Poll: When do you shower?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The morning. It helps me wake up.

Out of my 5 college roommates, only one of them showered at night. He thought it was gross to get in bed without washing up first. Until then it had never occurred to me.

As a little kid I used to shower at night. IE I would take a shower, go to bed. Wake up at 8 get changed in like 2 seconds, grab something to eat (rarely) then go on the bus by 8:05

It was the most convenient for what I liked to do (sleep in). Did I feel "dirty", of course not. But then again I was a little kid and I didn't give two shits about anything back then.

Nowadays I shower in the morning to wake me up / reason to get out of bed since I enjoy cold / hot showers depending on if it's winter/summer, along with another shower after going to do the gym.

The arguments I see that defend either scenario, is that if you shower before bed (always) you wont be sleeping covered in the dirt / whatever is on your body that the shower removes. So essentially the only 'stuff' getting on your sheets is the stuff you shed / sweat while sleeping (if you sweat alot in your sleep then I'd say showering in the morning is a better thing to do). While if you shower in the morning, your sheets are going to accrue a large amount of 'stuff' that clings to your body throughout the day and you're now going to be cleaning it all off the next morning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    I'd rather be dirty when I sleep than stink throughout the day at work. It's been as high as 30 degrees each night in my bedroom and I get very sweaty. Keeping that on my body for a whole day would be horrible.
    I imagine that's in Celsius correct and you also have no AC? Then that's understandable

but because of the nature of my volunteer work, I cannot go to bed without showering because I would have way to much dirt and grime and stink and sweat on me

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I go by bike to and from work, both.

I shower either at night if I am working, or in the morning when I have school.

There's no once a month option. Some of us are just naturally clean like cats.

Morning. It is more hygienic to shower in the morning, not sure what your GF is thinking. I usually shower when I get back home too if i'm not to tired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Second star to the right, and straight on till morning
    Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    2. I sweat all day....I don't sweat while sleeping lol
    You most certainly do. You may not wake up sweaty, but I 100% guarantee you that during the night you sweat. The average person loses about 1/2 lbs (~.22 kg) of water weight through sweat a night.

Also, I shower at night, and in the morning. If working out is the first thing I'm going to do that day, I'll wait to shower until after that. But it's a rare day that I don't shower twice.

Morning (ish), generally shortly before I'm scheduled for work that day. I tend to sweat somewhat when I sleep, though - not enough to make showering in the evening a "bad" choice, just a worse one.

My last girlfriend showered in the evening, shortly before bedtime. I forget why she did so, but I remember wondering how she could stand sleeping with pounds of wet hair.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mmines View Post
    Morning. It is more hygienic to shower in the morning, not sure what your GF is thinking. I usually shower when I get back home too if i'm not to tired.
    He specifically never said who took which side.

Deleted
    I shower before I go out in public. It can be 4 in the morning, 12 in the afternoon or 10 in the evening, doesn't matter.

15+ Year Old Account
    In the morning prior to work and usually again in the afternoon after i go for a run/before going out.

I usually do both in the summer time as I have no type of cooling system in my truck, and am outside in Phoenix most of the day. So one to wake up in the morning and usually one to clean up after work since swamp ass isn't a nice thing to have sitting at home.

Both... When I wake up, and an hour or two before I go to bed. During the summers, sometimes 3 times a day depending on how hot it is. (Yay for not having any AC?)
    Winter, once a day, mornings.

Deleted
    I don't shower, but take a bath once a day (twice in winter). Usually in the afternoon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I take three five minute showers everyday if I can.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Deleted
    I don't shower. It makes more sense to me to take a long bath every night after a day sweating and walking through the dust outside, especially with the summer temperatures around 35C+.

Showered in the evening as a kid, but going to bed with wet hair sucks and I'm too lazy to dry it. Also I don't feel human until after a hot shower in the mornings. So now I'm a morning shower person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Morning.

I sweat a lot while sleeping, so I take a shower before going to work, otherwise my colleagues would wonder who the smelly one is. I can understand that people who work, for example, in construction would prefer to take a shower after work.

A female colleague however takes a shower in the evening and even puts her makeup on her face before going to sleep...

No option for both?

I shower morning and evening/after exercise. But then I live in a hot/humid part of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Freaky Fred View Post
    I don't shower. It makes more sense to me to take a long bath every night after a day sweating and walking through the dust outside, especially with the summer temperatures around 35C+.
    Post + avatar = bad mental image.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.