Hunter tier 15 4-set

First time posting here so forgive me if I break any rules

Two weeks ago I got heroic thunder forged shoulders off Jin and I got the heroic chest of horridon. And this week I got the normal tier shoulders and normal tier chest. This whole patch I haven't experienced the 4 set simply because we haven't gotten that far. But now I am on a much more populated server. My question is should I drop the heroic thunder forged and heroic pieces for the two normal tier. Is the set bonus a bigger dps increase. Or would the loss of pure stats be more detrimental.

Tried finding this info else where but I could seem to find a website that said anything.
    Last edited by Brenak; 2013-07-29 at 05:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Female dwarf puts my 4 set at 4964 dps, i have the TF normal durmumu xbow, if the off pieces can beat that dps increase then sure, id say gem the items and do tests in both gear setups and see what results you get from dummies and RF and go with what works for you,, though it would be nice if someone could just tell you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenak View Post
    First time posting here so forgive me if I break any rules

Two weeks ago I got heroic thunder forged shoulders off Jin and I got the heroic chest of horridon. And this week I got the normal tier shoulders and normal tier chest. This whole patch I haven't experienced the 4 set simply because we haven't gotten that far. But now I am on a much more populated server. My question is should I drop the heroic thunder forged and heroic pieces for the two normal tier. Is the set bonus a bigger dps increase. Or would the loss of pure stats be more detrimental.

Tried finding this info else where but I could seem to find a website that said anything.
    Use Femaledwarf.com to sim it with your current gear and then with the heroic pieces (make sure to account for hit and exp caps). That should give you a good idea of if it is an increase.

Deleted
    I have the 522 non-set legs from Lei Shen but they're currently sat in my bags while my awful loot luck continues.

I have legs & helm RF T15 which Female Dwarf is reporting as being worth 5262 dps (for the set bonus alone). Another piece would allow me to swap out the 502 T15 legs for the 522 ones but until that...

5262 sounds very high though, does anyone else see similar numbers for the 2-piece bonus?

For me, as SV 2/4 set are 5600/5680, as BM 5655/5683.
    2/4set is kinda powerful. Almost on any fight it is ~3.2-3.5%x2 as SV and ~4-4.5%x2 as BM.
    So yeah, its worth it

Deleted
    Id always recommend taking the set bonus

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dartsmaniac View Post
    Id always recommend taking the set bonus
    Same. Maybe if we were comparing 541 offpieces to 502 tier pieces it'd be a different story, but that's not too likely to happen. Always go for 4pc bonus.