Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    i'm a bit late but i'm curious about the mastery testing regliTch made... where was it exactly ? (was kinda off with summer )

Quote Originally Posted by Hycaria View Post
    i'm a bit late but i'm curious about the mastery testing regliTch made... where was it exactly ? (was kinda off with summer )
    Still pointless to go for any mastery what so ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Still pointless to go for any mastery what so ever.
    I know, just wanted to see the numbers he presented to the devs .

Quote Originally Posted by iDrunkenheal View Post
    As someone who's raided both 10 and 25 both tiers. Higher spirit builds are justifiable in 10 man if your co-healer refuses to spot heal. I know I had this problem in our 10 man (us rank 15th through most of the tier). In 25 its all about pushing hps.
    (Sorry for thread necro.)

Update: It looks like the change on Chi Brew in 5.4 may have eliminated the need for my higher-Spirit "spot-heal build" in 10-man. (If you didn't read the posts in the above thread, basically I had to spend a lot of mana on Surging Mist due to a raid comp in a casual raid guild where I was probably carrying a bit, usually running around 11.5k Spirit.) On live, during the first four bosses of Flex (16-17man) and Normal, I experienced a huge abundance of mana, even when using a lot of SCK and a couple out-of-meta-proc Surgings. To be fair, we three-healed these, and I will need to do a 2-heal spread fight to tell for sure, but I wanted to look to see how much I had gained from the Chi Brew buff as a potential source of the change.

The new Chi Brew gives 2 Mana Tea every 45 seconds. (Based on tooltips, which to be fair can somewhat frequently be misleading, I don't think this is increased by crit chance?)

Assuming you used those charges on cooldown, here's the effective Spirit that you gain from this part of Chi Brew (complete with Dimensional Analysis):

...Uh, did I do this right? Cause, holy cow. Even I wasn't 5k Spirit over the minimum I could have, and I was like the only person in the forums running with higher than 10k Spirit.

Also don't forget also the 48000 mana from the Tea of the 2 charges you start with, and the Mana Tea you generate from spending Chi Brew's chi gains (1 Mana Tea per 4 chi spent, times crit chance).

So basically if you're having mana problems now, you're probably just not flat out not playing the class correctly. Use Chi Brew more often, make sure you're spending the chi you generate, and consume Mana Tea stacks, and you should quickly end up in the fast lane to Mana Town. Assuming I didn't screw something up.

Note: This also means we can't complain about our spot-healing too much anymore. A 5k Spirit buff is immense for liberal Surging use.

Strategically speaking, this means you should shy away from Surging Mist and SCK to generate chi less. If you find yourself ending at full mana, do something to spend it. Don't just Soothing Mist for chi gen. Its strength is cheap chi generation, not fast chi generation.
    Last edited by Geodew; 2013-09-12 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    snip.
    On immerseus you shouldn't oom anyways since the adds give back mana when you heal them, and healing sphere's hps blows surging out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by iDrunkenheal View Post
    On immerseus you shouldn't oom anyways since the adds give back mana when you heal them, and healing sphere's hps blows surging out of the water.
    Lol forgot about the mana return. You get the idea though.

Quote Originally Posted by jaru41 View Post
    more reliable option
    Sorry, what do you mean?