Thread: Holy Power Bug

Holy Power Bug

I just recently started leveling a Pally, almost done. However, I have been struggling with an -extremely- annoying bug.

Sometimes, with 3 charges of holy power I can't use Templar's Verdict. It just keeps telling me I don't have enough holy power. Sometimes changing between targets fixes it, sometimes not.

Another issue that I've come across a few times is Word of Glory straight up not casting whatsoever, regardless of how many charges of power I have. It acts as if I have zero charges.

Can anyone else confirm these as known bugs? I've disabled all addons to no avail. It's pretty frustrating since those two things typically get me killed while PvPing, thinking I'm missing my target or silenced from healing.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

if your using an addon that tracks holy power then they sometimes make mistakes. I use IceHUD and a patch ago it did that to me one or two times, but not in the resonant patch.

*edit grammer
    "Warriors make you sap, Paladins let you sap."

Quote Originally Posted by angelflavor View Post
    if your using an addon that tracks holy power then they sometimes make mistakes. I use IceHUD and a patch ago it did that to me one or two times, but not in the resonant patch.

*edit grammer
    I've turned them all off since it started happening, still does.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Never had any issues with NugComboBar, give it a shot, gives combo point bar for all classes that have some sort of procs that stack, eg:
    -BM Hunter, Pet Frenzy
    -Marksman Hunter, Instant Aimed Shot
    -Warlocks all 3 specs
    -Arcane Mage, Arcane Charge stacks
    -Shadow Priest, Shadow Orbs
    -Disc Priest, Evangelism
    -Pala, Rogue, Feral, Monks(Obv.)
    -Blood DK, Scent of Blood
    -Enhancement Shaman, Maelstrom Weapon
    -Elemental Shaman, Lightning Shield

Might have missed a few but I've used the addon for those classes and hasn't bugged out once.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    I just recently started leveling a Pally, almost done. However, I have been struggling with an -extremely- annoying bug.

Sometimes, with 3 charges of holy power I can't use Templar's Verdict. It just keeps telling me I don't have enough holy power. Sometimes changing between targets fixes it, sometimes not.

Another issue that I've come across a few times is Word of Glory straight up not casting whatsoever, regardless of how many charges of power I have. It acts as if I have zero charges.

Can anyone else confirm these as known bugs? I've disabled all addons to no avail. It's pretty frustrating since those two things typically get me killed while PvPing, thinking I'm missing my target or silenced from healing.

If you're in EU and using VirginMedia id suggest going to official website (blizz) and post in the longass thread. ppl with Vmedia and abilities like this seems to have issues atm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by angelflavor View Post
    *edit grammer
    Heh grammar :P

Nugs screws up badly if you have shadowed unit frames, they took like a week to fixed it and blamed it all on Shadowed, so I haven't used it since.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure about the WoG issue (I almost never cast it).

But the first issue has been going on the whole expansion. Basically, there's a very slight delay between when your Holy Power is supposed to decay and when it actually decays. What usually happens is that a charge is set to decay just as you enter combat, but because of the delay it decays just after you enter combat. But since Holy Power isn't supposed to decay in combat, the bar doesn't update even though you actually lost a charge (it updates the next time you gain Holy Power).