Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm.. The first few moments, the same as the Hog/chopper when it was new. It's a little cheaper to make, but takes longer. I would aim at 80k-120k gold as an easy sell the first week. Then about 50-80k, to have it down as Hog/chopper in the end with 25-30k gold.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The other problem which happens with most of this type of stuff.. most people who have enough gold to actually drive up the cost of these things already has an engineer waiting to make them. I reallly think, even on day one when they will be available, you won´t see them much above 50k.. and by the second month.. not much above the cost of mats.

Supply and demand

Supply insanely low demand exceedingly high

So how much will people pay im guessing most people who have 100k sitting around WILL have a engineer alt but most people dont have alts

Im gonna watch the market to see how much i should sell mine

I agree with some others: expensive the first couple of weeks then drastic drop off by the end of the month.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Vale View Post
    The same way it works for choppers likely
    Care to explain? I thought the mats were bop, which would make the crafting impossible unless you gave up your cds.

Azrile.
    It seems like Blizz is on schedule to have the next expansion out next spring..
    What makes you say this? Have they announced it?

being a nice guy can work for stuff like gems ( I do it all the time on my server.. keep prices very low). But with a 30day cd on making these.. if you sell one at cost, someone will just buy it and relist it for double, and you won´t be able to make another one to undercut him.
    You make the assumption they wont just keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by theStickbug View Post
    I agree with some others: expensive the first couple of weeks then drastic drop off by the end of the month.
    There isn't a conceivable way that it will be out in "the first couple of weeks". Mandatory 30-day wait for the very first ones.
    And then more 30 days for a new batch, balancing supply A LITTLE.

Concidering how many engineers there are out there now - they will most likely sell for like 50-70K the first week, and drop to 20-25 within a month. Just like the 502 weapons, that take the same amount of time to craft.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Im currently at 450k across my chars so ye.. theres that.
    So you are broke... noted. You should buy some gold you poor bastard.

On a side note. This will be duped. Period. Going to Happen.

I sell profession leveling kits on the side and have sold 19 engineering kits in the last 2 weeks, more before that.
    The forge in SW is loaded with people non stop leveling engineering... to the idiot saying 150k and "I'm going to make 4 of them" yeah you and all the other people that just put engineering on multiple toons. Plus all the ones that already had it. Most people at least had engineering on one toon already, some had 2 to make each of the last mounts. Now people are buying kits 2 and 3 at a time. Having multiple engineers is the norm now, not the exception.

Regardless the amount of these silly robots floating around will make the gold dragon day look calm in comparison.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    There isn't a conceivable way that it will be out in "the first couple of weeks". Mandatory 30-day wait for the very first ones.
    And then more 30 days for a new batch, balancing supply A LITTLE.
    Unless they manage to dupe the Jard's in which case you could have some pop on the market day one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll sell it for as much as the local economy allows me

Quote Originally Posted by Nornian View Post
    So you are broke... noted. You should buy some gold you poor bastard.

On a side note. This will be duped. Period. Going to Happen.

I sell profession leveling kits on the side and have sold 19 engineering kits in the last 2 weeks, more before that.
    The forge in SW is loaded with people non stop leveling engineering... to the idiot saying 150k and "I'm going to make 4 of them" yeah you and all the other people that just put engineering on multiple toons. Plus all the ones that already had it. Most people at least had engineering on one toon already, some had 2 to make each of the last mounts. Now people are buying kits 2 and 3 at a time. Having multiple engineers is the norm now, not the exception.

Regardless the amount of these silly robots floating around will make the gold dragon day look calm in comparison.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless they manage to dupe the Jard's in which case you could have some pop on the market day one.
    Sorry dude, but that statement right there completely destroyed any shred of credibility you might have tried to convey.
    ANY person who knows anything about dupes, knows that:

A) Its damn near freaking impossible to dupe items, and B) the very few people who have managed to dupe items, and knows about the older methods, would never EVER do something as blatantly stupid as to dupe a cooldown reagent within the first month, or even consider actually making a complete product to sell.

Anyone with half a brain would know that you have just manufactured the impossible, and your account would be closed, and whoever was dumb enough to buy the item, would have it removed.

Come on now, stop spreading bullshit information like this and use your head.

I think there is one thing being over looked with the price of this mount. Its not 30 1 day cool downs its 60 1 day cooldowns and you have to have an alchemist also to make the living steel. Fortunately for me I have 2 alchemist and 2 engineers and have almost enough mats together to make 4 of these mounts, 1 for me, 1 for the wife, and 2 to sell. So the mats is much higher than just the cost of ghost iron ore to make the engineering piece, you also need the 30 bars of living steel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Legevia View Post
    I think there is one thing being over looked with the price of this mount. Its not 30 1 day cool downs its 60 1 day cooldowns and you have to have an alchemist also to make the living steel. Fortunately for me I have 2 alchemist and 2 engineers and have almost enough mats together to make 4 of these mounts, 1 for me, 1 for the wife, and 2 to sell. So the mats is much higher than just the cost of ghost iron ore to make the engineering piece, you also need the 30 bars of living steel.
    Not really because the living steels is taken as a given.

There will be dupes in due course. Why bother duping the reagent when you can dupe the whole mount.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    Explain? How can they craft sky golem for free?
    The cost of the mats is much lower. The most money you will spend on 30 living steel bars which on my server are about 300g each, so 10k for the steel give or take. Most people already have a ton of ghost iron laying around, so scratch that.

Also most people already have max engineering on some alts or their mains, and they can use that to craft it since the mount is not engineering-only.

People will be selling them for an unholy amount of gold only because they think taking a month to create one somehow makes it worth....*puts his little finger into the corner of his mout* ONE MILLION DOLLARS!

im in the, if you sell for anything less than 125k boat. Than you play the game too much and your time is about the same worth as a china child worker making 10cents a hour. This takes a month of logging on everyday! A month work on wow is worth a profit of 30k? lol
    Blizzcon 2010+2011+2013+2014+2015 Attendee!
    lvl-110 Zeush(Sen'jin) Orc Fury Warrior(bread and Butter) WATCH BIG CRITS! Raiding Guild Reality Series! http://www.bigcrits.com/site/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Its really not a great argument. Seeing how boring/time craving it is to level engineering
    Hmm? any proffession takes like a couple of hours to max ( not counting in factors like a dead realm with no AH or you having only 2k gold )

Well my realm is full of people who will buy things for crazy prices so I'll start it around 125k and if the price drops below 30k I'll just keep it.

I was planning to sell mine when I finally make it for probably around 100k

Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    It takes 30 days to craft it. That's what puts the price up. The engineer has to make an item every day for 30 days to sell it. Which means if he chooses to sell the first one he has to either buy one himself or not have the mount for another 30 days.
    Wow 30 days, I can see people paying a high price for them in that case.

10+ Year Old Account
    I ran a few things through excel the other day and got around this price on Stormrage Alliance...taking into consideration the price of other mounts and items added in to the game that require some form of cd ect ect ect. I wouldn't be suprised if we saw an average of 200k+ for at least the first few months on the mount. Run some numbers yourself if you are confident in your math skills and see what you get, i am very interested in others findings.

This number realy didn't suprise me, it's a very cool mount. After a few months I would expect it to drop to like sub 100k. It's like the Jeweled onyx panther tbh. It started around 150k+ and is now averaging about 75-85k. Ofc that mount costs a good bit to make as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess that I am glad that four of my eleven toons are max-level Engineers Each one will be turning out a Jard's Peculiar Energy Source every day. My druid has 3 refrigerators to upgrade as well.
    Last edited by Laz; 2013-08-12 at 11:52 AM.
    HOME OF THE FREE, BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Addon Author: My Projects