Poll: Do you like underwater levels.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Vashj'ir was an amazing questing zone imo. We need more.
    It was interesting and different, for sure, but once was enough. There's a reason why so many people skip that zone when leveling and choose Mount Hyjal instead.

Deleted
    i really liked it, and im so glad i ended up going there instead of hyjal when cataclysm was released.

the story overall was more interresting, the zone due to being underwater behaved differently then other zones.
    and it was so much more beautifull to be in, especially compared too mount hyjal were only the lower levels looked interesting cause of the fire effects and twilight hammer camps. the rest was a boring green that had no imagination too it. heck i found elwyn forest had more atomsphere and thats as basic of a forest as it gets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KClovesGaming View Post
    It was interesting and different, for sure, but once was enough. There's a reason why so many people skip that zone when leveling and choose Mount Hyjal instead.
    It levels slower, that the sole reason people skip it. The amount of people that quest because they enjoy it is rather small.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate them because the game wasn't designed to be played under water. If the camera control's were better suited for you having to not just look around, but also above and below you it could have worked better. But with the current camera controls it's horrible to try to keep an watchful eye in all directions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not a fan of the under water movement and fighting. Annoys me tbh.

Huge waste of development time, slow sluggish feeling, gimmicky feeling, game was not designed for a z axis and it shows. It just makes me mad to think what they could of accomplished without making that colossal zone that isn't even used after leveling.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    I hate them because the game wasn't designed to be played under water. If the camera control's were better suited for you having to not just look around, but also above and below you it could have worked better. But with the current camera controls it's horrible to try to keep an watchful eye in all directions.
    Please do explain how it is any different to look under you or above you UNDER WATER. It isn't, I'm fine with people not enjoying water themed zones....but please stop making terrible arguments that are wrong to the core. If you don't like something then just say that insted of making poor excuses of not knowing why.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Huge waste of development time, slow sluggish feeling, gimmicky feeling, game was not designed for a z axis and it shows. It just makes me mad to think what they could of accomplished without making that colossal zone that isn't even used after leveling.
    With this logic let's not put any development in any leveling zones, let's just all put it in raids.

Deleted
    I would love more underwater zones. I always go through Vashjir instead of Hyjal when leveling characters.

I don't understand why people hated it... its exactly the same as non underwater zones except you can run faster on the ground because of the buff.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Personally I think it was a fantastic idea. It a different dynamic on movement having to consider what could be above, below, in front, behind, to the left or the right adds more depth to situational awareness.

Also the scenery was awesome. Much better than the same ol' trees and grass. All the underwater caves, and monsters which had never before been seen by the land dwellers.

Even the music was great.

Of coarse this is my opinion of it. I regularly see the opposite opinion on these forums though.

Tell me why you do or do not like underwater battles.

Simply saying, "because they are dumb" is not constructive. Give actual reasons please.
    I didn't hate it, though I will say they should have worked on the abilities players use that use a reticle b/c seeing it always out of range to use and on the ocean floor was a fuckaround and bad practice, and gave other classes/specs an advantage beyond intention.

I didn't vote b/c yes/no are very limited and kind of lame choices. How about yes they were awesome, no they were lame, and sort of but needed some tweeking.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    I didn't hate it, though I will say they should have worked on the abilities players use that use a reticle b/c seeing it always out of range to use and on the ocean floor was a fuckaround and bad practice, and gave other classes/specs an advantage beyond intention.

I didn't vote b/c yes/no are very limited and kind of lame choices. How about yes they were awesome, no they were lame, and sort of but needed some tweeking.
    Finally a person who brings a decent negative point forward. Lucky enough those abilities weren't a major issue as they aren't needed really...but yea, pretty sure they would make more work of it if more content of it would be released.

I generally really like underwater levels, I leveled 6+ characters through Vashj'ir, and will continue to level new ones through that zone. Mount Hyjal is just way too boring and generic for my taste.

In other games I've had experience with I liked it as well, the underwater levels in Rayman Origins were my favorite, but I guess that's because I am fascinated by the deep sea and all the animals that live there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Please do explain how it is any different to look under you or above you UNDER WATER. It isn't, I'm fine with people not enjoying water themed zones....but please stop making terrible arguments that are wrong to the core. If you don't like something then just say that insted of making poor excuses of not knowing why.
    Because above water you only have to look above you if you are looking for players flying around, which is still annoying with the current controls but it's something I've learned to live with since it's not that often someone tries to gank me. The problem is that it becomes a bigger issues when it's not only players you have to keep an eye out for but mobs as well.

It clearly shows that the game wasn't designed around the fact that you could move in all 3 dimensions and not just on a two dimensional plane.
    Last edited by zephid; 2013-07-30 at 11:36 PM.

I liked it because it was different, and I mained a warrior. And I reran vash'jr as a balance druid, so much awesomeness dotting everything in sight and going aquatic form circling everything at the mount's speed (faster than that with glyph?). And just running around as a bear on the sea bottom, just fun looking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    Because above water you only have to look above you if you are looking for players flying around, which is still annoying with the current controls but it's something I've learned to live with since it's not that often someone tries to gank me. The problem is that it becomes a bigger issues when it's not only players you have to keep an eye out for but mobs as well.
    So your telling us the controls are fine since you didn't explain anything about that. You are saying you find it too "hard" to be aware of your surroundings.

I can only see one having issues with surroundings if one is a clicker, otherwise I don't know any oher explenation next to just being bad.

There's something about water that I never want to traverse through it. In a nonflying zone I sometimes even go the long way around a lake rather than swim through. It's always been like this, even in 2D platformers of early 90's. The flora isn't to my liking either, same with the fauna, they just don't appeal to me. I love air, the freedom and lack of restriction of it, so perhaps that's why I don't like underwater.

I do like surface water themes, though. Islands, seafaring, ships, porttowns, pirates etc. those I love.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    So your telling us the controls are fine since you didn't explain anything about that. You are saying you find it too "hard" to be aware of your surroundings.

I can only see one having issues with surroundings if one is a clicker, otherwise I don't know any oher explenation next to just being bad.
    So you are saying that if you are standing on the ground and are looking up the camera controls are perfect? Seriously?

Not to mention annoying stuff like when you blink you always blinks forwards, even though you are swimming upwards. Abilities with a targeting circle, like flamestrike and blizzard, doesn't work and the list goes on and on and on. The game is obviously designed to be played on a 2d plane.
    Last edited by zephid; 2013-07-31 at 12:11 AM.

It was just much simpler and efficient to level in Hyjal instead of Vasjir. IMO Blizzard's big mistake was making the zone so time consuming compared to Hyjal.

There can still be a water themed expansion without actual underwater zones though with zones like Deepholme.

I wouldn't mind a small amount of them but an entire expansion or even half based around underwater content would be far too much. In my opinion they are simply annoying and slower to level through.

Deleted
    Underwater is always awful. Ground abilities/circle targeting doesn't work properly. Movement skills don't work properly. It feels slower, it's clunky and awkward. Ranges on abilities/mob aggro are fucked up. There's a LOT of visual clutter (air bubbles, ambient fish, mobs, random doodads, OTT plant-life) compared to running in a field. Underwater mobs often have the most annoying abilities such as slows/immobilise/cc/poisons etc.

Just a few reasons I will always hate underwater areas.