The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Will there be more solo tank fights in SoO?

Will there be more fights where we can bubble tank swap debuffs? or just boss we can straight up solo? I hope so, but seeing how so many other tanks complained about pallys and their bubbles will blizz remove clear-able debuffs from tanks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard have said that they won't let HoP remove tank swap debuffs anymore. Of course there's always a way to solo tank an encounter if you really want.. Just look at Lei Shen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirdie View Post
    Will there be more fights where we can bubble tank swap debuffs? or just boss we can straight up solo? I hope so, but seeing how so many other tanks complained about pallys and their bubbles will blizz remove clear-able debuffs from tanks?
    Nope there won't. However, there are a couple that you can solo tank.
    Last edited by mmocd3985e150a; 2013-07-28 at 02:31 PM.

Deleted
    There will always be solo tank fights.

Will there be more solo tank fights in SoO? = YES
    can we remove stuff with bubble/hop = No

First boss in SoO is pretty easily 1 tanked, even on heroic

I hope not. I think there should never be a solo tank fight in a raid environment, honestly. I tank because I want to tank, so the last thing I want is to be forced to keep a viable DPS offspec because my co-tank wants to be macho and solo tank a boss to feel badass. Even if the "OT" role was something simple like standing there to soak an attack (i.e. Patchwerk-style), or tanking a single add, or a simple taunt off I would infinitely prefer that to "Just go DPS for this fight".

I like how we went from a significant amount of 3+ tank fights(at least in 25m) to one tank fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexz View Post
    Will there be more solo tank fights in SoO? = YES
    can we remove stuff with bubble/hop = No

First boss in SoO is pretty easily 1 tanked, even on heroic
    /soexcitedforSOO

Please try to prevent necroing threads which aren't timeless, if you do bring them back, please offer something new to the discussion or offer a resolution to an unsolved problem. Try t keep discussion to current threads or timeless threads, and avoid posting like this at ALL times.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2013-09-04 at 03:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though this thread was necrod.. Gonna use it for something useful

Bosses I have tested on PTR

- Immerseus: Not Solo tankable per design, but I've read somewhere that a Monk can solo tank it (breath hits quite hard after 3-4 stacks) so maybe we can too
    - Protectors: MIGHT be possible per design, but damage intake is insane + Rogue gives you trouble
    - Norushen: Not possible as you need to alternate zones + soaking puddles
    - Sha: Not possible per design
    - Galakras: Not possible, you need a tank in the tower and on the ground at the same time
    - Juggernaut: MIGHT be possible if you survive long enough to drop stacks in p2, but on LFR the damage was already insane at 9 stacks
    - Shamans: Not possible per design
    - Nazgrim: Not possible per design
    - Malkorok: Not possible per design
    - Spoils: Not possible as you split up the rooms
    - Thok: Might be possible if you don't have long normal Phases, otherwise the debuff stacks too high (damage is pretty insane here)

I haven't tested the rest.

Not possible means, that there are debuffs in place you cant remove and that force a tank switch.
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

I have to say that's really good news. Not that I don't mind being able to strut my stuff and solo tank, but there were some fights this tier that I went DPS on for reasons I've stated previously so won't rehash, and while I don't mind Ret I prefer to tank. So it's good to know that there won't be any "Go DPS for this" fights.

Pally tanks didn't solo tank to show off, it was for progression essentially. Huge dps and heals with solid mitigation not only gave us the ability, but the drive to press progression with solo tanking. This is the 1st tier that i did not use my RET set.

I have played at a level just above Casual and solo tanking gave my old guild the ability to press some heroics. Yeah, dps dont like seeing a tank on top of the meters..... what they did like was seeing a new boss dead. The big picture just kinda jumps out and bites ppl on the ass sometimes.

Luckily our ten man group is actually made up of 12 people, so we can one tank the first fight and just bring in an extra DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    stuff + Not possible means, that there are debuffs in place you cant remove and that force a tank switch.
    This is just restating the information that I had previously said on this forum. The days of having 1 tank do all of the tanking duty on a fight won't be around for T16. You can probably try to do it, but why? Do you think you'll really gain a significant benefit in doing it that way? They learned from T15 that fights they wanted you to multi tank we were either ignoring mechanics or getting around it with abilities to allow us to have a higher vengeance intake and bring in another dps.