Deleted

Very long loading screens!

Hey all!

After reading threw sevral forums and reading up on a couple of things im still completly lost and i have no clue whats going on, so lets see if any of you can help me

The problem is the following:

Since a couple of days now im having really long loading screens while leaving arena. (1 - 1.5 min) (used to be 10 sec max)
    Entrering arena they are a bit longer aswell (10 - 15 sec)

and overall the loading screens are just slow...

things ive tried:

ive re-instald WoW
    defragmented my HDD
    reset my router (and tried a other one)
    cleared Cache
    used AVG to scan my pc (nothing)
    and even turned up the fan in my video card (was getting a bit hot, might be because of the summer)

Results:

like i said, entering arena is a bit faster then it used to be, but it still feels slow

if you need more info, let me know!

hope someone knows whats going on!

greets,

Munloz

System specs?

Did you configure security settings on your router?

Deleted
    Asus Rampage II Extreme iX58
    Corsair 3x2GB, DDR3
    Intel Core i7 950 3.06GHz
    Radeon HD6970
    Seagate 2TB SATA300 32MB

is this sufficient?

greets,

Munloz

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and about the router, im at a friends house now and its still happening!

Could be your HD.

You have a solid state you can try installing WoW on?

Deleted
    Are you running out of free space?

Deleted
    I dont have a solid state disc, ells i would have tried that aswell

and no, there should be more then enough space, the HD i have is split into 2 sections and the one wow is on still has 270 gig free (out of 500)

Have a spare HD (or can borrow one) that you could pop in and install WoW on, just to see if it makes a difference?

And even though it's a dumb question, you tried turning off your addons?

Is WoW itself slow to boot, a long period of black screen before login comes up? Cos my initial thought is something with your GFX card or your HD. I had similar problems when my HD was in the process of dying.

Deleted
    I can try the spare HD, but not tonight

and WoW itself inst allot slower then it used to be... though i have some lag when i come out of the loading screen (spell effects especially).

just checked how long it stayed black, but it goes to login almost instant... (driver is updated btw)

Deleted
    Try reinstalling windows, it tends to get bogged down quickly.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have you installed any new addons recently? Try loading after disabling all addons, then re-enable them in groups to see which one is affecting you.

Also try deleting (or copy to backup) the config.wtf file in the C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\WTF folder This is all your settings with video/audio, going back to defaults might help (it gets recreated the next time you run WoW).

Deleted
    I dont run any addons atm, so i dont even have the button to turn em on or off

tried the wtf file, but unfortunately it isnt helping either

ill try the harddrive and windows tomorow morning!

and thanks too everyone that has posted any form of help or tips! really appreciate it!

- - - Updated - - -

found the problem! Apparently my brother put Vertical Sync off because he thot it would increase frame rate...

put it back on and the problems where gone!

thanks again to everyone that helped me in trying to find a solution for my problem!

greets,

Munloz