Never mind.

    Also, it isn't even the point that there will be a certain quantity of them visible that blizzard does not want. Their whole argument is "this is special, it shouldn't be every where" Yet thats the exact same argument they use when they implemented challenge mode gear. Any slack jawed idiot who can play the AH has bought a challenge mode boost. Any decent player with 4 other decent players as friends or guildies has done them by now. Why give us a double standard of "you can show off this rare thing, but not this rare thing" "you can feel proud about your CM gear, but not your thunderfury" Makes no sense, at all.
    Last edited by Leeches; 2013-07-28 at 02:54 PM.

  15. #15
    Hmm.. a reason for me to get legendary`s on my warr, allright blizz so we are doing this then?! Loljk the glyph is really cool and i welcome it

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    Tested it two hours ago, did you read the tooltip carefule and put your weapons in your main (16-slot) bag?


    Yeah it's not like Glaives haven't farmed for what, 5-6 years?
    And with that, do the majority, or even close to the majority of warriors have a glaive?

  17. #17
    The Lightbringer Firebane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In a Bordeaux vineyard
    Posts
    3,929
    Doesn't seem intended, and certainly shouldn't be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I'm just being a smart ass at this point.

  18. #18
    Herald of the Titans inboundpaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Close to San Fransisco, CA
    Posts
    2,803
    I'm gonna pvp some faces off with thunderfury!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Sadly, with those actors... the "XXX Adaptation" should really be called 50 shades of watch a different porno.
    Beggars
    Destiny

  19. #19
    Forgot to post it when I uploaded it (and it's good because I screwed up the original and re-did it today). Here's a video for the Weaponmaster and Impactful Throws glyphs.


  20. #20
    I don't care if anyone else uses it. Thunderfury was in my main hand well into Burning Crusade, it's past time for me to use it again (kinda sad there won't be any tornadoes this time, but I still can't wait to kill Garrosh with my oldest weapon).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •