Poll: Do you like underwater levels.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    Again, it's not the speed under water or having to swim to loot shinies. It's the speed you swam at in combat. For Melee, it's akin to being perma slowed. Ever tried PvP? It's like being a Ret paladin before they were given Emancipation.
    Have you even played Vashj'ir? Movement was awesome there, it was fast and quick after you got the buff like doing the 2nd quest there. You had a %480 speed mount. And combat as a melee was very very engaging. I played a feral druid, fury warrior, Retribution paladin, Frost Death Knight all through vashj'ir.

You might not like the underwater zones, and thats ok. But Vashj'ir and 1k Needles both give you huge movespeed bonuses underwater. So dont complain about speed.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The idea behind it, and from a distance, it's really neat. The scenery is beautiful, too. However, when you're actually down there questing and in combat, it feels like you're on the moon. I'm sure it can be smoothed out, but the darker and dingier zones make it stale for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because World of Warcraft does not have underwater depth perception.

though really its not a bad thing that people hate vashj'ir

it just means less people visit it, and that can play into your interests. i wouldn't count on getting reins of poseidus, but there are a lot of advantages to people just generally disliking Vashj'ir, and I am perfectly fine with that.

it is difficult to quest in hyjal on a pvp server because of cross realm sometimes

almost no one will even bother you out in vashj'ir

I don't get it. I went through here as melee. No problems at all. Vash is far and away my favorite zone in the game. It's not even that difficult to navigate.

I truly don't understand peoples issues with perception on mob location and quest locations. I mean the quest one I sort of get because people are used to having their hand held from A-B, but the mob one is senseless. Just look at it and move towards it, from one melee to another, it's not that hard.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Vashj'ir was my favourite zone in all of Cata. Not because of the 3D movement (which I didn't mind at all, but was also not the thing that made me love it), but because of the story, the creatures, the design, the music, etc.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Most would disagree with you.
    Actually, according to the poll in this thread, so far most would AGREE with him lol.

I personally loved Vashj'ir (as I mentioned in the other 10 million threads about this same exact topic) and would love for them to make more zones like it. Hell, we have a mount that ONLY functions in that one zone, and that really sucks. (Ok, the AQ bugs only function in the instance, I get that. But EVERYONE gets the seahorse in Vashj'ir just doing the quests, and it can only be used out there. I really want more seahorse action!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I'm not against Underwater zones.

I just don't think Blizzard did it correctly. It -works- from a game engine stand point, but I feel that it could be better and better. Mechanically, objectively, on plot wise.

I feel the same about Flying in game, and how some Vehicle-based quests work.

Despite being an advanced Warcraft 3 Game Engine, I understand it's an old engine and there are issues when creating new engine code to get things to work, but these types of things don't seem to be that much of a hassle compared to other Engine coded they've added and tested through out this expansion and last expansion.

TL;DR Version: They half-a**ing it.

I grew up playing Mario and Sonic and water stages bring me back bad memories.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    not sure why the hate. any zone where you have to be underwater for a LARGE part of time, you get some sort of mechanic where you can run along the sea floor or a swim speed buff. 1000 needles was awesome after the revamp. Vash'jir was the absolute best zone in cataclysm (except maybe uldum). So i have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    I love when the encounter moves to 3D. It immediately separates the keybinders from the clickers.
    The problem is not keybinding, but lack of depth perception on a 2D screen. You literally can't tell where in 3D space your character actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Dunno. Vashj'ir is one of my favorite zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Water combat is horrible, especially as a melee. It's all fine and dandy being able to cast at a target ~somewhere~ in front of you, try moving towards it, and then the right height, and then oh nvm the target moved. 3D sucks.
    While I agree that those things can be annoying to deal with I never found them so annoying that I despise underwater levels/zones. I will say, however, that most game designers are absolutely horrible at creating underwater levels/zones(I still dread that TMNT Dam level on the NES).

Controls seem clunky underwater.

Plus bad memories from the water temple in Ocarina of Time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Water combat is horrible, especially as a melee. It's all fine and dandy being able to cast at a target ~somewhere~ in front of you, try moving towards it, and then the right height, and then oh nvm the target moved. 3D sucks.

Vashj'ir was made well, but Water is just not fun to fight in. I've only ever done that place once - for guild rep - never will I go back.
    Melee combat is Vashj'ir was fine... if you were a rogue with Shadowstep.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Deleted
    My brain hates it, I avoid Vash'jir like the plague for leveling in. I will admit though, that it's a beautifully designed area and is nice to just explore, but the minute you throw combat into that mix, I'm out of there.

Vash'jr was beautiful. I enjoyed leveling in it, but I play a druid and more or less had a free in-combat mount (Aquatic Form) during the whole time to gimp the problems a lot of people seemed to have.

The issue with spells like blizzard that have a targeting circle... yeah, thats enough for me!

Underwater is Far more fun as a ranged class than a melee, its pretty bad as melee sometimes.

Yes for underwater levels is surprisingly winning. And I quested through Vashj'ir on a Ret pally and a rogue AFTER having done it on a warlock and enjoyed it just as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    He never said only clickers disliked it, but picture yourself being a clicker and having to level through an entire water zone. He can love the zone as much as he liked, if he is a clicker he will have more or faster issues then a keybinder. That's not an opinion, that is a fact.

This one is a good example of someone who doesn't know what he doesn't like about it. The controls are the same as on land, just as the camera is the same, just as it's the same as controlling a flying mount.

If the true issue would be controls then we would have had complaints about flying mounts. People are just stupid and don't know what they like/dislike.
    There are more than enough keybinders that think places like Vashjir and Oculus are complete shit. I never liked the underwater quests back in the old world in STV or Arathi or BFD, they're all bad because this game wasn't built for 3 dimensions.