Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    "Shapeshifting - Druids can assume a variety of animal forms to aid them in both travel and combat. The Night Saber panther and Storm Crow are just two of the shapes Druids will be able to assume." I found this on a archived version of the beta website.

Sorry i cant post the link.

In lord of the rings storm crows brought news of storms.

So storm crows are going to bring us bad news to the druids of a large storm happening and we know Queen Azshara can now control the tide.
    Last edited by Deadlysan; 2013-07-29 at 08:47 PM.

This is reaching. Why would flavour text for a buyable mount that has no relationship to the ingame lore hint at the next expansion? It's just flavour text.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Clearly the next expansion will feature Diablo as the final boss as reality has been shattered by the power of the old gods and sargeras. The next expansion title is most certainly World of Warcraft: Ia Ia Cthulhu Fhtagn.
    Not, World of Warcraft: Hastur Hastur Hastur? (And as an extra bonus it will have a stage play mini-game! And there'll be an NPC called the Repairer of Reputations, who will be able to restore your lost rep with factions!)
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupsiz View Post
    Nuu. WC3 Reign of Chaos ends with Medivh riding into the sunset after he's helped us twart Archimonde's invasion. He's well and alive, only missing in action. Or nonaction.
    you're right, wonder if he is actually still alive though. last thing he said was "i shall take my place among the legends of the past" and then never seen again. would be pretty cool to have medivh back.
    dragonmaw - EU

Wrathion: ...Great Crane. You have not seen what I have seen.
    Chi-Ji: You underestimate me.
    Wrathion: ...the fire that once burned the sky will return. It is inevitable. The Burning Legion WILL find Azeroth. Seas of blood, cities in ruins! Who are we - one divided world - to stand against a legion? You speak of hope. Believe me, the thinnest silver of belief that we might somehow survive the coming devastation is all that sustains me.

Looks like I broke the code, too.

Deleted
    Why is it you keep making theory threads?:P Really whats up with that?

I think it is time to put the keyboard down for awhile OP.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlysan View Post
    "Shapeshifting - Druids can assume a variety of animal forms to aid them in both travel and combat. The Night Saber panther and Storm Crow are just two of the shapes Druids will be able to assume." I found this on a archived version of the beta website.

Sorry i cant post the link.

In lord of the rings storm crows brought news of storms.

So storm crows are going to bring us bad news to the druids of a large storm happening and we know Queen Azshara can now control the tide.

You can find references to Storm Crows:

1.) with the Druids of the Talon (in Mount Hyjal)

2.) with the Cenarion Expedition (Zangarmarsh)

3.) Ysiel Windsinger (Zangarmarsh) uses a Stormcrow Amulet to transform you into a Stormcrow.

The term "Stormcrow" seems to be very druid centered. I don't think it necessarily means that we'll see an Emerald Dream expansion, but more that we'll see a return of the Druids of the Talon. The Druids of the Talon were actively trying to protect and restore Mount Hyjal after the effects of Ragnaros and the Druids of the Flame (and previously, The Burning Legion). They're also the more aggressive group of Druids. It makes sense that a "Stormcrow" mount shows up about the same time everybody suspects a Burning Legion expansion.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    an entire expansion on Emerald dream wouldnt be advisable. as said above, its been touched on in Books......

what I COULD see happening - is a compilation expansion.

Emerald Dream, Tomb of Sargeras, Argus/Legion Held realms, Zin Azshara, Kul Tiras...... all could be regions, Patches, Raid content and so forth....

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Wrathion: ...Great Crane. You have not seen what I have seen.
    Chi-Ji: You underestimate me.
    Wrathion: ...the fire that once burned the sky will return. It is inevitable. The Burning Legion WILL find Azeroth. Seas of blood, cities in ruins! Who are we - one divided world - to stand against a legion? You speak of hope. Believe me, the thinnest silver of belief that we might somehow survive the coming devastation is all that sustains me.

Looks like I broke the code, too.
    Not necessarily. It is very widely assumed the final expansion of WoW will be burning legion, and the final boss of the entire game will be Sargaras. Wrathion was likely referring to that final xpack, not the coming one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Think it's just a Diablo 3 reference. Someone could assume that legion invasion starts from the sky above maelstrom, but don't see how legion would be associated with "living flame", or how flame could be effective against them :P
    Well, living flame is Ragnaros. I do recall majordomo Executus referring to their group as the sons of living flame so yeah.
    It would be weird to reuse Ragnaros as a storyline for the third time, but maybe they're using his essence to open a portal.

Anyway, it's not impossible for this to be a hint. Maybe the OP is grasping at straws, but Blizzard does like to leave behind hints. Only time will tell which is which.

/tinfoilhat

Good grief, OP. Seriously? It's just a frakking mount.

Deleted
    I found a better clue: Wrathion shows us Azeroth being bombarded by what seems to be asteroids. If that doesn't imply the Burning Legion is coming, I don't know what does. He also says we need to stand together to fight this foe, which is a foe unlike any we have ever fought against.

Whether it'll happen in the next expansion or the one after, I have no idea. Just have to wait for Blizzcon I guess.

Deleted
    "Sky torn from the sea...", sounds like the dawn of creation in various folklore. Storm Crows according to WC3 lore are shape-shifted druids. The living flame could be a reference to arcane magic, something Archimonde said during the ending cutscenes of Undead campaign in WC3 (he said something about foolish humans trying to use the gift of flame, before wrecking Dalaran).

I think we have a demon invasion on our hands. And they will be attacking the Emerald Dream.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    No, no, no.

Diablo 3 took forever to come out. Meaning this is a hint for Half-life 3.

Infracted
    I'm so confused as to why this got infracted...

OT: It's Legion expansion.

I don't see it as a hint at all!
    I think you're reading too much in this.......

10+ Year Old Account
    Half life 3 confirmed!

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-07-30 at 01:35 PM.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Half life 3 confirmed!
    Careful! You might get infracted

Quote Originally Posted by Felir View Post
    I'm so confused as to why this got infracted...

OT: It's Legion expansion.
    Because it's a stupid meme that people spam anytime anyone posts something about very flimsy speculation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Because it's a stupid meme that people spam anytime anyone posts something about very flimsy speculation.
    But do you think that something so minor and innocent is worthy to contribute to a ban...?