Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I think they're not allowing further camera zoom to increase the "suspense" in PvP so you can't easily see what is around the corner or over the wall since many PvP maps have that aspect.
    It has more to do with WvW siege balance. Viewhacks are quite "popular" for this very reason and make the notion of "fortress" laughable since you can just aim over the wall or hill that's put there on purpose.

Blademaster
    Someone mentioned fov being a problem, you can check out this thread:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...nges-Beta-Test

Also you said you got a new PC, perhaps the frame rate being higher is whats getting you motion sick. Make sure that you have vsync enabled. Check what your frame rate is. Different people get motion sick at different Frames per second. So it would at least be a starting point

Might be slightly off topic: I have never felt motion sick or any kind of sickness (As in getting dizzy on a boat etc) in my life.
    What I have noticed however, extended playing of GW2 makes me extremely sleepy.
    Before you dismiss this as a troll/bash post, let me tell you that I love this game, it's just what I have experienced. Could this be this motion sickness people are talking about?
    Last edited by Marthenil; 2013-08-01 at 05:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Count_Satyros View Post
    Might be slightly off topic: I have never felt motion sick or any kind of sickness (As in getting dizzy on a boat etc) in my life.
    What I have noticed however, extended playing of GW2 makes me extremely sleepy.
    Before you dismiss this as a troll/bash post, let me tell you that I love this game, it's just what I have experienced. Could this be this motion sickness people are talking about?
    Motion sickness really covers a massive range of causes and symptoms.

You could be feeling sleepy simply as a by-product of your eyes and brain getting exhausted of all that movement, particle effects, colors, etc. GW2 is seriously effects-heavy if you have your settings turned up, especially if multiple people are on your screen (World encounters/Dungeons/WvW/PvP) and it becomes impossible to tell what the hell is going on past the explosions/rainbows. I'm glad they're rolling out a fix in the next patch it tones down the effects if a single enemy is being engaged by multiple people so you can at least spot the dodge cues.

Alternatively you could be experiencing a mild form of motion sickness, where your eyes/brain aren't exactly enjoying the experience (trying to shut down) but it's not bad enough to cause you headaches or nausea.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Motion sickness really covers a massive range of causes and symptoms.

You could be feeling sleepy simply as a by-product of your eyes and brain getting exhausted of all that movement, particle effects, colors, etc. GW2 is seriously effects-heavy if you have your settings turned up, especially if multiple people are on your screen (World encounters/Dungeons/WvW/PvP) and it becomes impossible to tell what the hell is going on past the explosions/rainbows. I'm glad they're rolling out a fix in the next patch it tones down the effects if a single enemy is being engaged by multiple people so you can at least spot the dodge cues.

Alternatively you could be experiencing a mild form of motion sickness, where your eyes/brain aren't exactly enjoying the experience (trying to shut down) but it's not bad enough to cause you headaches or nausea.
    Thanks for the info. I think it's the FOV, since I have a pretty big monitor and I'm sitting quite close. Also, I noticed I had the same issue when playing DayZ in first person, but I found out how to increase the FOV and the sleepiness is gone :P