Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Putting an item on the blizzard store makes it less cool. Automatically. But if people want to spend money on it... more power to them.
    True. But that's not the only thing that makes them less cool. Back before mog came along I had my Cursed Vision of Sargeras in my bank, and I'd always look at it and think of how awesome it was, and then when mog was announced I squeed like crazy and planned mogs with the Cursed Vision in them. Then mog comes along and every Rogue on the planet mogs Cursed Vision. Le sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I'm wondering now if the helms are like some kid going to school with obvious designer clothing many others can't afford to blow a bunch of money on (or have better sense not to) and give the richer kid an attitude over it. Helm = forehead sign reading "I have a bigger paycheck"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Don't like it? Don't fucking buy it!!!
    Infracted. Don't post fake blizzard quotes
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-07-30 at 04:38 AM.

Enough with your whining already. You act as if it was Blizzards new modus operandi to first principally determine beforehand if they're gonna put ANYTHING new they do in the game or to the cash shop. Those helms were made extra for the shop, you might as well treat it as such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    I'd rather have the glyphs, the helms are god awful ugly
    seriously i think they are so ugly too, i dont get what all the hype is about...

Deleted
    Who give a flying f*ck what cosmetic items they put on the store, be it mount, pets or transmog gear I couldn't care less... Come back when blizz lets us buy old tier sets for transmog, then I'll get out my pitchfork and torch XD

Your title for this thread is also rather asinine since it suggests we're being cheated in favor of someone else... when there are ONLY subscribers, not to mention being cheated out of something would mean we were supposed to get it in the first place. :P

Sounds good to me, way better than wasting real money on some ugly helms. Don't see the problem, personally, should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    seriously i think they are so ugly too, i dont get what all the hype is about...
    That's not really the point, FYI.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I don't transmog or use any cosmetic shit so I don't give a rat's ass what they do

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superchief View Post
    Looks like Blizzard is adding a bunch of useless minor cosmetic glyphs next patch. Real fair to the subscribers compared to helms on the Blizzard store right? How do you guys feel about this? It's definitely the worse of the two, I'd rather have the helms obtainable in-game and these dumb glyphs on the store. Which took longer to make? The glyphs or the helms?

Obviously our subscription is paying for the next raid and virtual realms, but that's beside the point here. The point is we subscribers are getting the lesser of two cosmetic projects. You know and I know Blizzard will bring this point up to defend themselves for example: Bli$$ard - "well to be fair we gave the players cosmetic glyphs as a way to make up for the helms on the blizzard store, so there will be no more debating this." You know they'll say some crap like that when it gets brought up on the official forums next patch. Do the glyphs reeeeeeealy make up for the helms to you?
    Ha when it is brought up on the official forums it is locked or deleted.

They just ignore it and keep milking away

Quote Originally Posted by Asag View Post
    Ha when it is brought up on the official forums it is locked or deleted.

They just ignore it and keep milking away
    Crowley the reason it is locked is due to the amount of bullshit and wild conjecture that is present in those threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Crowley the reason it is locked is due to the amount of bullshit and wild conjecture that is present in those threads.

I call bullshit on that since that is in every thread on the official forums. They do like to shut down criticism against wow real quick there. But any thread kissing their ass or post where fanboys troll and attack anyone are okay.

15+ Year Old Account
    The point is we subscribers are getting the lesser of two cosmetic projects. You know and I know Blizzard will bring this point up to defend themselves for example: Bli$$ard - "well to be fair we gave the players cosmetic glyphs as a way to make up for the helms on the blizzard store, so there will be no more debating this." You know they'll say some crap like that when it gets brought up on the official forums next patch. Do the glyphs reeeeeeealy make up for the helms to you?
    Perhaps you missed it but patch 5.4 has a ton of vanity items, new pets, new mounts, new models for gear/transmog and more. Patch 5.4 has way more cosmetic things then some helms you can buy on the store. Not to mention fun glyphs have way more value then a helm model. There is a reason why they are added to the game and why people use them.

Don't confuse bad/terrible with I don't like any of them. There is a difference between not liking something and something being actually worse or useless. Besides under the design intent of glyphs for this expansion they are supposed to be useless. 99% of minor glyphs are supposed to be cosmetic and have no dps/performance related use.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    Not sure how I feel about paying them monthly only to have them spend time/effort creating things, in a company we help pay for, that we once again have to buy for even more money rather than it being an update to the game. Could say the same about expansions but I think I would've drawn the line before a store on top of a subscription game.
    Blizzard has always devoted time to creating out of game items. Blizzcon, CE items, Other event items, promotional items, TCG items etc. The advent of helms being sold is nothing new and we know that they were finished long before they were even sold. So the amount of impact on current/recent development is low. The other thing you seem to be confused on is the necessity of the store items.

You don't have to buy, you can buy. Have implies it is required, can implies that you have the option. Besides it is a little late to complain about this now since pets and mounts have been sold since 2009 even longer if you count the spectral tiger loot cards going for $400+ on ebay.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    They should have added 3 glyphs to the store and not the helms. Would have been fairer to the playerbase.
    You clearly don't understand the concept of "fair". Everyone has equal *access* to everything the game has to offer for $15/month. That is fair.

If you want fair ability to *purchase* the items that require additional currencies, you should look into your life and the means you employ in obtaining those currencies in order to have a more *fair* balance of them. You know, get a better paying job.

Do you also get pissy when you go to Burger King, and order a number one, which comes with fries and a soda, and have to pay extra for cheese?

No

Why does this thread exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    How the hell are cosmetic helms in any way related to minor glyphs? They probably are not even made by the same teams and the whole "they are wasting time developing A when they should be developing B" argument is stupid anyways. If you don't like the idea of cosmetic items being sold for real money, don't but them! If they end up not being profitable then they will not make more in the future. If they do end up being profitable then that means there are enough other players who don't feel like they are being cheated and have no problem with spending a little bit extra for cosmetic only items. Just because you do not like the idea does not mean no one else does either and if it really, really bothers you then just stop playing WoW all together.

As for me, I would take a glyph that shrinks the size of my mage's water elemental over any statless transmog helm.

Ok, you do realize there are no non-subscribers in this game right? Every one who plays pays $15 a month to do so. The free trial accounts don't count.

This is nothing more then another person who falls into one of these categories.

A: Can't afford the helms, but really wants one
    b: Currently plays a class who hasn't gotten a cosmetic glyph yet for 5.4, or doesn't like the ones his class is getting.

this is the same thing as the warlocks I have seen bitching that no cosmetic glyphs have shown up for locks in 5.4, when they just got the green fire quest chain.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2013-07-30 at 05:00 AM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Oh wow community...

You whine when things get added for extra money.
    And you whine when things get added for free.
    I totally agree. I am a firm believer that no matter what Blizzard does people will inevitably have a total shit fit over. If the glyphs were a store purchase and the helms were in game there would be just as many people having a fit. You prefer the helms, some people prefer the glyphs. They can't make everyone happy. Personally I don't care if cosmetic stuff is purchasable in a cash shop. I see no difference between those (ugly) helms and the mounts/pets they already offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Viabull View Post
    Do you also get pissy when you go to Burger King, and order a number one, which comes with fries and a soda, and have to pay extra for cheese?

No

Why does this thread exist.
    It's at least reassuring to know there are more rational people than raging haters like the OP. People seem to think that $15 bucks a month entitles them to everything Blizzard makes, a spot on GM island, one weekend a month at Ghostcrawler's cabin in Aspen, and the first born of a Blizzard employee. Nope, sorry, it gives you game access, nothing more. If they hired someone specifically to make the helms, then helm revenue would have been used to pay them, right? So how can you possibly rationalize that the cash shop somehow 'took' things away that we would have otherwise gotten? The only way any of these arguments holds water is if the cash shop loses money, which is obviously not realistic or else the profit-seeking company that is Blizzard would simply stop making it. If ANYTHING, profit from the cash shop can further increase WoW development budgets, and if they just keep it for themselves, well we're back where we started.

So, yeah, if you really like the helms buy them, if you don't, then why do you care? These posts come from people who are either very jealous, or very VERY bored.

Looks like Blizzard is adding a bunch of useless minor cosmetic glyphs next patch. Real fair to the subscribers compared to helms on the Blizzard store right? How do you guys feel about this? It's definitely the worse of the two, I'd rather have the helms obtainable in-game and these dumb glyphs on the store. Which took longer to make? The glyphs or the helms?

Obviously our subscription is paying for the next raid and virtual realms, but that's beside the point here. The point is we subscribers are getting the lesser of two cosmetic projects. You know and I know Blizzard will bring this point up to defend themselves for example: Bli$$ard - "well to be fair we gave the players cosmetic glyphs as a way to make up for the helms on the blizzard store, so there will be no more debating this." You know they'll say some crap like that when it gets brought up on the official forums next patch. Do the glyphs reeeeeeealy make up for the helms to you?
    Probably the glyph´s took longer time.