Poll: Do you like underwater levels.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Underwater level hate is considered bad in so many games, not just wow. I remember the hate people had for the water temple in Ocarina of Time, or teenage mutant ninja turtles on the Nes, or Conker's Bad Fur Day, or Earthworm Jim.

People just genuinely hate water levels. I think its because of how the controls change for your character to something your not use to, plus the depth perception in some of them.
    I also think, even if they actually tried to make Aquaman the video game decent, it would still have sucked balls because it was set fully underwater.
    #boycottchina

Wish it will come back soon
    Why?

Who let the dog's out?! Whooo!!!

I like a zone to be underwater or even 1 raid instance. As long as the overal expansion doesn't revolve around being in water.
    And I need to be able to be speedy underwater.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hate underwater or even in the air Aion style with the wings, I guess a full 3d environment.
    Example in Vashj'ir; Pulled a mob to kill, 'oh shit pullled a mob below me as well...oh damn pulled a patrol above me.....oh shit one from the side. '

Deleted
    If we talk about Vashj'ir .. then I loved it.

I would gladly accept many more like that.

Example in Vashj'ir; Pulled a mob to kill, 'oh shit pullled a mob below me as well...oh damn pulled a patrol above me.....oh shit one from the side. '
    This looks more like a l2p issue than a underwater one. No offence .

Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    A 2d screen is a terrible way to covey a 3d environment. That naga that looks in arms reach in front of me is actually well out of agro range and behind me. I have to spin my camera wildly to find the guy harpooning me. Plus the mini map has crude, at best, indicators of up/down.

It's just a very frustrating experience.

The zone, itself, was gorgeous.
    This is pretty much the same opinion I have. 3D-environments just eff with me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    This looks more like a l2p issue than a underwater one. No offence .
    It has nothing to do with l2p.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo42 View Post
    Games like Descent and Portal make some people airsick.
    Yep. I thought the problem was the low framerate of the original Castle Wolfenstein and Doom making me sick, but 1st-person games I can't play without medicine.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Vash'jir is 1 of the only things I enjoyed in Cata... Some people just don't like anything that is different to what's gone before. It's proabably the reason vehicle combat is so disliked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noggis View Post
    Maybe because lots of class mechanics, usually the ones involving a reticle to place a spell on the ground, don't fucking work in a Z axis environment.
    Ye that's a good point actually... I still liked the zone though.

10+ Year Old Account
    i hate being underwater because i start to breathe funny in real life.

like i try to hold my breath. i hate it.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    So after 10 pages, the most common issue is movement.

I get that people get used to a certain game play type and it is not super simple to transition. But this really does sound like a lack of adaptability issue.

I really didn't have much of an issue navigating around Vash. I play many types of games, which naturally makes me able to adapt to new mechanics on the fly. Since almost every enemy in the game will basically get into range to attack and just stand there. You have no need to look at the enemy you are fighting. So while you are pressing 1 - 6 on your key board, why not use you mouse to look around so you can be aware of your surroundings?

How do you raid, and not look around at your surroundings? If Adds pop up, do you A: follow the pack or B: Look at where they popped up at and move to the best position to take care of them all the while ensuring you are still in range of healers and can easily transition back to the boss?

Lack of situational awareness seems to be one of the main issues.

2nd largest concern seems to be that people have an emotional wall when it comes to water. I did not realize so many people have anxiety issues when it comes to simulated water. I feel like a new Poll should be taken in the off topic forums, "Are you afraid of large bodies of water?" or even, "Do you know how to swim"

Deleted
    It has nothing to do with l2p.
    It very much has .. I never had problems of the sort , and I always lvled there instead of MH.

And I got eyes problems too.

There is only two games whose water levels I didn't hate. WoW, because Vashj'ir doesn't really feel different from any other zone with flying mounts (and it is gorgeous), and Rayman Origins, because its underwater mechanics didn't interfere with the rest of the game as much as other platformers'.

Usually, underwater levels have uncomfortable controls, a very artificial way to add dificulty to a game.

Deleted
    ugly collision system makes under water zones a pain in the ass, if they rework how to fight underwater i'm ok but if i ask something like this blizz will probably answer me "d you want more content or a reworked uw enviroment behaviour?" like when "you want more content or more 5 mans?" or "you want more content or a new race/class?" or "you want more content or race redesign?" like all of this stuff weren't content XD

Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    It very much has .. I never had problems of the sort , and I always lvled there instead of MH.

And I got eyes problems too.
    This just in: your anecdotal observations do not constitute a larger reality
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    This just in: your anecdotal observations do not constitute a larger reality
    You are saying that if I , with my eyes problems , can play perfectly well in a water environment .. normal people cant do it ?

Seems a l2p issue to me.

PS: I'm talking about gameplay mechanics that do not differ that much from ground fight apart from those few skills like heroic leap. I never
    said that since I like it then everyone must like it too. So please don't try to use that against me .
    Last edited by mmoce0e8933f3d; 2013-07-31 at 03:30 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I really don't get how so many people had so much trouble in this place as a melee. No, really, I do not understand how it was difficult for you. Warriors had Charge, Paladins have Judgement to get the mobs to come to them, Rogues have Shadowstep to get in range or Throw to get the mobs to come to them, Druids had Faerie Fire or Kitty/Bear Charge, Death Knights have Death Grip and ranged spells to get the mobs to come to them, and Monks have the ability to make mobs rush them as a tank or ranged attacks to get the mob to come to them. If I recall, Shamans also have the ability to make things come to them, so not a big deal.

Looting was hard? How was looting hard? If you were fighting something as melee, it's corpse is RIGHT THERE BESIDE YOU, FLOATING WHERE YOU KILLED IT. Or, in the cases where they didn't float, they just dropped straight down where you could pick it up in two seconds. The swimming didn't feel slow because you had Sea Legs which boosted things significantly, and the Sea Horse didn't take that long at all to get so you were zipping around at faster than maximum flight speeds.

It looked awesome, it had a lot of great quests, and yes some of the places for mobs, drops, or NPCs were a bit awkward to find, but I never really minded that much since I tended to remember after the first or second time. And if it happened again? It was probably because I was zoning out and not paying attention, in which case I can't really blame anyone but myself.

Yes, it was also impossible to use AoE spells in the middle of the water, but if you don't like that, then you have the option in a lot of areas to stick to the floor of something and attack mobs that way. How was casting a pain? I don't get it at all. I loved Vash'jr and found it a lot more interesting than Hyjal, and leveled far more alts underwater than above it.

Proably most easiest melee to use in Vashj'ir is the frost dk. All you need is to tab target and spam howling blast, collecting the loot is more a task than this.

So, if you ever got even a slight problem in Vashj'ir, use a frost dk.

If you used a frost mage with frost nova down there, its bad. But its something that the developers of this game must handle more effeciently, the idea of the zone itself was excellent. It added a ton of atmosphere to an aged mmo, that couldn't provide anymore, since we first stepped into elwynn forest in vanilla and looked around.

Pandaland provided absolutely nothing on this agenda all i saw was a lot of boring zones with the only exception of Island of Thunder added in patch5.2, and back there in vanilla mop, it was the first time i wanted to get to the max level asap. Heck it even had only 1 starting zone with only green terrain...if thats not a big step backwards in comparission to wotlk and cata what is? I am surprised people did accept this that easily.

I only regret, that Vashj'ir was just a low level zone and blizz did skip the planned neptulon raid.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2013-07-31 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Casters have to move just as far, unless there is some loot from distance spell I missed out on. Stop crying over something that isn't even there.
    I'm talking about combat, not how far you have to move to get shinies. Having an entire expansion based around piss-poor mechanics (Hint, underwater combat) is not something that should ever be done unless underwater combat is completely revamped.

Deleted
    I liked Vashj'ir, and for those who complains about the speed, you had a 400% speed underwater mount if I recall correctly.

The scenery was nice and the quests were good, got alot of knowledge about Naga lore.

Quote Originally Posted by This Guy View Post
    I liked Vashj'ir, and for those who complains about the speed, you had a 400% speed underwater mount if I recall correctly.

The scenery was nice and the quests were good, got alot of knowledge about Naga lore.
    Again, it's not the speed under water or having to swim to loot shinies. It's the speed you swam at in combat. For Melee, it's akin to being perma slowed. Ever tried PvP? It's like being a Ret paladin before they were given Emancipation.