Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    They both should be on the cash shop IMHO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glyphs and helms don't have anything to do with one another. In any case, just don't buy it and you won't get cheated. If you do buy something that you enjoy having that's not being cheated either. Basically, you're entirely confused on what 'cheated' means.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Naggash View Post
    Stop smoking weed, its bad.
    Nah.

Anyway, if he was on weed he'd not be whining. Quite the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not feeling cheated at all. Guess this is one of those vocal minority things I keep hearing about when there's a lot of complaining going around.

I am definitely not cheated by these glyphs or the helms, because I didn't buy them.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    What glyphs are we talking about? Not seeing any Cosmetic Glyphs on the frontpage.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I'd rather get one awesome cosmetic effect than a bunch of stupid new buttons to press.

appearance > gameplay IMHO

and the store helms are awesome, stop picking on them lol
    Seriously?...

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather have the glyphs tbh.

Could not care less for the helms. Nor the store for that matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    I'd rather have the glyphs tbh.

Could not care less for the helms. Nor the store for that matter.
    Seriously, what glyphs? Am I going blind? Have I finally managed to transmog Illidan's blindfold on my plate helmet? D:

*Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm-flailing Tube Man*
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Some of the glyphs sound pretty cool, whereas I don't like any of the helms. I don't feel cheated. :>
    Oh, what glyphs would those be ?

Deleted
    If the glyphs went into the store, then it'll be a bad business for inscription. Just sayin'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    What if they'd spent the effort they put into the helms on updating/refining your next tier set instead? I think that's the central part of the issue at least for me.
    What if you actually found out if that is the case, before whining about it? I think that's the central part of the issue at least for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Real fair to the subscribers compared to helms on the Blizzard store right? How do you guys feel about this?
    How I feel about this? How i FEEL?

[Glyph of Sha] >>*10^∞³ [Butt ugly Helmets]

You could say that I'm very much looking forward to the glyph. :<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Only way to get your message across.
    Actually it was mentioned recently Blizzard is aware of their community discussions, including MMO Champ forums. So these threads can make a difference in the sense that they bring attention to the fact that some people aren't okay with them charging money for content on a subscription based game.

Can anyone post a link i cant find anything about cosmetic glyphs

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how I feel about paying them monthly only to have them spend time/effort creating things, in a company we help pay for, that we once again have to buy for even more money rather than it being an update to the game. Could say the same about expansions but I think I would've drawn the line before a store on top of a subscription game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venyria View Post
    I wouldn't mind the cosmetic items being in the shop at all if they were at least obtainable IN-GAME somehow, even if it took some ungodly amount of time.
    But of course the apologists skip right over these posts.

Subscription + cash shop = getting fleeced.

Some people are okay with getting taken advantage of. Some people even like it. Keep going through life with that mentality and see where you end up.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Subscription + not paying for anything in cash shop = not getting fleeced.

Not that hard to not pay for all of that vanity stuff. Can't get fleeced if you don't pay for it. Actually, if you want the item and pay for it and like what you got then you are not getting fleeced at all, because you got exactly what you wanted.

The only real problem with the helms is that they are $10 more expensive than they should be.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2013-07-30 at 10:49 AM.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    But of course the apologists skip right over these posts.

Some people are okay with getting taken advantage of. Some people even like it. Keep going through life with that mentality and see where you end up.
    It is optional, however many "cash shop games" also have subscription packages. Everyone acts all indignant and up in arms over WoW offering 100% optional items when they aren't the first to have a subscription and cash shop and this not even being the first time of offering vanity items.

Not to mention plenty of things in real life have a secondary cost. When you fly you have to pay for your ticket and snacks or extra baggage. When you go a sports event you have to pay for your ticket and food even if you are a season ticket holder (and have subscribed). When you buy a car you have to pay for satellite radio, gas, insurance, and extras for your car.

Having a cash shop isn't being taken advantage of because you aren't forced to buy it. If you think a cash shop that is 100% optional is being fleeced or taken advantage of then you need to examine your own mentality because that is the actual problem here.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etrigan View Post
    There you go

Not sure how that is suppose to be a point. Your sub ONLY pays for access to the server. No more, no less.

What if they'd spent the effort they put into the helms on updating/refining your next tier set instead? I think that's the central part of the issue at least for me.
    Why do people think that they made them on the spot? They're more than likely past projects that got abandoned, like the recolor of the Death Knight's quest greatsword that never made it into Ulduar.