Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Heart of the Aspects wasn't a hint, they used the skeleton of the MoP dragons because presumably they'd just started making them at the time. The skeleton was then skinned to look like the glowy thing the Dragon Soul shot at Deathwing.

So unless you're saying the Fey Dragon uses a model that is recognisably something else which points to a specific expansion, then no it's not the same thing at all.

In short, it's a cool looking mount and maybe Blizzard has a purpose for it and maybe not, but no it isn't a hint of the next expansion. Blizzard doesn't drop hints, they would tell you if they wanted you to know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    And yet Dawn of the Aspects says the Rift of Aln is disturbing and looking for another Nightmare Lord. I don't think we'll get whole era about the Dream but something slightly related.
    1) Book lore, blecch.
    2) Generic story hook left around in case they ever want to revisit it - which they keep saying they don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    2) Generic story hook left around in case they ever want to revisit it - which they keep saying they don't.
    When did they say they don't want to?

Just popping in to say this:

Anyone who says the Rift of Aln and the Emerald Nightmare are dealt with is wrong and should stop spreading misinformation.

Thank you!

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Etrigan View Post
    I can not see Blizzard jumping into ED straight after MoP. They're way too similar.
    Unless it's countered with Azshara/N'zoth and some South Seas type stuff. That might be enough to make the difference. Still, I think Burning Legion is more likely.

but no it isn't a hint of the next expansion. Blizzard doesn't drop hints, they would tell you if they wanted you to know.
    Then whats the deal with the fey dragons and mushroom circle in Tirisfal? Thats a lot of Emerald Dream hints

Possible theory is that you are right and its related to the Burning Legion using an Emerald dream portal to attack Azeroth, perhaps in a 5.5 patch.

This could set up a possible Invasion of the Burning Legion xpac, using emerald dream portals.

Quote Originally Posted by Adeivus View Post
    While true, there is something interesting to note.

Take a look at the four Celestials. They're based off the Four Symbols, mythological creatures and constellations. There, the four are the Azure Dragon Qinglong (East), the Vermilion Bird Zhuque (South), the White Tiger Baihu (West), and Black Tortoise Xuanwu (North). Their counterparts in the Celestials moved around a bit, changed color and animal (Azure to Jade, Tiger from West to North, Tortoise to Ox, etc), but the connection is there.

However, there is sometimes a fifth Guardian Beast that joins those four: Huang Long, the Yellow Dragon.

Now, I'm not saying its a hint, but it is kind of curious, wouldn't you say?
    This post was largely overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Talthun View Post
    Heart of the aspects and the faery dragon mount are both epic flying mounts released at or near the end of an expansion. Celestial Steed was the standard raid theme mount of Ulduar so that's completely irrelevant.

Folks, the heart of the aspects might not be exactly like the cloud serpents, but it's still a serpentine dragon that's very similar. With blizzard's tendency to drop subtle hints and their fondness of reusing models/animations, it's still highly plausible that this thing relates to the next expansion.

EDIT: Oops forgot about the stormcrow too. Yet more potential evidence.
    Now you're just reaching.

Like someone else said, I think Mists and the possible Emerald Dream are too similar. We've had our "pretty" expansion, I think we'll go back to the ugly for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    This post was largely overlooked.
    I'll look at it

Quote Originally Posted by Adeivus View Post
    While true, there is something interesting to note.

Take a look at the four Celestials. They're based off the Four Symbols, mythological creatures and constellations. There, the four are the Azure Dragon Qinglong (East), the Vermilion Bird Zhuque (South), the White Tiger Baihu (West), and Black Tortoise Xuanwu (North). Their counterparts in the Celestials moved around a bit, changed color and animal (Azure to Jade, Tiger from West to North, Tortoise to Ox, etc), but the connection is there.

However, there is sometimes a fifth Guardian Beast that joins those four: Huang Long, the Yellow Dragon.

Now, I'm not saying its a hint, but it is kind of curious, wouldn't you say?
    That is an interesting connection, but the gold color of it was just a color established in Twilight of the Aspects novel. The combined Dragon Aspects power created gold, so they made a gold dragon. One with a unique model so they could sell it.

Huang Long will actually kind of be in-game next patch, Shaohao rep can give a Heavenly Golden Cloud Serpent, Shao hao being next to the four celestials on the timeless isle. I'd consider that mount closer to Haung Long than the Heart of the Aspects.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post

so no it had nothing to do with mop and was not a hint.
    Well, the model was based on the asian dragons from MoP, you can't deny that.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    Possible theory is that you are right and its related to the Burning Legion using an Emerald dream portal to attack Azeroth, perhaps in a 5.5 patch.

This could set up a possible Invasion of the Burning Legion xpac, using emerald dream portals.
    This would be my guess as well, or an Emerald Dream v2.0 meets the legion. Fel Dream?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillah View Post
    Now you're just reaching.

Like someone else said, I think Mists and the possible Emerald Dream are too similar. We've had our "pretty" expansion, I think we'll go back to the ugly for awhile.
    How is the Siege of Orgrimmar pretty? I'd say Emerald Dream is quite the welcome change.

Then what about the bloodwing mount? South Seas / Zandalar confirmed as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather not deal with the Emerald Dream just yet since the story would be so Old God focused. The Nightmare's really neat and N'zoth seems like a real menacing fella, but I'm not a fan of the idea of four expansions in a row with a heavy Old God presence. Developing the Old Gods is great but developing them so much in a row and leveraging them so often has begun to dull their spook-factor.
    A total absence of the eldritch in whatever's coming next would be a good idea, I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    I swear blizz could tell people to there face that the next xpack is going to be the legion and you would still think its going to be the Emerald Dream. How many more hints does blizz have to throw at you with the black prince.
    Aye mate

Not a new or original theory by any means.
    It has been discussed many times about that mount being a "hint".

The previous "mount hint" was not based on lore, but simply on appearance.
    Bit of a stretch, given that there are lots of things you can take from visuals if you look hard enough.
    Players are predicting expansions from the presence of a single NPC or quest, or in this case a mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    We can see a resemblance.
    "Based on" ? That is not confirmed to be a fact, and could still be a coincidence.
    We can deny that very easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    When did they say they don't want to?
    They never said definitely never but I remember a few blue posts that said something along the lines of "no plans for it at the moment".

Unfortunately I suck at bluetracker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Your theories are making my brain hurt at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    The point is, there have been clues or hints to the next expansion whether it be a pet or mount, or something else that I cannot think of. It probably isn't a hint in to the next expansion or one after that, but the possibility is there. We don't know until we see, we can't just dismiss it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    NO. No its not. Its the same model that comes out of the dragon soul when thrall fires it.
    Aye mate