Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Flex is currently very overtuned for the ilvl they give you and the designated audience of the mode.
    It'll probably get nerfed substantially so it's hard to comment on right now.
    What he said. Got tuned to 506 (around LFR ToT) and it definitely wasn't a cakewalk when I did Flex Mode. You'll have the new LFR to do at the same time though. (should come out a week or two later)

  2. #22
    Dreadlord Pisholina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Split, Croatia
    Posts
    984
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    But again, if you have nothing but 502 gear, no Legendary meta gem, no cloak, no VP items - you've kinda been slacking. Try to get some Normals done now, it really isn't all that hard. There's also Heroic Scenarios with 516 ilvl gear. So just get on it and Flex mode won't be hard.
    That's my problem, I found out HC scenarios give ilvl 516 three days ago. I thought it was the same as LFR. As far as the legendary goes, I am stuck on the secrets.

    Edit: I'd like to thank everyone on the feedback.
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    But again, if you have nothing but 502 gear, no Legendary meta gem, no cloak, no VP items - you've kinda been slacking. Try to get some Normals done now, it really isn't all that hard. There's also Heroic Scenarios with 516 ilvl gear. So just get on it and Flex mode won't be hard.
    Early tot was tuned closer to 489 gear, maybe Lei-Shen was tuned more about 502 gear, but for sure not the earlier bosses.


    I think you will easily be able to do flex with 502 ilvl if you know how to play your class well. If you want to bruteforce outgear it I expect around 522 ilvl~
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

    I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Depends on the group and how you define ToT lfr gear. If you're mixing it with however many 522's as well as upgrades you should be fine. If you're saying 502 ilvl you'll probably find it a bit rough =P.
    You know, player skill matters a lot. I went lfr with ilv 480, the abolute minimum and got to rank 7-10 on most bosses. I've had a 513 dk in hc scen grp and he did somewhat 40k boss dps with heroism - repeatedly.

    With such players like the lower part of lfr, you won't be able to do Flex. With the higher skilled players, you will be able to do it.

    Though i wonder: you get 516 loot very easy via scenarios, you get valor points gear and item upgrades. Even my fire mage went up in 4 weeks from ilvl 480 to 515 without normal mode raiding, just LFR and hc scenarios and item uprades.

    So i think you can expect ilvl 510 - 520 from a tot lfr raider. And this will be definitely enough for clearing Flex - if you know how to play your char.
    Last edited by Klatar; 2013-08-03 at 04:20 PM.

  5. #25
    i thought flex was being tested on ptr with 506 ilvl?

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by thetom View Post
    i thought flex was being tested on ptr with 506 ilvl?
    Immerseus and Protectors was tested with 506. Sha of Pride and Norushen was tested with 516.

  7. #27
    The Lightbringer Danishpsycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Early tot was tuned closer to 489 gear, maybe Lei-Shen was tuned more about 502 gear, but for sure not the earlier bosses.


    I think you will easily be able to do flex with 502 ilvl if you know how to play your class well. If you want to bruteforce outgear it I expect around 522 ilvl~
    I'm pretty sure, I read somewhere in a blue post, that early ToT was tuned to be around 502. Whether it was doable in less gear or not, is a different story though. I mean, the really good players could prolly have done it, while we saw all too well how the majority couldn't get past Horridon pre nerf.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •