[WW] PVE stat discrepancy pre- roro

Dont have roro yet, ilevel is 507.

Been trying to figure out stat prio and gemming and seeing multiple sources with different stats. Ive seen stack haste, stack haste till 5-7k then mastery, crit>haste>mastery. E&J states haste>crit>mastery.

My current sim shows 1.62 haste, 1.56 crit, 1.22 mastery

My question is: for raiding should i follow the sim which assumes perfect play or is there a better, more realistic stat weight i should use.

Also for red and yellow sockets should i gem pure stats, secondary stats, or hybrid?

Thanks

In the same boat here. I go pure agility for red, agil crit for yellow and agil hit for blue.

100k-130k dps
    I'M A DRAENEI THIS EXPAC APPARENTLY
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    You know what happened when i started playing in TBC in 2.1 and rolled ret as my first char? Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret You know what i was saying in a few months? Lol hows kara? Then I cleared BT/SW while they followed behind me sniffing my gloriously rosey turds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drknife View Post
    In the same boat here. I go pure agility for red, agil crit for yellow and agil hit for blue.

100k-130k dps
    In all honesty, this is the right way to go. If you don't have RoRO or you never get it even after 5.4 hits; just go this route. Agi > Haste to what feels comfortable (most say 6776 Haste rating with Ascension talent but ~9300 max) > Crit > Mastery. There is talk of a soft cap in 5.4 for mastery but for now it's not needed.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2013-07-29 at 12:28 AM.

9350 is the actual maximum, and it isn't too hard to get the benefit out of this. Take a look at your Sim, and the energy gains/expenditures. You'll notice for the first part of the fight the graph goes nuts and caps a couple of times, but soon smooths out. Basically, how this works out is for the first 15-30 seconds, you might have trouble with energy capping, but for the rest of the fight, you'll have the full benefit of all that Haste. During that early phase, get FoF and even Energizing Brew on CD (yes you can do it and still get good benefits). This also (somewhat) mitigates the whole "WW does crap DPS on the pull" issue. From that point on, just do your normal rotation and watch as you beat your old numbers. Nudging the energy cap once or twice at the start of the fight just isn't that big of a deal (we aren't Rogues).

Haste to 9350 > Crit > Mastery.
    Last edited by Felade; 2013-07-29 at 05:37 AM.

I do Haste to 7000 > Crit > Mastery.

With Ascension,Tier15 2-piece energy Orbs and energizing brew, I pretty much never run out of energy.

Do around 110-125k DPS at Ilvl 506 without RoRo.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Before I got my RoR, i did haste about 6kish and then just full crit. iirc my crit was around 12k or so. Dps was pretty solid back then, if it wasnt for the insane dps i get from ror id go back to a crit build in a heart beat, might even do it in 5.4 depending how all the nerfs turn out

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oddmole View Post
    Been trying to figure out stat prio and gemming and seeing multiple sources with different stats. Ive seen stack haste, stack haste till 5-7k then mastery, crit>haste>mastery. E&J states haste>crit>mastery.

My current sim shows 1.62 haste, 1.56 crit, 1.22 mastery
    I'm quite sure that the EJ guide states to stack haste until you are comfortable. In current tier, most are comfortable at around 7K haste.

Stacking mastery prior to crit was flawed logic. Sims and logs have shown that crit is still stronger than mastery in current tier.

Keep in mind that your benefit from haste goes beyond energy regeneration.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what I have been doing all along and it works quite well. Agi > Haste (I am sitting at around 8.8k and also have Ascension) > Crit (36% with my Buffs) > Mastery (2.48% I believe is what I am at). I pull 105k-135k on most fights.

But I must be honest I have been learning towards Orange gems = Agi/Haste instead of Agi/Crit. I am a Haste whore. >.<

Edit: Oh yeah and I am 508 iLevel, if that matters.

Edit: For fun I even tried out the same priority with my RoRo, needless to say.. I had alot of Haste, haha. It tends to work out well actually too (in LFR), if you pay attention. No real need for Ascension either, but I kept it anyways. =P
    Last edited by Cereal Killer; 2013-07-31 at 05:51 PM.
    "Happiness is finding two olives in your martini when you’re hungry." ~Frank Sinatra