Give it a few seasons, you never know. We have been successful in Europe before now, and I think we are on the way back there. Yes, we didn't win the first match of the season, but we DIDN'T LOSE IT. If we hadn't had that slump between November and April last season we'd have ended the season on 60-65 points instead of ~40 and that would have been a very good top ten position.

Certainly too early to proclaim anyone champions. But I do like the look of Manchester City and I love watching David Silva play.

As far as La Liga is concerned, Barca will be champions, book it.

Deleted
    How Bale can be worth that amount of money is beyond me. Sure he is good. But not close to that good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the world of Football is crazy, and Real Madrid are prone to overpay for anything that moves...
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    How Bale can be worth that amount of money is beyond me. Sure he is good. But not close to that good.
    Marketing and publicity. The huge point 72 title on the back page of the papers.

Johan Elmander to Norwich it seems.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Apparently Spurs are spending big, with reports of the 30 million pound acquisition of Willian.

Sky Italia is reporting the 93 million pound (109 million euro) transfer of Bale to Real Madrid.

http://sport.sky.it/sport/calciomerc...iomercato.html

that money is just nuts, not even Messi (well maybe he is) is worth that amount

hmm about fpl, vice captain points haven't been doubled, and no substitutions haven't been made. are they still not done with calculating points?

Not a good night for Celtic, beaten 2-0 by Shaktar Karagandy in Kazakhstan - I forsee much ribbing along the Borat lines over the next few days!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

I think the deal for Bale has been agreed for sometime now, my guess is that Spurs asked Madrid to stfu about it so they could spend the money without the clubs they were buying from knowing they had 100 million to spend and double their transfer costs I don't think we'd be spending this kind of money without knowing we were about to hit it rich. I just hope they have got hold of some money as I understand Real haven't managed to pay us for Modric yet. What I am glad about is that Levy has proactively reinvested the money in some very good players Paulinho looked best player on the pitch on Sunday admittedly against a poor Palace side Soldado worked hard and looks confident. Spurs looking pretty good with a team of comparative strangers imho. I didn't want to see Bale go but this doesn't seem a bad trade off right now , time will tell. Wouldn't it be great if Real changed their mind?!

Going back to the Palace game Holloway says after game regarding the penalty decision "Some teams get those decisions some teams don't" . Lets check that statement for accuracy. Penalties awarded last season: Crystal Palace 19 Tottenham 0 I guess you're right Mr. Holloway!

Willian might be the final cog in that midfield with some nice depth on the bench. Sorry to lose Scott Parker Fulham building a nice side

The crying Arsenal fan ( linked in the youtube video)... really? 1 game ago Arsenal fans were dancing and cheering their heroes for the magnificent 4th place finish, Next game lose 3-1 to Villa. WENGER OUT!!! Booing their team, leaving the stands empty by the end of the game, I will never get this mentality, "Arsenal till I die (Unless they lose their next game)".

City Chelsea and RVP looking ominous, Newcastle fans deserve better.
    Last edited by Marleycat; 2013-08-20 at 06:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    that money is just nuts, not even Messi (well maybe he is) is worth that amount
    Messi is worth that, bale is worth 50 million. Be good to get that saga out of the way.

Transfer fees are just up the walls nowdays.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Just reading Spurs also in the market for Erick Lamela , he could be the best of the lot that we sign. If this is all to do with the proposed move of Bale to Real Madrid, I'll drive him to Spain myself!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wow, Griezman with a sensational goal. Sociedad in front, woohoo!
    Ohio State Buckeye

Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    Just reading Spurs also in the market for Erick Lamela , he could be the best of the lot that we sign. If this is all to do with the proposed move of Bale to Real Madrid, I'll drive him to Spain myself!
    Yeah Lamela and Willian has been connected to Spurs, not sure how much we can spend though. But it would be fucking swell to get both of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    OH MY GOODNESS, Seferovic with an outrageous longshot. Sociedad 0-2 up!

- - - Updated - - -

La Liga isn't as weak as people thought. Lyon 0-2 Real Sociedad. Ouch.
    Ohio State Buckeye

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Norganon View Post
    OH MY GOODNESS, Seferovic with an outrageous longshot. Sociedad 0-2 up!

- - - Updated - - -

La Liga isn't as weak as people thought. Lyon 0-2 Real Sociedad. Ouch.
    Its one game, La Liga is definitely as weak as everyone thought (Which is to say, no one really thinks its weak, just over dominated by 2 teams). Lyon havent done anything in europe besides one semi final of the european cup, its 3rd best team in france vs 4th best team in spain.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-08-20 at 09:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    Going back to the Palace game Holloway says after game regarding the penalty decision "Some teams get those decisions some teams don't" . Lets check that statement for accuracy. Penalties awarded last season: Crystal Palace 19 Tottenham 0 I guess you're right Mr. Holloway!
    Gotta love a bit of Holloway. Now the big question is will he rack up more charges than his team do points, it's a 38 game season and he is already 1 for 1, he is off to a cracker. That said though how he gets charged and Moyes gets nowt for suggesting the fixture list had been rigged is beyond me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Its one game, La Liga is definitely as weak as everyone thought (Which is to say, no one really thinks its weak, just over dominated by 2 teams). Lyon havent done anything in europe besides one semi final of the european cup, its 3rd best team in france vs 4th best team in spain.
    Oh get out. This is going to be the second year running where Spain has had 4 teams in the UCL. Just admit it, there's no shame in it.
    Ohio State Buckeye