Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I called it on the front page for Stormcrow and Ill call it here as well. Stormcrow mount will be the Glory of the xxx Raider (Burning Legion expansion) and the Fey dragon will be either a store bought mount, or it will drop off a raid boss.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Runecapeman View Post
    The point is, there have been clues or hints to the next expansion whether it be a pet or mount, or something else that I cannot think of. It probably isn't a hint in to the next expansion or one after that, but the possibility is there. We don't know until we see, we can't just dismiss it.
    Or maybe the hint could pertain to Wrathion ACTUALLY SAYING "THE BURNING LEGION IS COMING"
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Your theories are making my brain hurt at this point.
    You got to admit though. Blizzard is keeping us guessing much more than they ever have.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    I called it on the front page for Stormcrow and Ill call it here as well. Stormcrow mount will be the Glory of the xxx Raider (Burning Legion expansion) and the Fey dragon will be either a store bought mount, or it will drop off a raid boss.
    Fey Dragon would sell far far far to many for it not to be a store mount.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You got to admit though. Blizzard is keeping us guessing much more than they ever have.
    Guessing? They pretty much told us at the start of MOP with the black prince that its going to be a legion expansion. I will eat my own tongue if its not.
    Aye mate

No they really aren't, it's not hard to turn any random thing into a 'hint' for the future.... The only thing we actually know is what Wrathion has told us.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    No they really aren't, it's not hard to turn any random thing into a 'hint' for the future.... The only thing we actually know is what Wrathion has told us.
    Well his voice file in 5.4 is a bit...not as *BE PREPARED GUIZ1111*
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Well his voice file in 5.4 is a bit...not as *BE PREPARED GUIZ1111*
    The gap between Mop and the next expansion could be 1/2 years between them lore wise. Cata was 2 years after the events of ICC.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    Probably already been said, but the heart of the aspects was just them getting use from the new skeleton, less of an intentional Asian theme and more trying to make the most of the skeleton in the store before it became too recognizable.
    Actually, not really. It's a completely different skeleton. I agree it looked like nothing we'd had before (as a mount) and it could have been a trial of what they were thinking of using, but the rig it totally different. Others have said that it's based on the "Spirit of competition" which is 1/2 right.

The hearts of the aspects rig is that of a Windserpent that has been in game since vanilla. Sure they added some legs (that don’t really work) but as with the Spirit of competition, they are both just windserpents. The only thing they added when they released it as new animations while the mount was "hovering" or stationary while airborne, as windsepernts never needed/had that as Mob/Pet. The "Celestial Dragon" mini pet also shares these animations but has yet again another unique "hovering" animation were it just floats.

**EDIT**

And yes when they do somthing "Naga" related, I'm waiting for them to use the same model for "Couatl" and hopfully they will make these guys mounts also, just saying
    Last edited by Tannon; 2013-07-30 at 03:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    The gap between Mop and the next expansion could be 1/2 years between them lore wise. Cata was 2 years after the events of ICC.
    No, it was one year.

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it was one year.
    Ok one year. But that don't change the fact that there could be a time skip.

FORGET THAT. We are both wrong.

Five years after the start of Wrath of the Lich King, three years since Arthas' death
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Timeline_(unofficial)

It was 3 years between the events of ICC and Deathwing attacking. Andiun was 11 before cata and 14 afterwards.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-07-30 at 03:27 AM.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post

so no it had nothing to do with mop and was not a hint.
    It had EVERYTHING to do with MoP. The models of the Cloud Serpents share the same basic skeleton model that the Heart of the Aspects does, and the mount was also released into the store only a few weeks prior to the announcement of Mists. Don't be so freaking dense.

I agree OP. I think the Fey Dragon is definitely a hint of something next expansion-esque. Whether or not that is the Emerald Dream is left to be seen, however. Personally, I think that Wrathion has been hinting FAR too much at the legion returning for it to not be about the Burning Legion. I really would be quite surprised if it wasn't to be entirely honest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darcubus View Post
    Actually, not really. It's a completely different skeleton. I agree it looked like nothing we'd had before (as a mount) and it could have been a trial of what they were thinking of using, but the rig it totally different. Others have said that it's based on the "Spirit of competition" which is 1/2 right.

The hearts of the aspects rig is that of a Windserpent that has been in game since vanilla. Sure they added some legs (that don’t really work) but as with the Spirit of competition, they are both just windserpents. The only thing they added when they released it as new animations while the mount was "hovering" or stationary while airborne, as windsepernts never needed/had that as Mob/Pet. The "Celestial Dragon" mini pet also shares these animations but has yet again another unique "hovering" animation were it just floats.

**EDIT**

And yes when they do somthing "Naga" related, I'm waiting for them to use the same model for "Couatl" and hopfully they will make these guys mounts also, just saying
    Incorrect. They are the same skeleton, but the Heart of the Aspects is constantly in "flight mode," while the Cloud Serpents where given a new animation for idling. If you turn on slow RP walking in game and run with a Cloud Serpent on the ground, then do the same with the Aspect mount, the skeletons and the way they move are identical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    I'll look at it

That is an interesting connection, but the gold color of it was just a color established in Twilight of the Aspects novel. The combined Dragon Aspects power created gold, so they made a gold dragon. One with a unique model so they could sell it.

Huang Long will actually kind of be in-game next patch, Shaohao rep can give a Heavenly Golden Cloud Serpent, Shao hao being next to the four celestials on the timeless isle. I'd consider that mount closer to Haung Long than the Heart of the Aspects.
    Couldn't the Golden Serpent technically be Tsulong? I mean he is usually golden when he isn't corrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Ok one year. But that don't change the fact that there could be a time skip.

FORGET THAT. We are both wrong.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Timeline_(unofficial)

It was 3 years between the events of ICC and Deathwing attacking. Andiun was 11 before cata and 14 afterwards.
    Try using a reliable website next time.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Timeline_%28unofficial%29
    This say 1 year, more or less.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    I'll look at it

That is an interesting connection, but the gold color of it was just a color established in Twilight of the Aspects novel. The combined Dragon Aspects power created gold, so they made a gold dragon. One with a unique model so they could sell it.

Huang Long will actually kind of be in-game next patch, Shaohao rep can give a Heavenly Golden Cloud Serpent, Shao hao being next to the four celestials on the timeless isle. I'd consider that mount closer to Haung Long than the Heart of the Aspects.
    Had forgotten Shaohao has that heavenly dragon available next patch. Still, its an interesting coincidence, isn't it?

The part of me that likes to think of crackpot theories makes me think it was intentional. Likely not, but the explanation from the novel could just be Blizzard's way of explaining away its color. Honestly, you combine the various colored flights, gold's not the color that comes to mind for me (that'd be either white (because "power" and all) or brown (because you just combine all those colors, you'd get a brown muck, paint wise).

Still, you're most likely right. I just wanted to throw that out there, y'never know, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Talthun View Post
    Heart of the aspects and the faery dragon mount are both epic flying mounts released at or near the end of an expansion. Celestial Steed was the standard raid theme mount of Ulduar so that's completely irrelevant.

Folks, the heart of the aspects might not be exactly like the cloud serpents, but it's still a serpentine dragon that's very similar. With blizzard's tendency to drop subtle hints and their fondness of reusing models/animations, it's still highly plausible that this thing relates to the next expansion.

EDIT: Oops forgot about the stormcrow too. Yet more potential evidence.
    I'm pretty sure that MoP was already announced by the time the Heart of the Aspects mount was added, so it really wasn't a hint at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    They never said definitely never but I remember a few blue posts that said something along the lines of "no plans for it at the moment".

Unfortunately I suck at bluetracker.
    No immediate plans for it no, but they want to get to it.

http://youtu.be/gtB_WcwfA7U?t=20s
    http://youtu.be/0LRjrxmTxoU?t=11m10s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvJpn....be&t=2h24m15s

It was mentioned in a post-mortem type post talking about future content too as one of the places left to explore on Azeroth, but I suck at bluetracker too and can't find it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Incorrect. They are the same skeleton, but the Heart of the Aspects is constantly in "flight mode," while the Cloud Serpents where given a new animation for idling. If you turn on slow RP walking in game and run with a Cloud Serpent on the ground, then do the same with the Aspect mount, the skeletons and the way they move are identical.
    No... the Skyserpent's entire body undulates when it "walks." The heart of the aspect's tail undulates (which is probably why people think it shares the exact same animations,) but its body does not. The Skyserpent's entire "pivot point" is its head; the rest of it corckscrews through the air, but its head remains relatively stable. The Heart of the Aspect's pivot point is the center of its body; compare the animations from an overhead view, and they look nothing alike.

The ONLY animation the two share in common is their swim animation.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-07-30 at 04:25 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    No... the Skyserpent's entire body undulates when it "walks." The heart of the aspect's tail undulates (which is probably why people think it shares the exact same animations,) but its body does not. The Skyserpent's entire "pivot point" is its head; the rest of it corckscrews through the air, but its head remains relatively stable. The Heart of the Aspect's pivot point is the center of its body; compare the animations from an overhead view, and they look nothing alike.

The ONLY animation the two share in common is their swim animation.
    ty /salute

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post

so no it had nothing to do with mop and was not a hint.
    You can't deny that it made you think of China, can you? :-)

"After the second invasion of the Burning Legion, Malfurion Stormrage summoned them from the Emerald Dream to help purge the night elf forests of demonic magics and were called into service briefly during the night elves' hunt for Illidan."

So Blizzard calls in the Enchanted Fey Dragon, because we need one to hunt down Illidan again in a Burning Legion expansion?
    But this time, we need this big one.

Or simply because there will be coming demonic magic and you need one big Enchanted Fey Dragon to purge the demon magic away!?

- - - Updated - - -