Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Superchief View Post
    Looks like Blizzard is adding a bunch of useless minor cosmetic glyphs next patch. Real fair to the subscribers compared to helms on the Blizzard store right? How do you guys feel about this? It's definitely the worse of the two, I'd rather have the helms obtainable in-game and these dumb glyphs on the store. Which took longer to make? The glyphs or the helms?

Obviously our subscription is paying for the next raid and virtual realms, but that's beside the point here. The point is we subscribers are getting the lesser of two cosmetic projects. You know and I know Blizzard will bring this point up to defend themselves for example: Bli$$ard - "well to be fair we gave the players cosmetic glyphs as a way to make up for the helms on the blizzard store, so there will be no more debating this." You know they'll say some crap like that when it gets brought up on the official forums next patch. Do the glyphs reeeeeeealy make up for the helms to you?
    Probably the glyph´s took longer time.

They both should be on the cash shop IMHO.

Glyphs and helms don't have anything to do with one another. In any case, just don't buy it and you won't get cheated. If you do buy something that you enjoy having that's not being cheated either. Basically, you're entirely confused on what 'cheated' means.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

Quote Originally Posted by Naggash View Post
    Stop smoking weed, its bad.
    Nah.

Anyway, if he was on weed he'd not be whining. Quite the opposite.

I'm not feeling cheated at all. Guess this is one of those vocal minority things I keep hearing about when there's a lot of complaining going around.

I am definitely not cheated by these glyphs or the helms, because I didn't buy them.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

What glyphs are we talking about? Not seeing any Cosmetic Glyphs on the frontpage.
    "Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my comrade." - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I'd rather get one awesome cosmetic effect than a bunch of stupid new buttons to press.

appearance > gameplay IMHO

and the store helms are awesome, stop picking on them lol
    Seriously?...

I'd rather have the glyphs tbh.

Could not care less for the helms. Nor the store for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    I'd rather have the glyphs tbh.

Could not care less for the helms. Nor the store for that matter.
    Seriously, what glyphs? Am I going blind? Have I finally managed to transmog Illidan's blindfold on my plate helmet? D:

*Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm-flailing Tube Man*
    "Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my comrade." - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Some of the glyphs sound pretty cool, whereas I don't like any of the helms. I don't feel cheated. :>
    Oh, what glyphs would those be ?

If the glyphs went into the store, then it'll be a bad business for inscription. Just sayin'.

Every time a post contains the word "Bli$$ard" I am so happy about how original people are.

Thanks for allowing me to decide for myself if I as a subscriber feel cheated cosmetically. I am also great that we have another cash shop thread. I think I would be really proud of you guys making these posts if you included with your post the letter that you send to Blizzard how enraged you are about their greedy practice when you cancelled your sub.

Only way to get your message across.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    What if they'd spent the effort they put into the helms on updating/refining your next tier set instead? I think that's the central part of the issue at least for me.
    What if you actually found out if that is the case, before whining about it? I think that's the central part of the issue at least for me.
    If you chose rock as a weapon, in order to beat a pair of scissors, don't start whining when you get pwn'd by a piece of paper.

Real fair to the subscribers compared to helms on the Blizzard store right? How do you guys feel about this?
    How I feel about this? How i FEEL?

[Glyph of Sha] >>*10^∞³ [Butt ugly Helmets]

You could say that I'm very much looking forward to the glyph. :<

Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Only way to get your message across.
    Actually it was mentioned recently Blizzard is aware of their community discussions, including MMO Champ forums. So these threads can make a difference in the sense that they bring attention to the fact that some people aren't okay with them charging money for content on a subscription based game.

Can anyone post a link i cant find anything about cosmetic glyphs

Quote Originally Posted by Tolkien View Post
    Actually it was mentioned recently Blizzard is aware of their community discussions, including MMO Champ forums. So these threads can make a difference in the sense that they bring attention to the fact that some people aren't okay with them charging money for content on a subscription based game.
    Yes, of course they are aware. I am not exactly sure what "content" is charged for? Is a helm "content" And how is that different from a pet or mount that is on sale for ages? How is me spending 70 Euros on a CE for extra goodies (including digital pets that you don't get to have if you only spend 40 Euros) different?

How would they interpret it then if 1 million people buy the helmet and 100 actually quit over it? I mean..the helmets are in the store. Blizzard is right now collecting data on this.

If Blizzard does indeed add things like glyphs and more cosmetic items...would these threads stop and people who threaten to quit about it acknowledge that obviously the discussion on forums vs action of players have spoken for the shop?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    Not sure how I feel about paying them monthly only to have them spend time/effort creating things, in a company we help pay for, that we once again have to buy for even more money rather than it being an update to the game. Could say the same about expansions but I think I would've drawn the line before a store on top of a subscription game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venyria View Post
    I wouldn't mind the cosmetic items being in the shop at all if they were at least obtainable IN-GAME somehow, even if it took some ungodly amount of time.
    But of course the apologists skip right over these posts.

Subscription + cash shop = getting fleeced.

Some people are okay with getting taken advantage of. Some people even like it. Keep going through life with that mentality and see where you end up.
    Just a few examples of typical conservatives. Read at your own risk:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Totally cool with abortion in rape scenarios, but making it widely available or expecting employers to provide it incentivizes women to whore themselves out and creates a nuisance
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    The reason many people are poor is because they DONT save any spare money they have. They blow it on things to entertain them or make them happy

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Subscription + cash shop = getting fleeced.
    Subscription + not paying for anything in cash shop = not getting fleeced.

Not that hard to not pay for all of that vanity stuff. Can't get fleeced if you don't pay for it. Actually, if you want the item and pay for it and like what you got then you are not getting fleeced at all, because you got exactly what you wanted.

The only real problem with the helms is that they are $10 more expensive than they should be.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2013-07-30 at 10:49 AM.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866