Trying to stream, can't!

Hey everyone I've recently decided I want to try and stream, but when I downloaded the program and set it all up (with the help of a friend who has used OBS before) and had everything setup. When I try to stream though an error pops:
    http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/8336/ge72.png
    I AM playing on university internet (have ethernet, not wifi) so that may be the issue but I'm not sure. Some googling this error came up with nothing of real use. I suspect it may be my school that is blocking it but I am unsure.
    If anyone could help that would great, whether that means coming up with a way to prevent this error from occuring, or somehow proxying my streaming services (which I dont know how to do).
    Thanks anyone who can help!
    Smitus of <Solace>, previously of <SNF>

10+ Year Old Account
    Greetings and hello's, Smitus.

Thought you might get a little better feedback from this forum, seems within the area fitting.
    Hope you find the answers you might need, or different solutions.

Have a good day/evening/night/morning/cake and beer!

- Gehco

- Moved from World of Warcraft: General Discussion to Off-topic Forums: Computer

FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

That's your school blocking ports. You can't exactly proxy your stream, it would be too unstable. You need a connection with next to no jitter to avoid dropped frames. Your only feasible option would be to use a VPN. Most schools block those as well.

That said, hogging bandwidth for hours on end while you stream on a shared connection isn't cool. In fact, most schools think bandwidth hogging is so uncool that they'll kick you out of your dorm for it and not give you your money back.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

100% the school... out of luck.

Deleted
    Yeah sorry old boy, as mentioned by others here it's your college/school networking blocking ports. You could try Hotspot Shield to bypass but i doubt that will work :/. Depending on where you live/study, you could look at other options such as WiMax service providers such as Xanadoo on 2.3Ghz?