Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Karaoke View Post
    I think it's fine. If I understand you correctly, you're saying that you place more value on the helms than the glyphs. Blizzard's pricing reflects that.

    It also sounds like you feel entitled to whatever Blizzard adds to the game simply by paying a subscription. Why is that exactly?
    Entitlement mentality.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Superchief View Post
    Looks like Blizzard is adding a bunch of useless minor cosmetic glyphs next patch. Real fair to the subscribers compared to helms on the Blizzard store right? How do you guys feel about this? It's definitely the worse of the two, I'd rather have the helms obtainable in-game and these dumb glyphs on the store. Which took longer to make? The glyphs or the helms?

    Obviously our subscription is paying for the next raid and virtual realms, but that's beside the point here. The point is we subscribers are getting the lesser of two cosmetic projects. You know and I know Blizzard will bring this point up to defend themselves for example: Bli$$ard - "well to be fair we gave the players cosmetic glyphs as a way to make up for the helms on the blizzard store, so there will be no more debating this." You know they'll say some crap like that when it gets brought up on the official forums next patch. Do the glyphs reeeeeeealy make up for the helms to you?
    Yay, yet another hissyfit about the mog helms. Just what these forums needed!

    And btw? Blizzard doesn't need to defend adding helms to the store and they don't need to defend adding more glyphs. Especially not to people who post whiny crap like this pointless topic. People have asked them to make more fun/minor glyphs and they have. Don't like it? Tough.

    Also, until you have a job working for Blizz as a financial analyst, I'm pretty sure you don't have a clue what our subs 'pay for'. So please, in the future, talk out of the correct end of your body when posting here.

    Believe it or not, paying $15 a month doesn't entitle you to bitch and cry about everything Blizzard does. Its THEIR game. THEIR store. THEIR development time. Therefore its THEIR choice. Too many people, like yourself, think of this as owning stock in something... 'they get my money, therefore I have a right!' when no, actually you don't. You might spend $20+ a month at a specific restaurant, doesn't give you right to run behind the counter and bitch and piss and moan about every little change they make to the menu. Nor does it mean they have to defend those changes to you.

    Ugh, this community - a word that I use lightly these days - just makes my stomach turn anymore. Some of you will cry about ANYTHING.

    "OH.EM.GEE. Blizzard changed the color of the 'play' button on the launcher. THIS IS COMPLETE AND UTTER BS, I LIKED IT THE WAY IT WAS BEFORE WTF BLIZZ? WHY U R CATERING TO THE CASUALS AND RUINING MY GAME I HATE WOW NOW ROFLMAOWTF!!! **




    ** how idiotic some people here sound when they post.

  3. #23
    Herald of the Titans zephid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Superchief View Post
    Looks like Blizzard is adding a bunch of useless minor cosmetic glyphs next patch. Real fair to the subscribers compared to helms on the Blizzard store right? How do you guys feel about this? It's definitely the worse of the two, I'd rather have the helms obtainable in-game and these dumb glyphs on the store. Which took longer to make? The glyphs or the helms?
    I really don't care since I think all the helms are ugly and I won't be using any of the glyphs.

  4. #24
    Scarab Lord MonsieuRoberts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Weeping Squares, Vilendra, Solus
    Posts
    4,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    Not sure how I feel about paying them monthly only to have them spend time/effort creating things, in a company we help pay for, that we once again have to buy for even more money rather than it being an update to the game. Could say the same about expansions but I think I would've drawn the line before a store on top of a subscription game.
    You pay for access. Your subscription entitles you to being able to log in and press buttons while targeting things, it doesn't give you free access to non mandatory, statless accessories. Pay-to-play and Buy-to-play are the same in this regard, you're paying for access and nothing else.

    I understand that it's your opinion, and many other people's opinion, that your $15 should let you at leave have a chance at having whatever you want, but that's just not how it works. It hasn't worked that way with mounts or pets, and I don't understand why the reaction is so large to the addition of statless, "useless" gear. The philosophy of paying for access and then paying for bonus things hasn't changed, and people seem to suddenly think that they are being slighted because of helmets.
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2013-07-30 at 12:01 AM.
    "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything."

    "It shall be engraved upon your very soul; Nibelung Valesti!"
    Old Warrior - New Warrior

  5. #25
    The Lightbringer OzoAndIndi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    3,535
    Quote Originally Posted by Superchief View Post
    Looks like Blizzard is adding a bunch of useless minor cosmetic glyphs next patch. Real fair to the subscribers compared to helms on the Blizzard store right?
    Where is the sense of competition coming from, or at least what I'm 'hearing' as competition, because this sounds like finger pointing over fairness between two groups... considering everyone pays to play, I'm not seeing the injustice.

    It's extra optional junk... Blizzard doesn't really owe anyone anything other than good customer service for the game itself that someone pays for. Maybe they should add to the game but increase the monthly price for all the extra features people have been given now at no extra cost compared to years ago.
    Last edited by OzoAndIndi; 2013-07-30 at 12:08 AM.

  6. #26
    Legendary! Thelxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    6,342
    Are they going to sell glyphs in the cash shop?

  7. #27
    Scarab Lord MonsieuRoberts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Weeping Squares, Vilendra, Solus
    Posts
    4,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Are they going to sell glyphs in the cash shop?
    I think it's safe to say that they'll never be for sale.
    "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything."

    "It shall be engraved upon your very soul; Nibelung Valesti!"
    Old Warrior - New Warrior

  8. #28
    You are getting something new for free and bitching about it.

    Just quit. You'll never be happy on WoW and you'll never be happy in this life with that attitude, the least you could do is be considerate enough to not expose yourself to the reasonable public.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Superchief View Post
    Looks like Blizzard is adding a bunch of useless minor cosmetic glyphs next patch. Real fair to the subscribers compared to helms on the Blizzard store right?
    El faceo del palmo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Are they going to sell glyphs in the cash shop?
    The entire complaint of OP hinges on the fact that they aren't on the cash shop, in contrast to the (gawd-ugly) helms.

  11. #31
    Brewmaster Bassch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cork, Ireland
    Posts
    1,305
    I don't see why people are complaining about the helmets. If you don't want them, don't get them. Simple as. If people want them, they'll buy them. Nice handy money for Blizzard to make money. Seeing as....well....Blizzard is a company and companies are there to make as much profit as possible.

    Personally, I don't want the helmets. Therefor I won't buy them. But I won't complain about them being there even though they will not interrupt my enjoyment of the game in any way.

  12. #32
    No, Blizzard will never defend themselves like that, NEVER, if they do they are just leaving themselves a gap for the trolls to dig into.

    They'll simply say that the subscription fee is ONLY for the upkeep of the customer service(they've said that a million times already), and then they will go on and nag about how the stuffs on Blizz store will not affect gameplay and is optional.

    TL;DR
    They will never give a direct answer to our questions.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by glycerethe View Post
    No, Blizzard will never defend themselves like that, NEVER, if they do they are just leaving themselves a gap for the trolls to dig into.

    They'll simply say that the subscription fee is ONLY for the upkeep of the customer service(they've said that a million times already), and then they will go on and nag about how the stuffs on Blizz store will not affect gameplay and is optional.

    TL;DR
    They will never give a direct answer to our questions.
    I'm sure quite a bit goes into server maintenance too!
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

  14. #34
    The thing is, glyphs are already in game, scribes would be cheated if they were bought on the store.
    The new helms on the other hand are the first time Blizz has done the "no armor type", which is EXACTLY why it's better they sold these on the store. It's not only a good way to test this stuff out and it's popularity to see whether to include more of it, or if it's better suited to in-game purchases/achievements due to the amount sold, but it also is much better suited to the store just because of what it is.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassch View Post
    I don't see why people are complaining about the helmets.
    Honestly if someone's going to complain about something as trivial as helmet mogs, they will literally complain about anything.

    Companies want my money in exchange for goods and services! ALERT THE INTERNET!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Yay, yet another hissyfit about the mog helms. Just what these forums needed!

    And btw? Blizzard doesn't need to defend adding helms to the store and they don't need to defend adding more glyphs. Especially not to people who post whiny crap like this pointless topic. People have asked them to make more fun/minor glyphs and they have. Don't like it? Tough.

    Also, until you have a job working for Blizz as a financial analyst, I'm pretty sure you don't have a clue what our subs 'pay for'. So please, in the future, talk out of the correct end of your body when posting here.

    Believe it or not, paying $15 a month doesn't entitle you to bitch and cry about everything Blizzard does. Its THEIR game. THEIR store. THEIR development time. Therefore its THEIR choice. Too many people, like yourself, think of this as owning stock in something... 'they get my money, therefore I have a right!' when no, actually you don't. You might spend $20+ a month at a specific restaurant, doesn't give you right to run behind the counter and bitch and piss and moan about every little change they make to the menu. Nor does it mean they have to defend those changes to you.

    Ugh, this community - a word that I use lightly these days - just makes my stomach turn anymore. Some of you will cry about ANYTHING.

    "OH.EM.GEE. Blizzard changed the color of the 'play' button on the launcher. THIS IS COMPLETE AND UTTER BS, I LIKED IT THE WAY IT WAS BEFORE WTF BLIZZ? WHY U R CATERING TO THE CASUALS AND RUINING MY GAME I HATE WOW NOW ROFLMAOWTF!!! **




    ** how idiotic some people here sound when they post.
    Will you marry me?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dessan View Post
    The thing is, glyphs are already in game, scribes would be cheated if they were bought on the store.
    The new helms on the other hand are the first time Blizz has done the "no armor type", which is EXACTLY why it's better they sold these on the store.
    Not true, the troll feet are no armor type, and a couple other items - Shado-Pan hats, straw hats from the Tillers - are available in every armor type for transmog.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by glycerethe View Post
    No, Blizzard will never defend themselves like that, NEVER, if they do they are just leaving themselves a gap for the trolls to dig into.

    They'll simply say that the subscription fee is ONLY for the upkeep of the customer service(they've said that a million times already), and then they will go on and nag about how the stuffs on Blizz store will not affect gameplay and is optional.

    TL;DR
    They will never give a direct answer to our questions.
    The answer you paraphrased from them IS A DIRECT ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTIONS!!! It's just not the one you want.

  17. #37
    Over 9000! Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    9,802
    Gonna put it right out there:

    Putting an item on the blizzard store makes it less cool. Automatically. But if people want to spend money on it... more power to them.

    And moving on from that:

    First, your point about "they're making glyphs to compensate for the helms" is inane bullshit. Blizzard doesn't need to "aesthetically compensate" for anything, and I see no reason for them to start with "well here are some glyphs." There have been cosmetic glyphs in the game for a while; long before these helms were ever datamined. Players like cosmetic glyphs. Blizzard put more cosmetic glyphs in. Is that so damn difficult to understand?

    But to address the larger point:
    Blizzard has not stopped making "cool items" because they made three helms that were datamined two patches ago and just now made it into the game. Did they stop making cool mounts after they put in the sparklepony? No. In fact, Invincible, the mount EVERYONE seems to resort back to referring as "the cool mount" came out AFTER the Celestial Steed did. That's right. Invincible could very well be a REMODEL of the Celestial Steed (they all use the hippogryph skeleton anyway.) And since then we've had the firehawks, pterrorwings, sky serpents, and a myriad of other cool mounts that have come out and are obtainable in-game.

    And now, because some people think that some of the PvE tier sets look "weak," Blizzard is OBVIOUSLY never going to make cool armor again, because we'll just cover ourselves head-to-toe in helms, right? Of course not; it'd be stupid to "assume" that, just like it was stupid to assume it for sparklepony.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-07-30 at 12:29 AM.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  18. #38
    Pit Lord Azgraal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Unvanquished City of Porto, Portugal
    Posts
    2,370
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I'd rather get one awesome cosmetic effect than a bunch of stupid new buttons to press.

    appearance > gameplay IMHO

    and the store helms are awesome, stop picking on them lol

    What you want is a movie, not a game...

  19. #39
    Legendary! The Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Litwak's Arcade Sunny Scotland!
    Posts
    6,242
    3 helm items on the store, hundreds of items ingame to choose from, plus they are giving us fun cosmetic glyphs.. I am confused as to whats so anger worthy o.O

  20. #40
    Over 9000! Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    9,802
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    3 helm items on the store, hundreds of items ingame to choose from, plus they are giving us fun cosmetic glyphs.. I am confused as to whats so anger worthy o.O
    Because things.


    That's why most people are spit-drivel angry at Blizzard these days, it seems.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •