Thread: UI question.

UI question.

Hey im looking to make a smaller ui. Add ons im thinking about using: icehud, bartender, prat, bagnon, sexymap. With these im hoping I can make a small ui, with bars and chat that can fade in and out. I also use weakauras but since you can customize everything I dont think itll be an issue.
    Anyone have any helpful hints or issues with the add ons above? Also, is there any add on out there that will let me...I guess "break" hot bars into smaller ones, even making single button "bars"? Not reduce the size, because then I run out of bars.

edit: Also, if Im playing on my computer on my account, and I use a different account, will it save my add on settings from my original? As in, I have a warrior, my ui is all set up, I get a new account, when I log in and play on the same computer, I make a warrior, will all my bars and stuff be in the same spot as my other warrior on my original account? Sorry if im being confusing, im confused myself.
    Last edited by Somewowguy; 2013-07-29 at 05:29 PM.

Hey somewowguy,
    to answer your question about "breaking" up bars, what you can do is either A) in bartender, pick a bar(we'll say bar 10) and go to the button options.. you can then tone it down to as many sized buttons as you want, you can then screw around with the row option and such to configure how it looks. For your second question (about the saved vars). You are going to have to go into your world of warcraft folder( usually located in program files (x86) ) and go into the wtf>account >(INSTERT ACCOUNT 1 NAME HERE ) and copy the saved variables folder.. You then want to paste it into the other account folder. I apologize if that is confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotton Rocker View Post
    Hey somewowguy,
    to answer your question about "breaking" up bars, what you can do is either A) in bartender, pick a bar(we'll say bar 10) and go to the button options.. you can then tone it down to as many sized buttons as you want, you can then screw around with the row option and such to configure how it looks. For your second question (about the saved vars). You are going to have to go into your world of warcraft folder( usually located in program files (x86) ) and go into the wtf>account >(INSTERT ACCOUNT 1 NAME HERE ) and copy the saved variables folder.. You then want to paste it into the other account folder. I apologize if that is confusing.
    Awesome! thanks for the info, I guess theres no way to break apart bars into individual buttons and move em around then huh?
    Also, please could someone tell me what the "bar" is that has the pic of your toon with HP/Mana called? Im trying to find add ons to change it, but I cant find the add ons JUST to change that. They change that, and a bunch of other stuff I dont want changed, example: Pitbull4. It has the option to change the look of it and lose the picture, what I want, but it does so much more. I just want an add on that lets you change the character thing. What its called or some add ons would help a lot!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewowguy View Post
    Awesome! thanks for the info, I guess theres no way to break apart bars into individual buttons and move em around then huh?
    Within Bartender you have 10 action button bars to customise. You can make each the size you want (between 1-12 buttons) - in theory you could have 10 individual buttons but that wouldn't leave you any to use as main bars.

Ion looks like it would do what you want but I've not used it myself so can't help with how it works.