VERY quiet PSU 600w+

Currently running with an Antec 750w, it's VERY good but under the load I have on it (around 550w) it's fan ramps up a fair bit and is far and away the noisiest part of my rig.

After one from a UK site and looking at around £70ish.
    Would prefer modular but it's not required.

In order of "needs":

Quiet
    GOOD brand (I don't buy crap PSU's)
    SLI capable (so big 12v rail and 2x 6/8 pin cables)
    Modular

Was looking at a Bequiet PSU but just thought I'd check alternatives.
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2013-07-28 at 08:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Deleted
    Well, I got a Zalman ZM850-HP power supply, it is very quiet indeed but I remember reading its ripple values are a bit questionable. I also doubt it's being manufactured anymore and it at least used to be unreasonably expensive.

And now I realised how useless a post this was.

Deleted
    I have a brand new Seasonic X-650 (SS-650KM3) sitting at my desk right now. Did not plug it in yet so I can't provide any feedback atm, but it's receiving excellent reviews all around the Internet. Thats why I choose it - so you might consider it as well.

It offers hybrid cooling:

I'm a bit... concerned about the eventual noise from that seasonic unit (though I think I saw a decent seasonic from my initial look around). I'm not pulling SILLY watts but it's enough to take it into the "cooling mode" ramp. I'll have a look at reviews.

Deleted
    Yes, for your SLI setup, 650W might not offer enough room for comfortable and silent run. But luckily enough, there are also 750W and 850W models from the same line. I am afraid the price will be a little bit over your budget, but you DID say you want a good brand

Ye, it's pointless having nice kit then a crappy PSU. Antec have been my go-to brand over the years but this one really ISN'T quiet.

Looking at the XFX PRO 650W (P1-650S-NLB9). It's an older PSU but seems to be very highly rated (and, I guess by pure luck) is Haswell Compatible for upgrades down the road.

Looking though it might not be a quiet one despite the site I'm looking at buying from claiming so

Starting to wonder if I might just be better opening up my PSU and replacing the fan (It'll be an educated and researched replacement )

- - - Updated - - -

Seems the bequiet has tempted me back in the end:

Be Quiet! BN225 PURE POWER L8 120mm Fan - 700W @ £75 looks to be a winner.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had the Antec Earthwatts 550w 80+ Platinum for some time, then it started to coil whine & fan ramping up whenever it was on load.

When I went SLI 670's I went for the XFX ProSeries 750w, the fan is audible on load, but it's not something that will annoy you the slightest. (I'd still call it insanely quiet, only got Noctua case fans & CPU cooler, aswell as Gigabyte Windforce & ASUS DCUII 670's which is some of the quietest you can get)

XFX has horrible customer service/warranty on their GPU's, but their PSU's are amazing.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Thread moved to sub-forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Fae View Post
    I have a brand new Seasonic X-650 (SS-650KM3) sitting at my desk right now. Did not plug it in yet so I can't provide any feedback atm, but it's receiving excellent reviews all around the Internet. Thats why I choose it - so you might consider it as well.
    I second this notion. My Seasonic X650 KM3 is not audible at load (300W at the wall).

The X650 is very nice, but such a high end unit is not absolutely necessary. All Seasonic branded units have excellent noise characteristics.

Seasonic OEM units tend to be quiet as well, but its not guaranteed. Make sure to check reviews.