Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Biased to alarmism. They provide no information on the levels of radiation being measured, the concentrations, or any actual source for their "entire Pacific spread" comment. Just general links to information about Iodine 129 and links to front pages of various environmental sites.
    I did notice a lacking in that department.

naturalnews.com is a joke. anyone with a college science education can debunk most of their "scientific" articles. that crap is so biased

it's not even worthy of being called biased, it's just worthless

10+ Year Old Account
    Great, we all know what this'll awaken . . .

Who will be eaten first? CTHULHU F'TAGN!
    Putin khuliyo

without a proper source to the image, nor the knowledge of what these stats mean, the image is mostly irrelevant to the laymen that most of us are. The image I didn't see in any of the links, and its source is tumblr.

What I do see on the map is the pink/purple is 80-100 cm; the red/dark red is about 20-60; the yellow/orange is <20 'cm' that covers the majority. The black area at the center of the event is in the hundreds.

An important note is this exposure is cumulative. An fat tuna 100 years old in the future will have massive contamination.

Best we can hope for is an adaptation of all the species in the world to 'handle it'. Because even though the chart might be a bit misleading, the long term effects are not.

welp if it is bullshit call me an idiot might as well have a mod shut this thing down, my bad.

The map in the OP is hilariously useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    welp if it is bullshit call me an idiot might as well have a mod shut this thing down, my bad.
    It's not necessarily entirely bullshit, but it's pretty useless without actual information on how much Iodine-129 was actually at Fukushima, and where and how much of it is being detected.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

at least your avatar is cool sharks are cool

Yeah, saw this get torn apart on reddit.

Long story short: made up graph, total bullshit.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Woo hoo Indian Ocean exclusion zone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    The radiation levels are minute in the area in and around Fukushima. It's slightly troubling, but not enough to seriously contaminate anything on a large scale.
    Yea, if you look the rad level avg has slowly been decreasing overtime, so it's not nearly as big a threat as the OP maintains.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Smitten View Post
    The extrapolations being made from non-present information is entirely bullshit.
    Well, yes. The fact that some radioactive material escaped, and general dispersal would have taken some of that material throughout much of the ocean is all we can be sure of. The premise is possible, but not proven.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since we cleared up the confusion on this, I'm going to go ahead and close.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |