Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Sky was torn from the sea and the living flame perhaps suggest burning legion. Living Flame could be Sargeras (?), idk. The Forgotten World is probably somewhere in the Twisting Nether. But tbh - if this anything it's probs blizzard playing with people's imaginations.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    N'zoth, the Nightmare, the countless druids and keepers and ancients that are in the Dream to warden it. Ysera was also somewhat afflicted by the time we saw her in WoW. She was "awakened" and several things hint that she may not have been able to go back to the Dream, or knew that when she would give up her powers she would not be able to return. Without the support of Ysera, the druids will have a much harder time pushing back the Nightmare or defeating it.

Chances are, if it would be featured in-game, we would only do a couple things there. You're right, there isn't much there, though. What we do have could be resolved quickly, but not easily. That's why it would make a good questing hub or raid, but not an entire expansion.

Also, Fandral and Alysra weren't really that tied to the Emerald Dream at all, other than one was a druid and one was a green dragon. They had little-to-no affiliation with the Nightmare or the problems in the Dream at all.
    This makes a lot of sense, linking Azshara and the south seas with the nightmare in 1 expansion.

However I feel players are a bit tired with Old Gods right now so I wouldn't want this as the next expansion, unless N'zoth's presence was felt but not directly referred to at every stop of the way, sort of like how Old God's should be, unknown mysterious evil beings with plans that span 10000s of years, rather than in your face constantly with a short term KILL U plan. Azshara being the final boss, not N'zoth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Like with the other thread - memes are forbidden here. Anyone posting "Half life 3 confirmed" or similar WILL be infracted
    Thank God for that

Deleted
    Wait now, are those quotes from Warcraft or Diablo now, and where do they appear?

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Wait now, are those quotes from Warcraft or Diablo now, and where do they appear?
    They're flavor text on a Wizard Legendary hat in Diablo 3.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Why would Azshara want to raise land up from under the sea?

Her and her Naga have a distinct advantage over everybody else under the sea where they live.
    Seems like a good plot device to incorporate Azshara into a legion expansion. Obviously she has home field advantage in the water, so SHE wouldn't raise the underwater kingdom above sea level. However, if we found out she was down there summoning the legion again, would make a pretty solid reason for US to use Dalaran-floating-type magics (sorry my lore is weak) to raise her kingdom. It endangers us to bring the naga army up, but it's more of a danger to just let her continue her summoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza the Hutt View Post
    Gandalf was called "Gandalf Stormcrow" by Theoden, King of Rohan. Obviously, this means that the next expansion is a Lord of the Rings themed expansion, with Hobbits as the next race.

For those that don't know, in general, a stormcrow is a harbinger of the "coming storm."

Does anyone else remember when the MoP trailer was being unveiled at Blizzcon and Metzen kept saying how it was the calm before the storm?

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Seems like a good plot device to incorporate Azshara into a legion expansion. Obviously she has home field advantage in the water, so SHE wouldn't raise the underwater kingdom above sea level. However, if we found out she was down there summoning the legion again, would make a pretty solid reason for US to use Dalaran-floating-type magics (sorry my lore is weak) to raise her kingdom. It endangers us to bring the naga army up, but it's more of a danger to just let her continue her summoning.
    Forgive me if i'm wrong but at the end of War of the Ancients didn't she stop working for the legion (as she was left to die) and once corrupted by the Old Gods start working for them?

Unless the Old God's master plan is for the legion to destroy Azeroth so much that they can easily escape

Deleted
    Stormcrow = Medivh. I called it first.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Forgive me if i'm wrong but at the end of War of the Ancients didn't she stop working for the legion (as she was left to die) and once corrupted by the Old Gods start working for them?

Unless the Old God's master plan is for the legion to destroy Azeroth so much that they can easily escape
    Pretty much. When Sargeras couldn't fit through the portal created with the Well, and it imploded, Azshara fell into the newly-formed sea, and heard whispers. We assume those whispers are N'zoth. There's no lore anywhere to suggest that Azshara would work with the Legion anymore. The most she's worked with demons was when she sent Vashj and a ton of Naga to help Illidan (who, btw, was on the run from the Legion).

Deleted
    They're flavor text on a Wizard Legendary hat in Diablo 3.
    Because the OP wrote

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrael the Impatient View Post

These quotes are all originally from Warcraft, not Diablo, but are used within Diablo 3 on that item, as you see.
    How are they originally from Warcraft then, if they only appear on an item in Diablo 3?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupsiz View Post
    isn't Medivh kind of dead?
    also, im not sure if i like the idea of mounting Medivh :P
    dragonmaw - EU

Because the OP wrote

How are they originally from Warcraft then, if they only appear on an item in Diablo 3?
    They are from Warcraft, but are used as an easter egg in Diablo.

Because the OP wrote
    No, because of the link. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/storm-crow#best
    Scroll down on that page. Voila.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    They are from Warcraft, but are used as an easter egg in Diablo.
    Then where are they used in Warcraft?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    Nuu. WC3 Reign of Chaos ends with Medivh riding into the sunset after he's helped us twart Archimonde's invasion. He's well and alive, only missing in action. Or nonaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrael the Impatient View Post
    When the sky was torn from the sea, Storm Crow appeared from within the thundering clouds to grant mankind dominion over the living flame.
    Sky, sea, living flame, flame makes lava, lava makes ground when it cools down! This is obviously a reference to Rayquaza, Kyogre and Groudon!!! Pokemon Emerald-> Emerald dream!

This is it guys gen3 remakes and emerald dream are confirmed!

On a more "serious" note, people are really looking everywhere for clues about the next xpack. I'm guessing the Blizzard developers are laughing their ass off right now! xD

Quote Originally Posted by Dupsiz View Post
    That would actually make sense, it looks alot more like a form to me than a mount. I was expecting it to be like the firecat form from the staff in Firelands but this would be the ToT version. Although it would be weird to change flight form.
    Last edited by ophion1990; 2013-07-29 at 02:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    I am also interested in what has become of Medivh, don't think he killed himself once he was done? prob alive and watching somewere...
    Maybe i am completely wrong, i shall refresh my lore memory.
    I'm a stranger, I'm a changer.
    And I'm danger... maybe...

http://youtu.be/dNEtnyAm6S4

Then where are they used in Warcraft?
    Dunno, I was just trying to simplify what the OP said. Never played Warcraft before 3 so I don't know.

GC said in an interview that next expansion we would return to the path of the real lore of the game. Pandaria was kind of a break, and we would "return to Azeroth" next xpacks.

In my opinion, the best path to follow after Cataclysm is facing Azshara. GC also said they would "reveal new territory", so maybe we will have the Naga cities rise from the bottom of the ocean and this will be our next expansion.

Deleted
    No, because of the link. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/storm-crow#best
    Scroll down on that page. Voila.
    Voila what?

There is one guy saying
    Actually it was a reference to WC3, I believe.
    And apparently he can't back that up. The only thing that appears in the Warcraft universe is the name "Storm Crow". I don't remember where that quote is supposed to be from in Warcraft. Never heard it and can't find any evidence. Can you provide it?