Need 1800+ UH Dk 2v2 help!

Hello! I recently started playing my UH DK again in 2v2. Currently running UH DK and resto druid. We had an easy time getting up to 1800-ish (we went like 20+ wins to 3 losses). However, at 1800+ we are running into a few comps that are giving us a little trouble. Specifically Ele sham/healer, feral druid/healer and BM hunter/healer teams. Does anybody know any guides that give some strategies for against these comps?

Ele sham/healer teams are very hard to even kill. With healing tide totem and shammy off heals, it's hard to get enough CC on the healer to get the shammy down. On the other hand, if i try to focus the healer more, the shammy generally will eventually get a period of free-casting and force us to play defensively.

Feral druid/healer teams are also hard. Regardless of who I focus more. The feral druid has amazing uptime and it's difficult to cut his damage. Also, these teams generally have amazing CC capabilities, especially with disc priests due to symbiosis.

BM Hunter/healer teams. These teams have a lot of CC. I can generally have my pet or myself eat the traps on the resto druid if they are targeting me. However, eventually they OOM my druid in a long fight by focusing me. I can generally get the hunter low and close to death when my gargoyle is up and by CCing healer, but deterrence saves him at least twice. However, besides that I can't get enough stress on either target to kill effectively. On the other hand, sometimes I can hard switch to healer and kill the healer, but not always.

Can anybody provide advice or a link to a guides/videos with strategies for killing these comps?
    Last edited by NastyNateDog; 2013-07-29 at 12:11 AM.

I don't pvp too often, so this might be the worst advice ever (maybe hehe) but at 1900, if the other team wasn't priests or I felt it was worth it, I'd swap to AMZ for ele shamans. As soon as I heard ascendance I'd pop amz and take almost no damage. Again, I'm only at 1900 so my advice might be awful, but try it out.

Hmmm. That is a good idea. I'll have to consider trying that. Thanks for the reply! I've currently been using Lichborne. Even if the other team doesn't have a fear effect, the ability to heal yourself is nice, but perhaps AMZ would be more helpful against an ele sham team.
    Last edited by NastyNateDog; 2013-07-29 at 01:37 AM.

Healer/Ele shaman - indeed swap to AMZ and train shaman hard, druids cyclones combined with proper necrotic stacking will force healer to emergency healing and will leave him oom pretty fast. Also when you forced healer to trinket, swap to him with focus grip provided you've ams up and train him with cc on shaman - if healer aren't going down switch to shaman again. Against monk your best bet is to mindlessly train shaman, becouse catching fucker won't work but he'll oom or loose shaman in cc. Blade Edge arena - leave to save your time, at the least they'll stalemate it to a draw.

Feral/healer - i've yet to see any feral/healer where healer isn't priest and chances to win are close to zero unless they do something incredibly stupid. It's an endless cc fest where feral won't allow you to kill priest with stuns/clones/roots/knocks/disorients countering long offensive cds hard and will eventually wither you down and X time your druid will be feared out of cyclones you'll die. I've won against some, but decent once leave no chance (our BG#1 is feral/priest with 240ish/10ish stats, and i would imagine that losses are most likely draws on blade-edge where couple setups can stalemate them).

BM/Healer - can't help much here since i'm playing with hpally and i've luxury of freedom but i generally train hunter, grip his disengages, stun scatters to prevent some traps, grip to prevent the others and eventually asphyxate or hoj into repentance/aoe blind kills him or his pet. Also i swap on healers and often kill them but don't think that it's the right aproach with the druid since during such ocasions i'm supported with bos,bof and if shit hits the fan my pal bubbles/trinkets and saves the day. Eating traps isn't really working for me since i've to be on a hunter with my pet to deal enough damage and we both get neted in disengage into scatter, so only meaningfull way to counter it i found so far is grip back into asphyx, grip alone screws trap launcher targeting and with asphyx it's a sure kill and matches scatter cd just fine.

Anyway ele/healer and bm/healer are doable but nowhere near 100% winrate, feral/priest this season is a single most retarded thing i've ever seen in 2v2 - their symbiosis is simply absurd and if any dk/healer beats feral/priest i would be really interested to hear the strats heh.

Ele Disc is a livelord comp, they should never kill you but you'll never kill them.

The best option really is to try and kill the priest. Save Asphyxiate as long as possible and use it on Inner Focus. If he trinkets you can grip twice to prevent casts. If the priest trys to fake cast, just don't kick. He'll fake himself to death. To score a kill vs. Ele/Disc, your druid needs to get a clone on the ele without trinket and use HoTW to DPS the priest with you when he doesn't have fear. If he gets double fears all game, you'll never win.

VS. Feral Disc you probably should lose, but you can kill disc again with your druid spam Hibernating the druid. Even if the druid shifts it every time, that's a GCD he's not doing damage to you. Don't kick the priest on Cyclone or you'll never win. Use Desecrated Ground, Grip, and AMS to avoid Clones. Take Lichbourne obviously and make sure your druid plays in line of you the entire game to dispell fears (assuming the feral is on him). If the feral is on you, you have a way higher chance of winning.

VS. Hunter/Healer Once again you should probably lose. Your best option against priest teams is to only dot the kill target. If you have multiple people/pets dotted, Prayer of Mending will solo heal the hunter and you'll never kill. Most hunters at that MMR aren't 100% amazing at trapping, so try and eat every trap for your druid. If he tries to root trap if he doesn't trap on scatter, your druid can just shift the roots and never get trapped.

Source: 2200 Disc/Hunter/DK who plays a LOT of 2s and knows what DKs can do to healers.

Ty for feedback! Both of you gave very helpful points.

Nyaldee. I've seen feral druid/holy pally quite a few times in addition to feral druid/disc priest. Incapacitate, HoJ, instant cyclone, stuns from the treants, blind, and the spell locks from the feral druid get chained together and provide insane amounts of CC. Feral druid/disc priest and feral druid/holy pally make up like 7 of 10 top teams on my battlegroup with the 2 or 3 others being hunter/disc priest and maybe a comp that is uh DK/healer that I'm forgetting about. It's pretty ridiculous.