The Future of the Vale (spoilers)

So, a bit ago I did some digging around and saw some quests I hadn't seen anyone talking about.

I've done some more digging around and found: one, two, three

Looks like my prediction re: the Vale's future that I made in the above-linked thread is correct. I mean, those spell tooltips are still pretty vague, but, c'mon ... between that quest text and these tooltips, it's pretty obvious what's happening.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

So pandas will just snap their fingers and everything will be ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    So pandas will just snap their fingers and everything will be ok?
    I'd say the Sha of Pride being defeated and Y'shaarj's heart being destroyed have more to do with it than anyone snapping their fingers ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I'd say the Sha of Pride being defeated and Y'shaarj's heart being destroyed have more to do with it than anyone snapping their fingers ...
    Well pandaren have nothing to do with either of these things. We do all the work for them. As always.

They are not a very strong nation... I have no idea how they survived against the Mantid / Mogu threat before we got there to be honest... and that's even without the Sha...

Deleted
    Holy shit, this storyline is exciting! Can't wait.
    Nice find.

Quote Originally Posted by Falu View Post
    They are not a very strong nation... I have no idea how they survived against the Mantid / Mogu threat before we got there to be honest... and that's even without the Sha...
    Well, dealing with the Sha was an entirely different animal before the Horde and Alliance took a big wet crap on the Jade Forest.

I hope it's not "all better now", but I do hope that the Vale phases back into scenes of healing and reconstruction. Cenarian druids doing their thing, back-filling that atrocious dig site, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgash View Post
    Holy shit, this storyline is exciting! Can't wait.
    Nice find.
    Dude! Your signature. For anyone who's played Wacraft III, that quote is godamned hillarious.

On topic though, I was actually expecting the Vale to be permanently scarred, even after the Sha of Pride's defeat. It didn't need to have sha creatures around, but at least the devastation could stay. A permanent scar to show what the war brought to a once untainted (if you ignore the buried creatures of negative emotions ready to fester on any slip up) land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    On topic though, I was actually expecting the Vale to be permanently scarred, even after the Sha of Pride's defeat. It didn't need to have sha creatures around, but at least the devastation could stay. A permanent scar to show what the war brought to a once untainted (if you ignore the buried creatures of negative emotions ready to fester on any slip up) land.
    Yeah, who knows how it will wind up. Obviously the giant statues won't be rebuilt. I think it could be just that the Sha corruption is gone.

in game vs lore = yeh..no

Just because they can't handle anything in the game dossen't mean they can't handle the it in Lore.

Remeber the shado-pan was the only line of defence, and they never had to deal with Mogu, mantid, Youngoul + the sha at the same time..

now for a few points..
    1.The mantid only attacked like each 100 years..
    2. Mogu was basicly gone more or less after the pandaren Uprising.
    3. the Youngul was never a problem really, it was not till the sha erupted that they became a massive threat. and that's just younguls trying to escape the sha..

15+ Year Old Account
    The Mantid only attacked once a century. When the mantid attack this time, they are caught woefully unprepared as they were not expecting a rapid assault so soon. Had they expected it, they would've been prepared and easily dispatched them like they had for thousands of years.

The mogu went dormant until recently. That is the whole point of the Golden Lotus - to figure out WTF is causing all the mogu attacks and who is behind the rise of the fallen empire. You would know this if you quested in the Vale or, hell, even Throne of Thunder. Which, btw, if the pandaren were not even prepared/at full strength to wipe out the mantid attack, they would be nowhere near the strength they were when they last fought the Thunder King.

The sha has always been around pandaria, but never at the levels they are when we arrive. Our constant warring between factions rips a scar right through the entire continent and out from it pours huge, warped, never-before-seen manifestations. The Shas had never, ever been directly assaulting them. This is, by far, the largest scale attack from the Sha ever conducted. That's why it is such a big deal that the likes of Taran Zha and Yu'lon are momentarily consumed by them.

It might not *feel* epic unless you try to immerse yourself, but what happens throughout this expansion is some of the most brutal, gutted shit to ever happen in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    We've been told all though mists how the vale is like some freaking pinnical of all life on azeroth and its the hub of all life on pandaria and its importance can't be ignored.. and then blizzard nukes it. Why would such a set up for the place be so important just to destroy it, and not have some kind of resolution to it.

I know blizzard devs can be dicks when it comes to how they destroy things and leave it destroyed, but unlike everything before, if the vale matters so much, you can't leave it destroyed without hope of restoration.
    #boycottchina