Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I like this kind of threads Speculations and lot of lore and imagination. Of course, these threads are also plagued by the trolls who think they are clever and funny..any way keep it up guys, I want to hear/read more about lore and btw if the next expansion happen to be about Azhara and Burning Legion it will be epic..although I believe that "the return of the Legion" will be the last and epic wow expansion/epilogue.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    Calling it right now...

World of Warcraft: The Emerald Seas
    The Burning Emerald Seas

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrael the Impatient View Post
    The Stormcrow mount was the hint, it's so Blizzard to do this.
    And this is it:

"When the sky was torn from the sea, Storm Crow appeared from within the thundering clouds to grant mankind dominion over the living flame." —Legends of the Forgotten World

They are very clever, they used Diablo 3 to give us the clue.

So what does it mean that the "sky was torn from the sea"? in sense of Warcraft and the next expansion.
    And "grants mankind dominion over the living flame"?

And more importantly, what is the Forgotten World?

These quotes are all originally from Warcraft, not Diablo, but are used within Diablo 3 on that item, as you see.
    Incoming bias.

No clue what the Storm Crow, Living Flame and Sky torn from the Sea means but the Forgotten World might refer to Ny'alotha, the sunken city.

Storm Crow and Fey Dragon obviously have to do with druidism, which would incur Emerald Dream.

What do the Emerald Dream and Ny'alotha have in common?

N'zoth.

N'zoth, the last old god of whom we know the name, Azshara's beacon of power.

Maybe deep below, on the ocean floor, where the sky is no longer visible due to it being... well, deep, we find [the remains of the otherwise] living flame, in the forgotten world of Ny'alotha and it's surroundings, The Black Forest, Suramar, Nazjatar...

Nazjatar and Suramar being ancient night elf cities.

Night elves are regarded as the iconic druids, hence also a connection with the emerald dream.

/end bias

EDIT: Fuck, I'm becoming Northem in regards of Azshara instead of High Elves...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alesa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    Calling it right now...

World of Warcraft: The Emerald Seas
    The Burning Emerald Seas
    The Burning Emerald Undermine Seas

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by composemail View Post
    The Burning Emerald Undermine Seas
    Rise of the Mists of the Burning Emerald Seas
    RotMotBES

Best expansion ever, calling it now.
    BAD WOLF

Medivh currently is alive as a Stormcrow.

That's all I'm saying right now. ^_^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Medivh currently is alive as a Stormcrow.

That's all I'm saying right now. ^_^
    Well, I do recall seeing him turn into a crow.

Maybe he got a cool transmog and is now a storm crow.

Medivh is cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Rise of the Mists of the Burning Emerald Seas
    RotMotBES

Best expansion ever, calling it now.
    Culminating in the raid Zul'Rot'Mot'Bes where all plotlines in the Warcraft 'verse are tied up in a single troll-themed raid; one loa to end them all!

Quote Originally Posted by composemail View Post
    Culminating in the raid Zul'Rot'Mot'Bes where all plotlines in the Warcraft 'verse are tied up in a single troll-themed raid; one loa to end them all!
    God-King Rasta-Zul, High Priest of Mohawkka - Loa of the Mohawks.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    God-King Rasta-Zul, High Priest of Mohawkka - Loa of the Mohawks.
    Chieftan of the Forgotten Zan'dulzuria'shta Tribe of Druid Death Knights who have been hiding on an island under the sea, in a bubble, in what is the ruins of Dalaran from the future, on top of a never discovered world tree, brought back through time from corruption of the old gods in the bronze dragonflights time stream.

Obviously we will do this raid in Caverns of Time.

Edit:
    Obviously it will be vehicle fights only, no actual classes will use their abilities for this entire raid.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Chieftan of the Forgotten Zan'dulzuria'shta Tribe of Druid Death Knights who have been hiding on an island under the sea, in a bubble, in what is the ruins of Dalaran from the future, on top of a never discovered world tree, brought back through time from corruption of the old gods in the bronze dragonflights time stream.

Obviously we will do this raid in Caverns of Time.

Edit:
    Obviously it will be vehicle fights only, no actual classes will use their abilities for this entire raid.
    Final stage of the rasta king reveals that he is Sargeras, the Troll loa of light, corrupted by N'zoth. Killing him allows Trolls to play as paladins and be the first race to ascend to godhood- all troll players win WoW, everyone else loses, WoW ends, queue WCIV:The Gangageddon.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    I like this kind of threads Speculations and lot of lore and imagination. Of course, these threads are also plagued by the trolls who think they are clever and funny..any way keep it up guys, I want to hear/read more about lore and btw if the next expansion happen to be about Azhara and Burning Legion it will be epic..although I believe that "the return of the Legion" will be the last and epic wow expansion/epilogue.
    Whatever the next expansion is, it will be epic. As long as it bring tons of story. There two sides about this in MoP though.

1. It brought up tons of lore.
    2. It didn't justify making us do dailies for 3 days in order to see the lore parts.

I hope the next expansion doesn't thin out the lore like that.

Deleted
    Tbh, with all the hints that Wrathion has given us and the fact that Turalyon and Alleria are coming back next expansion, it boggles my head how anyone can dispute the fact that it's going to be Legion themed. I mean, you can't give more obvious hints than that, right?

Next expansion is Half Life 3.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-07-29 at 07:26 PM.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    I've checked the druid of the talon quotes from W3 and the mission where you gain the druids of the talon in the night elf campaign. I can't find this quote, can anyone else?
    You can't find this quote because it's only used in an item description in Diablo 3. There's one person who said that it could be related to WC3 and the OP jumped the wagon and said the quote is from Warcraft and painted it as a fact when in reality it isn't. Could be related but doesn't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dupsiz View Post
    Tbh, with all the hints that Wrathion has given us and the fact that Turalyon and Alleria are coming back next expansion, it boggles my head how anyone can dispute the fact that it's going to be Legion themed. I mean, you can't give more obvious hints than that, right?
    I would have agreed 3 months ago, but the Wrathion epilogue really suggests there's a reasonable amount of time left before the invasion.

Although I think they SHOULD do the legion invasion now as it's the only thing left that'd bring in lots of old players, I get the feeling they're going to do Azshara/N'zoth next

Quote Originally Posted by Brewce View Post
    Storm Crow was one of Gandalf's names in the LOTR series....so OF COURSE this means LOTRO and WoW are going to merge for next expac!
    Welcome to 40 posts ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post

Does anyone else remember when the MoP trailer was being unveiled at Blizzcon and Metzen kept saying how it was the calm before the storm?
    That's why Theoden calls him Gandalf Stormcrow - because whenever he showed up, trouble wasn't far behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizza the Hutt View Post
    That's why Theoden calls him Gandalf Stormcrow - because whenever he showed up, trouble wasn't far behind.
    And Theo(de)n is from House Greyjoy, which is interpreted literally to mean joy in bleakness. All signs point to everything we're saying being 100% possibly true.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Whatever the next expansion is, it will be epic. As long as it bring tons of story. There two sides about this in MoP though.

1. It brought up tons of lore.
    2. It didn't justify making us do dailies for 3 days in order to see the lore parts.

I hope the next expansion doesn't thin out the lore like that.
    I didn't liked the MoP lore but the music is epic Wow has tons of lore that is more interesting for me than Pandaria. Although this is personal opinion. I also didn't liked dailies and never did them. Judging from 5.3 and 5.4 patch Blizzard finally understood that dailies is a "cheap" way to gate content and tell a story.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Breaking a code would lead me to believe that you have some sort of answer or hypothesis on what all this may mean. The OP has not given any such information, only a possible puzzle with no solution. Unless someone can link these things together in a manner that involves no straw grasping, then this is purely just wild speculation.