Screen setup advice!

Looking to fix 3 screens. Right now I'm on 1x 27 "LG ISP (1920x1080p).
    So I'm wondering if I should buy;
    1) 1440p and run | 27 "1080p | 27" 1440p | 27 "1080p - Games I cannot run on eyefinity ill just use the 1440p
    2) 120-144hz and run | 27 "1080p | 27" 120-144hz | 27 "1080p - Games I cannot run on eyefinity ill just use the 120-144hz
    3) Just run at 3x 1080p screens and spend the money Ill save on buying another 7970 or something.

Games I'm playing: LoL, WoW .. some BF3 and will play BF 4.

What do you think?

Deleted
    I'd personally get 3 matched screens. There are potential issues if you're mixing screens of different resolutions, not to mention it would look kinda weird. You also almost certainly need at least two 7970s to power BF 3 and 4 in 5760x1080 or above. One of them alone is going to totally struggle, if it can even handle it at all I'm not sure. As a rough guide - I used to have two NVIDIA GTX680's powering my Surround rig and they were only just powerful enough to run BF3 in Medium/High settings. I imagine BF 4 will be a step up in demand too. 3 of them would have been optimal but I've since upgraded the graphics anyway.

Best do some research into it - you don't want to end up having 3 screens and not being able to do what you want with them.
    So in summary:

- Matched screens are optimal, avoid mixing different resolutions imo
    - If you plan to game with the latest most demanding titles be prepared to throw a lot of money into graphics cards
    - Bezels are rarely a problem (in my personal opinion) as you tend to game by looking at the primary screen allowing the side screens to fill your peripheral vision
    - Make sure your Mobo can handle the multiple graphics cards that you may need, and the PSU too!
    - Do plenty of research before making your big purchase. Ask on the AMD forums about it too. Make sure you get the hardware that does what you want

IF you're in a situation where there isn't going to be enough graphics power to game in Eyefinity, then I guess you could look into one of the alternative options with gaming on just one of the 3 screens but I'm not familiar with Eyefinity so you'd need to get advice from AMD about mixing resolutions.
    Last edited by mmocabe77c30e6; 2013-07-29 at 12:41 PM.

Deleted
    what kind of hardware do you have for the cpu and gpu?
    i'd prolly just pick 1 1440p screen and keep the old screen.
    got tripple screen myself now 2x 1080p 24" 1x1440p 27" and i'm not using my left screen at all.

Just for gaming, 3 screens are a waste of money imo. Get 2 good ones and you should be settled for 99% of the things you do

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post
    Just for gaming, 3 screens are a waste of money imo. Get 2 good ones and you should be settled for 99% of the things you do
    Since going 3 screens I would never go back to 1 (and gaming off 2? that's not a good idea unless you want a bezel in the middle). Widescreen gaming is fantastically good, but it is an expensive luxury that I do admit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatie12 View Post
    Since going 3 screens I would never go back to 1 (and gaming off 2? that's not a good idea unless you want a bezel in the middle). Widescreen gaming is fantastically good, but it is an expensive luxury that I do admit.
    1440p primary + 1080p on the side for random stuff works fine for me.
    no sane person would ever use two screens with a bezel in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatie12 View Post
    I wouldn't go back to 1 screen either, neither did I suggest to the OP using only 1 screen. But since you're so keen on it, please explain to me how you use your three screens for gaming.

Deleted
    I wouldn't go back to 1 screen either, neither did I suggest to the OP using only 1 screen. But since you're so keen on it, please explain to me how you use your three screens for gaming.
    i use my 2 side screens for browsing/music/OC tweaking. however since i can fit that all pretty much on 1 secondary screen tripple screen is kinda not needed.
    also for the OP we kinda need to know what kind of hardware he is running.
    screen size/resolution/panel type is a very personal thing what is liked best, not saying mine is best but i'm pretty sure lots of people find 1440p single screen plenty to handle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    1440p primary + 1080p on the side for random stuff works fine for me.
    no sane person would ever use two screens with a bezel in the middle.
    I think he meant 1 screen for gaming and 2nd screen for internet browsing/youtube/movies etc while gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    i use my 2 side screens for browsing/music/OC tweaking. however since i can fit that all pretty much on 1 secondary screen tripple screen is kinda not needed.
    also for the OP we kinda need to know what kind of hardware he is running.
    screen size/resolution/panel type is a very personal thing what is liked best, not saying mine is best but i'm pretty sure lots of people find 1440p single screen plenty to handle.
    I do exactly that with my two screens and really have no need for a 3rd...

Deleted
    NVIDIA Surround mode. The desktop is one single resolution covering all displays. As far as Windows is concerned there is only 1 display with a resolution of all combined. Fullscreen games run over all the displays.