Deleted

Help with uninstalling audio driver

Hello. I'm not too happy with my onboard realtek sound and so I've bought an external card. I'm following the instructions and the first instruction is to uninstall the onboard sound. So I went to uninstall realtek, and I restarted the pc. However, something immediately started downloading when the pc was back on and now I have 'high definition audio device'

Why does this come up? Can I disable this? Does realtek being uninstalled count as removing the previous audio drivers? How do I properly remove the motherboard onboard sound?

Which one do I uninstall? All of them? Update: I uninstalled all of them and then restarted and now they are back. Can't get past the freaking first step.

Last edited by mmoc6dd45b8008; 2013-07-29 at 11:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the same problem with updating video drivers. I uninstall the old one and when I reboot the first thing that happens is the OS installs some early default version for my card right back.

Unplug the ethernet cable before reboot? Other option would be running windows in safe mode and uninstalling the drivers there. I'd probably just boot with ethernet cable unplugged and set windows update not to install anything automatically.

The "High Definition Audio Device" appears when you have forgotten to disable the onboard HD Audio in your BIOS/UEFI.