Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    why do people think it's all GC
    he is just lead community game MANAGER, who is responsible before players for what game designers do
    Yeah that is what I always think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalkaroth View Post
    Monks population is low because they start at lvl 1? So I'm guessing every classes population is low because they start at lvl 1... (except DKs of course)

What a stupid reason.
    Stupid? LOL. You are aware there are people who are playing characters that were created BEFORE MoP, right? That means that most of us already have one or several characters that are not monks. Giving the non-monk population a significant head start. Which is what GC meant.

Always so funny to hear people proclaim others "stupid" when they are the ones who fail at logic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    SO ghostcrawler pretty much you said " suck it, we will still do Pay each Mouth, and do the in game market, AND soon we will ad a pay 1Dollar for each 1000 yards you travel or fly in wow.
    Reading comprehension wasn't your best subject in school, I take it?

he said subscription is still going to be the main way of funding the game, with store being a complement. For which I, for one, am grateful. I wan't the subscription fee to stay, and I want the store option for tose who want to spend money on stupid helmets, rather than for them to pay gold-sellers. For honest players caring about getting a quality game, this is the best of two worlds.

The devs want people to be able to catch up faster so that they can play with friends, which is why they are testing adding 476 gear and other convenience items in the Blizzard store. There is no desire to move towards a pay to win style game.

Fixed. I see no difference in reasoning.

nice mount. unfortunately way too cool to be drop/hard achiev reward, probably some promotion, collectors ed for next xpac or just from store.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    The devs want people to be able to catch up faster so that they can play with friends, which is why they are testing adding 476 gear and other convenience items in the Blizzard store. There is no desire to move towards a pay to win style game.

Fixed. I see no difference in reasoning.
    they are making the old 489 rep gear for justice (thus farming heroics will be effective for more than a few hours after the ding), why would they need to add 476 gear to shop? Even then, you can get 476 pvp gear by farming heriocs now, it just takes few heroics more. Making catch up mechanism with MONEY is the most retarded think I heard in a while and its nothing about catching up to friends, its about milking the shit out of their customers. hell, the whole set is probably gonna cost like 15 bucks, the entire months subscription, when you could farm all the 489 gear you wanted in a day or two. But I guess selling gear you would otherwise had to spent hours to get isnt actually selling a gear, because its not a currect raid content quality gear, right? ...

The devs want people to be able to catch up faster so that they can play with friends, which is why they are testing the experience buff and other convenience items in the Blizzard store. There is no desire to move towards a pay to win style game.

Than give it us free as a option. instead as a payment.

P2W blizzard. P2W.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bregtann View Post
    The three ugly-as-frek cosmetic helmets catering to the 11-year olds count as worthwhile, even the only worthwhile in the entire game? Seriously?
    You didn't understand the point:

Without Blizzard Game Store, only ingame items = equal chance for the gamers and do not matter you are rich or poor IRL.
    With Store: you can check people in game who has got money for stupid things and who hasn't...
    Shame on Blizzard devs and managers!

The most important thing in MMOs is you can start from the same stage, and reach what do you want!
    "clean slate"

Quote Originally Posted by shikokumaji View Post
    Heart of the Aspects had -nothing- to do with the Cloud Serpents. It wasn't a teaser, it was part of the Dragon Soul raid -- hence the name 'Heart of the Aspects'. It was used to kill Deathwing. The Heart of the Aspects isn't even the same skeleton or model as Cloud Serpents.

Oh so you're saying the cloud serpent wire frame was in the game prior to heart of the aspects? Don't twist words, I never said it was part of the plot or anything of the sort. Heart of the aspects was a teaser from blizzard who finished working on the cloud serpent model in MoP and decided to modify it a bit for CURRENT content and release it for some extra money.

If you honestly say the heart of the aspects mount has nothing to do with the cloud serpent model we have to today. You're wrong.

"The devs want people to be able to catch up faster so that they can play with friends, which is why they are testing the experience buff and other convenience items in the Blizzard store. There is no desire to move towards a pay to win style game. "

Being able to catch up easier is a great idea - nice feature to have, I'm sure.

Doesn't answer why they are even considering monetizing those items on top of the required $15/mo.

Hell, that makes it sound worse. "Want to catch up to your friends faster? Give us more money!"

Both crow and feydragon, store mount for druids to change into a flying mount who can carry someone else, with 1 for horde and 1 for alliance?

10+ Year Old Account
    That new season rogue gear is garbage! It's a complete knock off of warrior gear from Cataclysm.

If they are not going free to play they should at least cut the monthly price down, they kinda have to if the player base dips again.

wow, only a couple of pages of replys to this front page news and its just crammed full of stupid fucks just constantly makin digs at 'dumbing down the game' ' blizzard store' 'p2w' etc etc.
    Seriously take a step back and look at your sad pathetic selfs, just constantly whining on these forums. 'Blizz store this blizz store that whine whine whine, yet ill still continue to play and pay my 8.99 a month'.............
    I dont fully blame you for being dipshits, most of the blame should rest on the shoulders of a)the people that conceived you and b)the idiots that introduced you to the internet/or letting you on it.

"WoW won't be going free to play anytime soon, as Blizzard is happy with the current business model. Even if they wanted to make it into a microtransaction based game, it couldn't be done with how gameplay works today."

Wich company wouldn't be happy with such business model? Pay to play + pay to win (or to get the best stuff that is not going to the game anymore like it should, like mounts) on top of that?

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want Pico back!

So.... FEY DRAGON and STORM CROW mounts in the files but not available to players... Two DRUID STYLE teasers.... I think the Emerald Dream will have an important place in Expansion 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Gren View Post
    That new season rogue gear is garbage! It's a complete knock off of warrior gear from Cataclysm.
    This is not a smartass question, I genuinely want to know: Which warrior set? I like the rogue set, but agree it looks more warrior-ish so I'd like to get it for my warrior.

calling it now, fey dragon will be the store mount for 5.4. then in 5.5 they will release the stormcrow, or vice versa.

that or they will be rewards from either timeless isle or the daily hub/barrens/isle equivalent of 5.5
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Aesahaettr View Post
    "dumbing down" rotations would make them more like TBC rotations.
    I would actually love "to dumb down" this stupid Feral druid priority system into something more manageable while also removing this ancient and archaic positional requirement from Shred.

Not only it is stupid it is actually retarded as anyone who actually level up Feral druid up to the end game solo, cannot even learn it properly!

1. .... because most mobs are dead to fast to even use Shred effectively and in proper way!
    2. .... Feral druid from behind opener/stun is too short to even use Shred effectively on mobs
    3 ..... Feral druid has only the stun opener skill/ability and not even one skill/ability to prolong the stun duration without spending the required Combo Points or in simplified form; typical play style of Feral Druid does not support to use Shred skill on any mob which is just retarded when you consider that Shred is main attack ability of Feral Druids
    4.... It is just frustrating to use Shred on player in PvP!

And I am player from classic/vanilla era.

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post

Hell, that makes it sound worse. "Want to catch up to your friends faster? Give us more money!"
    What's so horrible about that? If you don't want to spend that money, don't do it. I'd gladly pay a small amount of money to shorten the leveling process, despite it being extremely fast anyway. I value my time more than the amount, but I realise that the amount will "hurt" more or less depending on contries and so on.
    As long as the normal way remains, I don't have a problem with it.

Mind you, I'm not sure I'd call an item costing 7-10 (no idea what it might cost) dollars a "micro" transaction. I feel that the industry, and the audience, has embraced that word for every type of additional cost within games nowadays, when quite a few of them can be the size of a standalone game or expansion in some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Oh so you're saying the cloud serpent wire frame was in the game prior to heart of the aspects? Don't twist words, I never said it was part of the plot or anything of the sort. Heart of the aspects was a teaser from blizzard who finished working on the cloud serpent model in MoP and decided to modify it a bit for CURRENT content and release it for some extra money.

If you honestly say the heart of the aspects mount has nothing to do with the cloud serpent model we have to today. You're wrong.
    Well... it doesn't. You're wrong. The Heart of the Aspects mount uses the same skeleton as the DragonHawks and was clearly built around them. The Cloud serpents have a completely different look, skeleton and animations.

I think the issue at the time with the Heart of the Aspects mount is that everyone was assuming that it would be a reward for the "Chromatic Champion" achievement, which even shares the same icon. It just felt like it had been made for that achievement and then Blizzards "why put a reward in the game for a challenging Achievement that requires you killing the toughest boss ingame 4 times at least, when we can just sell it to anyone" thinking came in. And now you just get 10 achievement points for that achiement and a slightly retooled drake from the end boss on heroic.

The Stormcrow mount looks awesome, like the Fey dragon! Perhaps they'll be quest awards from some awesome class specific questlines that are genuinely hard and actually add a challenge to the game worthy of the reward, and that hints towards the next possible expansion....

....only joking, they're going to both be store mounts! LOLS Stop kidding yourselves.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2013-07-29 at 08:19 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!