15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Norganon View Post
    I'm such an idiot. I promise I'll follow the EPL more this year.
    Hah don't worry, you probably know way more about the EPL then I do about La Liga ^^

Norganon, I'm sure you know a lot more about the EPL than I do for example. The only teams I know a little bit about are the ones which have some spaniards on the team. The CL teams I'll follow from time to time as well. The rest of the teams and players there? It's pretty much greek to me.

Deleted
    Is there a http://fantasy.premierleague.com/ league set up yet?

Best way to learn more about the EPL is to play it! I'm hoping Bale gets sold to Real, so that I don't have to spend 12.0 points on him.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Is there a http://fantasy.premierleague.com/ league set up yet?

Best way to learn more about the EPL is to play it! I'm hoping Bale gets sold to Real, so that I don't have to spend 12.0 points on him.
    No, if you want to set one up and look after it go ahead and do so.

Deleted
    Alreet heres the code to join the league : 100763-167890

The prize for the winner is obviously kudos and the knowledge he knows the most about football. Derp. Reckon it deserves its own thread?

nah no need to set up another thread - y'know how some people get pissy over spam and there's always a danger it attracts the sort of discussion that requires moderator interjection!

And isn't the first prize an interview for the managers position at Man City/Chelski or is that a competition in Football Manager 2014?
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Alreet heres the code to join the league : 100763-167890

The prize for the winner is obviously kudos and the knowledge he knows the most about football. Derp. Reckon it deserves its own thread?
    Added to the first post.

Deleted
    Bale worth nearly £90M?

Madrid are mugs if they end up paying that.

I joined the league and made a team. Wasn't sure what I was doing so I tried to make the strongest team I could while staying within budget. I now have 0 millions in the bank :/

Feel free to explain what one does

Deleted
    My team looks something like this but will probably change alot since transfers are still ongoing:

Apart from that I've noticed Chelsea are playing twice in game week 1 so I'll get Mata or Hazard in and Captain them.

Basically check it every week is all you have to do (i try to do it on a friday since if you make transfers midweek a player might get injured in training or something).

Check this out http://fantasy.premierleague.com/rules/ Click on the rules tab. Good luck!

That's what I put together.

Deleted
    Quite happy with this:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slenderman View Post
    Bale worth nearly £90M?

Madrid are mugs if they end up paying that.
    Seriously. What are they thinking? We don't even need him.
    Ohio State Buckeye

Perez

Isn't there an election soon?

It would give Real a shot at selling more jerseys, right about now 1 in 10 kids has a Barcelona shirt with Messi on it here (or so it seems), if you get Bale that'll shift jerseys over here.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perez has already won the elections, there are no other candidates. Partly because you have to pay almost €60 million and be a socio for 20 years. I don't think Bale is going to make a difference in jerseys. Real sells a lot of jerseys already, especially in the east.
    Ohio State Buckeye

10+ Year Old Account
    Bale doesn't have the face for selling jerseys. I dont think Madrid need him, I'd love united to go for him, the only place I think he should go, but not for the silly money expected.

Deleted
    Yea Bale does look like an ape. I liked it when bananas were thrown at him (finally someone using bananas in a non racist way). He's not worth silly money tho. He needs to do what giggs didn't and play for england, but that will never happen. He'd make Real proper dangerous mind. Ronaldo and Bale vs Messi and Neymar. Madness.

Deleted
    1. What will be the top four finishing in the EPL: 1: Chelsea, 2: City 3: (With Bale Spurs, without Bale, Arsenal) 4: United
    2. Champs League winner: Juventus
    3. PFA Player of the year: No idea!
    4. Writers player of the year: N/A
    5. Top Premiership Scorer: Negredo
    6. Best transfer: Too soon to say
    7. Biggest transfer flop: Fernandinho
    8. Who will be relegated from the EPL: Hull, Palace, Stoke

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to say, this season is gonna be the most exciting one in years. We have Pep returning, Sir Alex' replacement, Mou back in the EPL, Real Madrid with a new manager and some super exciting signings, Neymar in Europe and possibly the best Bayern Munich side since the 70s. Can't wait.

EDIT: Oh, and let's not forget Arsenal's superstar signings .
    Last edited by Norganon; 2013-07-29 at 07:29 PM.
    Ohio State Buckeye