Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Interesting "FYI" about american foreign aid and what it goes for:

http://www.oxfamamerica.org/publicat...FalcMgodsjkA7w

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post

Anyway back on point. Iran has no real offensive capability, it has alot of soft power in the region. It destabalizes countries like Afganistan and Iraq. Which goes against what the US wants in the region. Iran supports terrorism pretty strongly. Having an ally in the region that can project its military power, provide strong intel and push it's agenda is infinately more valueable than Detroit.
    Agreed. See above post on why...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    Unions killed Detroit... plain and simple. Anybody telling you otherwise is a straight liar.
    Na the industry left Detroit and they failed to adapt. GM took bail out money and opened plants in China man, it's clear cut. The car industry long since left Detroit before that though, that was the main issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Schillinger View Post
    I told you why I put them in the title 3 times now...

Sorry but you cannot make something up when you admit to hating them...why not just change it/request a change to foreign aid? Oh, because you want people to be mad at Israel specifically.

- - - Updated - - -

Na the industry left Detroit and they failed to adapt. GM took bail out money and opened plants in China man, it's clear cut. The car industry long since left Detroit before that though, that was the main issue.
    And industry left Detroit becaaaaaause....of the Unions!

There's nothing to save in Detroit. It's a dead husk. Time to level it and start over

You want to throw money at something that has been "dying" for 25+ years? Your being daft, it's not savable. Nothing you propose will turn that city around.

This is a great example of a city that put all it's eggs in one basket (car industry) and failed to adapt as that industry changed. The Rust Belt suffered the same fate.

I'd rather shovel that cash into a damn incinerator then give it to Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Yeah, but if a guy with a Walter White avatar starts talking about killing rival drug dealers, then it's clear that he's trying to emulate someone.

The same goes for you. Bash Israel with a Vernon Schillinger avatar (with the name "Schillinger") and you come off with a clear agenda.
    wow guy already said that was not the case, leave him the hell alone. Liberals be crazy mad these days. Go watch rachel maddow and go to bed.

They're willing to kill radical fundamentalists, we're too worried about global opinion, so we pay them to do it for us.

The destabilization Israel creates in the consolidation of fundamentalist ******* power in the region protects us.

Don't be blind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sells View Post
    Sorry but you cannot make something up when you admit to hating them...why not just change it/request a change to foreign aid? Oh, because you want people to be mad at Israel specifically.

- - - Updated - - -

And industry left Detroit becaaaaaause....of the Unions!
    I never said I hated Israel, simply that I don't agree with their policies. You keep putting words in my mouth.

The industry left Detroit because it's cheaper to produce the same parts in Asia. It's always been that way, and American corporations get away with it by lobbying. The icing on the cake was when GM took that bail out money and opened plants in China.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    They're willing to kill radical fundamentalists, we're too worried about global opinion, so we pay them to do it for us.

The destabilization Israel creates in the consolidation of fundamentalist ******* power in the region protects us.

Don't be blind.

What? We hire Israel to do our dirty work for us? I thought it was the other way around, according to most people that Hate Israel!

- - - Updated - - -

I never said I hated Israel, simply that I don't agree with their policies. You keep putting words in my mouth.

The industry left Detroit because it's cheaper to produce the same parts in Asia. It's always been that way, and American corporations get away with it by lobbying. The icing on the cake was when GM took that bail out money and opened plants in China.
    And it is cheaper to make them there becaaaaaause.....of the Unions!

dude, the guy never said any of that. what has a cactus shoved up your anus over this?

And why is it cheaper? You'll eventually arrive at the right answer if we keep this charade up long enough.

Detroit is a classic case of what happens to monopole capitalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    dude, the guy never said any of that. what has a cactus shoved up your anus over this?
    The fact that he put it there specifically to make people rant about Israel, and he knew that it would happen, and it already did? And yes, he did say that.

oh op, you're so subtle with your agenda... not.

What? We hire Israel to do our dirty work for us? I thought it was the other way around, according to most people that Hate Israel!

- - - Updated - - -

And it is cheaper to make them there becaaaaaause.....of the Unions!
    Damn them wanting more than a dollar a day! Conservatives want slaves in this country.

The UN recommends giving 1% of GNP in foreign aid, and the US is far below that... there are very few countries giving that much.

Do I dare say, raise taxes on the 1% to fund your own country?

10+ Year Old Account
    What will happen to Hardcore Pawn?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Damn them wanting more than a dollar a day! Conservatives want slaves in this country.
    Not only is that a flat out lie, it is hilariously easy to see. The unions demanded and got to much. Crippled the industry. Oh noes! Its still somehow the Republicans fault!

What? We hire Israel to do our dirty work for us?
    Yes. Funding them is pretty much funding our own military.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    oh op, you're so subtle with your agenda... not.
    I know right? It was soooooo hard to see!