Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Is it normal for a game as big as WoW to have such amount of haters?

I was wondering, is it normal example for a game as WoW, to have such amount of haters.
    every game i join and talk a 1 word about WoW you get flamed.

Or you hear: Omg you play WoW loser arguments.
    Or you hear: Omg WoW is so bad atm, Blizzard killed it after tbc/wotlk.

Is this normal for a game to have this amount of hate outside the actual game itself (although there is loads of hates on these forums and in game aswell if you ask me)

or is it normal to have this large hate base?

i don't play any other huge player base game, and was wondering if they have the same amount of hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Anything that's extremely popular or at least well known will have some amount of people hating on it. This goes for anything main-stream, really. It's worse if the game in question (Or what ever else) has shifted part of its target audience somewhere else, or changed things in the past that not everyone agreed with.

So yes, people hating on World of Warcraft is normal.

Absolutely!!! The bigger and more money something makes the more haters it will have.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

Look at politicians or anyone with a public image, when they open their mouths -even to just breathe- there are legions of haters ready to respond. Hell, look at what GC has to deal with every 10min. His tweets get twisted around so much that I am surprised no one has found a Half Life 3 confirmation hidden within them.

In their defense, WoW in it's current state can't be ridiculed enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    same goes for ppl that are registered for just 1 month and have 300 posts

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I say "I like Skyward Sword" I imagine at least half the people around me would say "That is the worst Zelda game ever, Wind Waker was the best."

Replace Skyward Sword with MoP and Wind Waker with Wrath.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

WoW is the best that it has ever been. The raiding is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Raidbozz View Post
    Absolutely!!! The bigger and more money something makes the more haters it will have.
    WoW has far more hate now than it did when it was twice as big.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blindsides View Post
    WoW is the best that it has ever been.
    Apparently not to the millions of people who have quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Blindsides View Post
    WoW is the best that it has ever been. The raiding is fantastic.
    Oh your funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh your funny.
    Actually this is one of the best raiding tiers ever in WoW history, he isn't funny he is telling the truth.

OT:

Any of you play CoD or LoL, those 2 are like as big as WoW, do they have this amount of hate too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Dismissing all criticism as "hating" is foolish though.

I mean, Justin Beiber has a lot of haters, but he's also completely terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by ZwuckeL View Post
    same goes for ppl that are registered for just 1 month and have 300 posts
    Duuude you wasted your every other month reply on that guy

OP: Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's not unusual at all. And it's not new either. There has been plenty of forum hate piled on the game since nearly day one. It was there during vanilla, a little worse during BC, more so during Wrath and then there was Cataclysm which pretty much soured everyone and showed that even the mighty Blizzard could completely misread their players.

The game works for you by now or it doesn't. 'Terrible' or 'Good' is hardly even relevant.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Yes, OP, it's perfectly normal. Whatever you may think of the state of the game, WoW is a cultural phenomenon and will remain a landmark in gaming history for a long time to come. Success breeds jealousy, and there are plenty of people in this world eager to try and distinguish themselves by scoffing at things considered popular/mainstream. I think often of this wonderful little song.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I was wondering, is it normal example for a game as WoW, to have such amount of haters.
    every game i join and talk a 1 word about WoW you get flamed.

Or you hear: Omg you play WoW loser arguments.
    Or you hear: Omg WoW is so bad atm, Blizzard killed it after tbc/wotlk.

Is this normal for a game to have this amount of hate outside the actual game itself (although there is loads of hates on these forums and in game aswell if you ask me)

or is it normal to have this large hate base?

i don't play any other huge player base game, and was wondering if they have the same amount of hate?
    I think the large group of Fanboys, wow zealots and fanatics so quickly to bash any game or any critzation of wow makes people flame the game.

Also from some reason people think Dismissing all criticism is hating when it is not.

Game? GAME? Number 1 in all aspects of life brings out the haters. Best team in whatever sport.... best game..... richest actor...... most popular singer.

I'd say the only difference with WoW is that mostly haters don't contribute to what they are hating on, where as in WoW it's as if the haters are fine with paying the $15 a month to play what they hate. It's like:
    "I'm going to go buy that new justin beiber album."
    "WHAT?!? I thought you hated Justin Beiber?"
    "I do, but I need to see what I hate about him next."

It doesn't even have to be big to attract haters. "It" in this case being anything, not just games.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    its fairly common sense isnt it? a game with as many subscribers as WoW does has, by default, a larger pool of customers to upset. i mean is this really an honest question? you lose 35-40% of your customer base in the matter or 2-3 years theres bound to be a few in there willing to bitch and moan.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    I mean, Justin Beiber has a lot of haters, but he's also completely terrible.
    Now Ward, aren't you being just a little hard on the Beiber?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"